DAY 5 Found

Such an Adventure

June 16th, 2017. 21:45 KST

 

It was pouring again. Kris leaned his back on the wall and sighed. Chanyeol was on his lap, sharing body heat from the coldness. He found him, finally. There was a storm of what are you doing here, why are you here, how you get here before a real storm howling behind him and it was raining cats and dogs. The adult managed to crawl under the cramp space to seek protection from the heavy rain. He had found the kid, yes, but still they could not head home.

 

The kid shivered a little. Kris adjusted his hoodie he draped on the kid, covering him the best he could. The adult was soaked from earlier rain, somehow dried from his running here and there and he was so grateful he was not going to become wet again from the rain with the protection of the dome. It was cramped for a lanky adult like him but he managed.

 

Chanyeol was playing with the toy in his hand. It was small keychain of the superhero that all the kids adored. However, there was a frown on the kid’s face. “What’s with the long pout?” The adult asked. Chanyeol’s face scrunched down and he exhaled loudly.

 

“I just get this.” He muttered.

 

“Iron Man.” That was more a statement than a question but the kid nodded.

 

“For Baekhyun?” The kid nodded again.

 

There were fragments everywhere but Kris thought he got the puzzle. “You ran from home just to get this Iron Man to replace the one you broke?” But he was cut midsection with I do not ran from home from the kid.

 

“I--i-i just come here to get Iron Man back.”

 

“But you went out without our permission?”

 

The kid stunned and he pouted again. He dropped his head guiltily.

 

“Where did you get that?” Thinking the scolding could wait till they got home and Junmyeon would get the role to nag, the adult asked the little kid.

 

“From the claw crane machine at town,” he mumbled. Kris saw them earlier. There was no one there because of the storm but the bright light sure got people’s attention.

 

Kris also got the stories behind the broken Iron Man. Chanyeol told him he thought he could win it again this time but he ran out of money within his third trial, the money he got from his own piggy bank. Something clicked. That was why it was left alone on their bed before. Kris noticed it when he checked their room to search for the little kid.

 

Chanyeol mentioned that he just had enough money left for a smaller machine which hold those small keychain. He won this small keychain. It was a pity that it was small, much much smaller, but still it was Iron Man and it had button for light and sound. He wanted to get home as soon as possible but got caught by the rain. He seeked for shelter under this dome and lost track of time, playing alone with the toy.

 

“I’m sorry for the trouble,” he uttered, looking like a guilty puppy who was waiting for his scolding. He knew he was wrong. But instead of a frown, Kris hugged the kid tightly. “It’s okay. Just don't do it again.” All his effort and sweat already drained out when the kid appeared in his sight earlier. He let out a deep sigh,relieved everything was fine again.

 

 

2223 KST

 

The sound of fighting scene between Mr. Incredible and his hypnotized wife was heard, breaking the silence in the house. The little kid and the adult with a heart of kid glued their eyes to the screen. To shake their constant worriness, they decided to watch cartoon on Netflix. Junmyeon had watched this movie before, heck, he already watched all animation movies as soon as they were released especially from Disney and Pixar, but he thought it was not a problem to watch it again. And maybe again.

 

They were so into Mr. Incredible 2 when there was sound of key jiggling at the front door. Junmyeon heard a faint gasp. Before he could do anything, he was left alone in the living room. Rush footsteps were heard from a certain someone dashing to the front door. As soon as the door opened, he could hear Baekhyun’s loud shriek.

 

“Chanyeollie!”

 

“Baekhyunnie!”

 

Junmyeon smiled. It seemed his friend had found the kid. He found the two kids at the hallway hugging each other with wide grin across their faces.

 

“Baekhyunnie! Baekhyunnie look! It’s Iron Man! It has sound and light. Look at this.” Excited Chanyeol flashed the toy he got at his brother.

 

“I don't want Iron Man.”

 

Chanyeol’s smile dropped at the comment. “Y-you don’t like it?”

 

“NO! N-no. I mean yes. I like it. But I want you more. I want you more than Iron Man. Don’t leave me.” Baekhyun teared up again.

 

Looking at his brother’s devastated face, Chanyeol hugged him. “I never leave you.” He peck a kiss on his little lips and both giggled afterwards.

 

Junmyeon smiled at the sweet scene before he looked up and met with a pair of tired eyes. He chuckled.

 

“Okay kids. Lets get inside. Don’t just stay there.” The kids ran inside followed by a slumped adult. As he walked passed him, Junmyeon got behind him and massaged his shoulder. “Good job. Tired?” He was answered with a grumble as if saying do you really need to ask that? He laughed. “Come on. Lets get inside and rest. What’s that?” Junmyeon pointed at the plastic bag in the latter’s hand.

 

“Chicken. Hungry.” Kris put the chicken that he got from their way home on the table at the living room while Junmyeon got their drinks from the kitchen. The kids were all excited with the sight of chicken. They had a very late dinner that night before heading to bed. All of them could finally had a good night sleep with Chanyeol’s return. Baekhyun immediately trapped the kid with his legs as soon as they got on their bed, caging him so that he could not leave, and Chanyeol was just too happy to let him be, hugging him back tightly.

 

 

A/N: I know Mr. Incredible 2 was released in 2018 but please cut me some slack XDDD

Please comment :(