THE END DAY

Such an Adventure

June 19th, 2017. 07:05 KST

 

Junmyeon stirred, eyes squinting to adjust the surrounding. It was supposed to be still early though. All the kids were supposed to be still sleeping. The curtains were still down, created a still dark surrounding even when the sun was already up. He frowned, he had to wake now and made them breakfast, and also cleared this area before the kids’ parents were home. He grunted.

 

But against his will, or was it, his eyes slowly closed back. He blinked, the sleepiness tried to grab him back, and he just complied. He rolled to the other side to catch some sleep for some more. Just a few minutes.

 

That was until he heard the sound of plates clinking in the kitchen and something drizzling on the stove. He stunned for a few minutes but relaxed after thinking maybe he was just hallucinating. The kids could not open the stove though, he was sure of that. But his eyes jolted open when he heard someone was talking above his head and rustling of a newspaper.

 

“We went camping and swimming. And hyung brings Byul here. We eat a lot too.” Baekhyun’s excited chattered was heard.

 

Junmyeon struggled out of his twisted blanket and sat up straight. He met the eyes of someone with Baekhyun on his lap, patiently listened to whatever story the kid told him, fold today’s newspaper which was Kris’ duty to take them in, was laying on the side table. “Good morning, Junmyeon-ssi.” Junmyeon gasped. There, on a single chair they pushed to the wall to lay the futons for the sleepover, was a respected leader of a big company he and Kris really wished to join after their graduation, a charismatic man he always heard and saw only in television and magazines even when they were neighbours. And now he met him eye-to-eye, with his birdnest hair, eyes crust and maybe dry drool at the corner of his lips.



 

“G-go-good morning,Mr. Park.”












 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Kris was still in deep sleep and snored loudly, with Sehun snuggling to him. Both were unaware with the situation around them.



 

0715 KST

 

After such a very interesting encounter with the respectful middle aged man, Junmyeon quickly threw himself on his friend at the end wall and harshly shook him up. He just realized only him, Kris, Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongin were still sleeping while half of the kids were already up, showering and preparing themselves for the day in their respective rooms, well aside from Baekhyun who still excitedly told his father the stories of their adventures past 7 days. Junmyeon felt embarrassed right now. Did they already home long enough to hear Kris’ or worse his snores? Junmyeon slept back earlier with the thought all the kids were still sleeping, Chanyeol kind of blocked his view when he was laying down. He mentally slapped himself.

 

He tried to wake up his friend. For a moment, Kris pushed his friend away, swatting his hands and buried himself down in his blanket but he jolted up when Junmyeon half whispering half screaming telling him the kids’ parents were already home and Mr. Park was literally watching them right now. Trying to blink his sleepiness away, he then dazedly tried to find the said man. He bowed and greeted the father of the kids with his still dazed mind. Well, he looked ridiculous right now but still he needed to treat his future employer with respect of course.

 

Junmyeon woke the two youngests and Chanyeol up, or at least he tried to. Chanyeol in his still sleepy state, successfully woke up. He climbed himself on his father’s lap and hugged him as soon as he realized the said man was already home. He then proceeded to sleep for some more, nuzzling his face to his father’s chest.

 

Meanwhile for the other two, Junmyeon failed to do the same task. Sehun whined loudly while Jongin did not even respond to him. Junmyeon picked up the two little kids in his arms and went to the kids’ room. They can continue sleeping in their room. For now, the two adults needed to clear the mess they made at the living room.



 

0750 KST

 

The living room was spotless now, so thus the other areas of the house. It was comical how the two adults tried to rush everything to clean the house while the owner of the house sat still on the single chair, silently watching them with his two kids on his lap. He told them to take their time but trying to get back a good impression, they just brushed him off with smiles, still rushing in everything.

 

It was near breakfast time. The kids were up including Sehun and Jongin, sitting obediently at the dining table waiting for food with their father and the other two adults. As Kris was a disaster when he was in a kitchen, Junmyeon volunteered himself to help the mother in preparing for their breakfast, but the kind woman told him to just sat at the dining table with the rest. Junmyeon awkwardly went back to his seat beside Kris. The kids still excitedly told their father what had happened when he was gone while Kris and Junmyeon awkwardly listened to them. Everything felt awkward. They felt small compared to the charismatic man. It felt like they were in a job interview, had to leave a good impression. No. This was definitely worse than job interview.

 

After a while, all food were set up and they started eating. It was a decent Korean breakfast together with side dishes. Wow. Junmyeon thought. The kids barely eat rice for their breakfast when he was taking care of them. He pitied the kids.

 

The breakfast went well. Kris and Junmyeon shyly took their bites. They still were not used having the kids’ parents in the house or worse together in one room, usually there were just them and the kids and they could still act silly. But now, they had to try to act like real adults.

 

Mrs. Park told them to eat for some more and they should not be shy. Both of the friends just smiled at her. She was busily tending all her kids while feeding the three youngests at the same time. Junmyeon was totally amazed by her. She was the real incredible. Junmyeon awed.

 

Meanwhile, Mr. Park was chatting with his kids. Sometimes, Junmyeon and Kris were included but most of the times, they just listened.







 

Untill…










 

“I heard you lost my child?”







 

Kris choked on his rice while Junmyeon spurted out his tea, luckily it did not hit Mrs. Park who directly sat in front of him. After taking some time to calm themselves with a big sip of water for Kris and an amount of tissue to wipe him down for Junmyeon, and definitely big laugh from the kids, the adults freezed.

 

Both faces were now pale with the sudden question.



 

0845 KST

 

Kris let out a deep breath. He was sitting on his car right now, ready to go home. The breakfast felt like forever. He thought it was going to be the end of his life. It felt like an interrogation and he swore he peed in his pants a little. After long and stuttered explanation from him and Junmyeon, the man just silently watched them. They both freezed and nervously waited for his response. Kris felt sweat trickled down his back. He could not see his friend right now but he was sure Junmyeon was definitely as white as a sheet. This is the end. No money. No job. Definitely they would not babysit the kids anymore. And definitely no future job. Kris mentally cried.

 

But after a few moments, the man just brushed it off. He sternly scold Chanyeol before continued eating his breakfast like nothing happened, leaving the two adults in dazed. Well, just scolding for Chanyeol? No for the adults? Both friends let out their shaky breath that they did not even realized they hold it in.

 

Kris sighed. It was the end. Now he can go home. He wanted to sleep for the rest of his summer break and never wake up. He started the engine and ready to hit the pedal when the passenger door of his car was suddenly opened.

 

“What the-- Did you want to die Kim Junmyeon?!” Kris yelped. The said man was suddenly appeared on the passenger seat. Kris definitely would run over this kid if he was late for a second. He definitely did not want to be in jail for that. But over his fuss, Junmyeon put his point finger to Kris’ lips to shush him.

 

“Did you check your balance in your bank account?” Junmyeon calmly asked the latter.

 

“No!” He firmly told his friend, heart still slightly racing from the sudden encounter. He did not even home yet. The parents promised them that they would transfer their money directly to their accounts. Kris did not fussed about it as he was sure it would be definitely the amount they promised for or maybe it would be deduct for losing Chanyeol few days before. Not that Kris cared about it. It was their faults, maybe not all but a part of it.

 

Junmyeon took out his phone and showed it to his friend. There was a message from his bank. Someone had transferred an amount of money to his account. What so weird about that? It was definitely from the Parks. Kris frowned.

 

“I only has about 200 000 won in that. And look the balance now.”

 

Kris’ eyes bulged out at the amount. He frantically searched for his phone to check on his.



 

0845 KST

 

Kris restlessly sat on his car. He told Junmyeon to check with the kids’ parents whether they accidentally transferred them wrong amount of money as it was way a lot than what they promised. Kris did not want to put his hope high but that definitely what he wanted to do. But a part of him felt he had to get ready to give it back.

 

He saw Junmyeon bowed to Mrs. Park and said his goodbye. He waved to Zitao who was in her arm. Kris just realized the kid was also waving at his direction so he waved back. As Junmyeon turned his back, the mother went inside and closed the door. Junmyeon walked back to Kris’ car. Was it dejected face Junmyeon had? Kris’ frown had gone deeper.

 

“Do we need to give it back?” He asked the latter as soon as he was in the car but Junmyeon just answered him with a deep sigh.





 

“She said we take a good care of their kids.” Junmyeon paused.






 

“And from what they heard from noisy Park Baekhyun, we had spent a lot of money for the kids.”




 

“So?”




 

Junmyeon grinned. “It’s ours!” He shrieked.



 

Kris gasped. It was triple the amount they said they would gave them. Even the amount they promised was already higher than what a babysitter usually had, and now it was way more than that.

 

Both of the friends were definitely overjoyed right now. The car was shaking with their silly victory dance. If someone ran past them, they would definitely thought what the heck was happening in there in the middle of the morning.












 

“Do you think we have time for Japan?” Junmyeon suddenly stopped and asked.




 

Kris answered him with a grin, “Definitely YES!”

 

 

 

A/N: IT'S THE END.YESSSS! It finally endddddd.lets celebrate it. Wohoooooo. Thank you to all of you who spent your precious time to read this. I know i am lacking a lot but I try to improve.I dont know whether it becomes better or worse >.< As there were so many EXO fanfic with heavy storyline so I tried to write something casual. I hope you like it. And for they who are here since 2017, i am so sorry and thank you. Thanks a lot. My first published fiction ends here. Have a nice day everyone.