DAY 5 Missing One

Such an Adventure

June 16th, 2017. 17:24 KST

 

They arrived home late in the evening. The kids piled at the living room. Some were still hanging with sleepiness, some were really sleeping and the others quietly played with the toys. Kris knocked out on the couch after 2 hours drive leaving Junmyeon to handle the things they brought for the camping. Well, it was balanced wasn't it?

 

Chanyeol was quietly playing with the mini cars they had. Swinging the car up and down, rolling it down the floor, and he gradually felt bored. Looking at his brothers, his trusted ally, Jongdae was sleeping with his mouth wide open while his other ally, Baekhyun was blankly staring at the television. Chanyeol did not know whether he was actually watching the cartoon or just.. staring.

 

Pouting. Chanyeol was bored. Really bored. Light bulb lighted out. Suddenly, he stood up and ran upstairs.

 

 

18:15 KST

 

Kris woke up by loud screaming and yelling and crying.  What is going on? Waking up he realized he was alone with only Jongdae at the living room. The kid was still in a deep sleep and stretched out his limbs like a starfish at the middle of the room. Drool nearly escaped from his hanging mouth. Too much excitement when playing in the water did that. Wondering where all the other occupants of the house were, Kris’s train of thought was stopped by another wailing from upstairs. Yawning, he stood up and walked to the source of commotion.

 

And there they were. All other kids were pilling in front of one of their rooms, eager to know what happened in the room but too scared to step in. Recognizing it was actually the triplet and Yixing’s room, Kris curiously walked to them.

 

Baekhyun was standing there wailing and screaming at Chanyeol while the poor kid’s head hanging down, staring at the floor guiltily. What seemed to be a red figurine scattered on the floor, broke into thousand pieces. Baekhyun was still screaming and opted to throw a large piece of the toy at his brother. Whimpering, Chanyeol did not avoid the incoming heavy piece. Heavy tears were flowing down from his doe eyes. There would be a red bum on his head later but he did not dare to move. Stunning by the action, Kris decided to interrupt when he saw Baekhyun lift his hands to hit the poor kid. He pushed the kids aside to step inside the room before stumbled by a sudden force from behind who pushed him away.

 

Junmyeon scopped a furious Baekhyun in his arm before his fist reached Chanyeol’s face. Baekhyun was wailing hard and he was still trying to reach the frighten kid. Junmyeon immediately blocked him. Trying to calm him down, he patted Baekhyun’s back. Junmyeon brought the little kid away from his brother. He sat on their shared bed with Baekhyun in his lap. The little kid’s face was red with snots and tears and from afar, he could see Chanyeol’s too.

 

“Tell me what’s happened?” The adult wiped down the tears staining the little kid’s face. After quite some time, tears and snots did not frighten him anymore. And poops.

 

“H-h-he broke it.” Baekhyun was hiccuping while pointing his finger at the culprit. Startled, guilty was all over his face. “I-it-it was an accident,” he stuttered. Chanyeol lifted his head and looked at the adult.

 

“I told you not to play with it!” Junmyeon flinched by sudden screaming from the kid in his lap. Fresh batch of tears were flowing down his face. Clearly it was something really precious to this little kid. He never saw Baekhyun was this upset. Sensing this would not solve by a simple sorry, Junmyeon took the kid back into his arm. Better made them stay away from each other for a while.

 

“Chanyeol, did you play with Baekhyun’s figurine even when he said not to play with it?”

 

“Y--yes.”

 

“Did you admit it is your fault?”

 

“Y-y-yes.” The kid stuttered again.

 

“Go sit at your corner and lift your hands up. Don’t put them down before I said so.” Junmyeon told the kid. It was a strict discipline that their mom told him before. It was a rule that each of the children knew about. When you did bad thing, you got a punishment. She said he could use it when it was the right time. Junmyeon thought this was exactly the right time. It was the first time he used this since he was taking care of the kids. Wow.

 

Still upset, Baekhyun was crying again on his shoulder.Junmyeon thought to bribe him with his favourite snack before dinner to calm him down. He walked out of the room with the kid in his arm and suddenly was faced with startled faces of kids and one adult, who were still pilling at the door. He forgot they had spectators.

 

“Kids, go wash up with Kris. Then, we had dinner. ” He instructed the children while pushing them out of the room. At the mention of food, the kids ran to their respective bathroom, undressing their tees and shorts along the way.

 

Sighing, Kris crouched down to pick the scattered clothes on the floor. Junmyeon walked down to the kitchen with Baekhyun. That after slapped his friend on the head and scold him for not taking action earlier.

 


 

18:45 KST

 

The sun was setting. It was going darker little by little and it became much darker with the cloudy clouds on the sky. It was going to rain. Maybe a storm was coming by looking at how harsh the wind was. Junmyeon closed all the windows and doors. The howl sounds of the wind was getting harsher. Maybe tonight the kids should sleep earlier, he thought.

 

Most of the kids already in their pajamas but still in their respective bedroom, playing by themselves while waiting for dinner call. It was left with the beagle lines, with still snoring Jongdae at the living room, still upset Baekhyun who still munching his snacks at the kitchen and Chanyeol who still with his punishment. Junmyeon sighed. Baekhyun was still annoyed with his broken figurine and refused to forgive the culprit no matter how many times Junmyeon told him so. He already ran out of ideas and bribe. The snack was almost gone but Baekhyun’s upsetness was still intact tho. Junmyeon was all but  sighed. Maybe he should just let the two kids sleep and maybe tomorrow the issue would resolve by its own.

 

“Kids, let have dinner,” he shouted from downstairs. Loud steps were heard at the mention of food. He knew the fact that food united the kids, heck, food united people. Maybe food could bring two argued brothers back together.

 

All the kids were already at the dining table. Lucky, Junmyeon already finished preparing their dinner and set the table before the argument started. “Kris, get Chanyeol,” he shouted again. Kris was probably busy clearing the bathrooms again after the kids’ mess during their showers.

 

Junmyeon walked into the living room to get Jongdae. Even after all the chaos and noise, how the kid was still in his peaceful sleep was truly amazing. He opted to wake the kid now. It had been so long since he started napping. It would be hard to force him to sleep later. Junmyeon walked to the center only to find the kid already woke up, staring blankly at the ceiling. “Come on Jongdae. Let’s have dinner.” The little kid lifted both his arms up, demanding to be pick up. Sighing, Junmyeon did not argue. He picked the little boy in his arm and walked back to their dining hall.

 

He abruptly stopped on his steps. Why did the front door was opened? Wondering whether he did miss the door earlier, he asked Jongdae if he was the one who opened the door but the kid just shook his head. Erasing all doubts, Junmyeon just closed the door and continued his steps to meet the other kids.

 

Everyone was already at the dining table, ready to gobble down their food, all the kids and a giant kid. “Did you let the front door open, Kris? You can eat now kids” Junmyeon let Jongdae down on his own seat. Meeting his friend’s eyes, Kris shook his head. “I was upstairs with the kids. You said to help them wash and then clear the bathroom,” Kris sat on his seat and grab his dinner. “And why you said to get Chanyeol? He was not there. Isn’t he’s downstairs with you?” he continued.

 

Junmyeon stopped at his friend’s question. “What do you mean he’s downstairs?”

 

“I saw he ran downstairs earlier. I thought you already let him go. Wait, didn’t you?” Kris stared at his friend. On cue, both of them looked at the kids, searching for a familiar figure. Something was weird.




 

Oh my.




 

“Chanyeol ran,” Both adult felt their heart simultaneously dropped at Jongdae statement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rewind 18:26 KST

 

Jongdae stared blankly at the ceiling fan above his head. He was dead tired. Along the time, he did not realized when he was waking up. He just did. It was dark and he was alone. He promised himself to not jump like he was at the evening earlier, ever again. He felt his energy was out when they were in the car. Nope. Not  again. But maybe, he would forget his promise tomorrow. Who knew.

 

He opted to sleep for some more. He closed his eyes before hearing the cracking sound of door being opened. Jongdae shifted his body and met a pair of doe eyes. Staring at each other, Chanyeol stopped his movement with his left hand on the door knob.

 

“Where are you going?” Blinking his sleepy eyes, Jongdae asked the latter but no answer was heard. Chanyeol stepped out from the house and walked out, leaving his brother in confusion. Jongdae continued staring at the door until the later was gone before shifting again. Maybe the latter wanted to get something from outside.

 

Or maybe not. Shrugging, the kid turned his back and continued his peaceful slumber.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: The definition of EXO-L is someone who always trust EXO, always believe in EXO. There is no "i am EXO-L but---"

Okay.finish ranting. Enjoy your reading :D