Joyride

Tears And Wounds In Time

The doctor told Yong Hwa that he could get out of his room while being wheeled by somebody else.

"I know it is boring, most especially that your eyes cannot see just yet," he told the young man.

"Ah, gamsahamnida..." Yong Hwa said.

When the doctor left, Appa told him and Eomma about the driver's arrest. The eomeoni was very grateful and joyful that justice will be served, but Yong Hwa was worried.

"How can we ever repay Lee-seonsaengnim?" he asked his father.

And that was when Appa told them of Lee-seonsaengnim's principle in life. Yong Hwa thought all the while about it as his parents discussed about money matters.

"That would be a good idea," he thought. "But if I pay kindness to Shin Hye, she can reciprocate it because she can... But maybe, just maybe, she wanted to help someone who cannot repay her..."

His head swirled.

"I might find someone whom I can pay my kindness forward," he thought. "But for now, I will repay Shin Hye's kindness over and over and over again, even if I have to pay her love."

The thought made him blush.

"In due time, I might repay her in some other ways," he thought. "I will do some acts of kindness to others who will see me as faceless, but I will never forget what Shin Hye did for me eversince she came into my life. And I will repay her time and again."

*****

That afternoon, Shin Hye came to visit as usual. Min Hyuk and Jung Shin weren't there yet because of classes, and it was Jong Hyun who was caring for Yong Hwa. She brought sweet treats for the boys, and she watched the judo master feed his friend.

"The afternoon is refreshing," Jong Hyun told Yong Hwa while watching outside the window. "Let's go out."

"You can go out already?" Shin Hye asked Yong Hwa.

"Well, the doctor said I can have a wheelchair ride," he told her.

"Ah, joha (good)," Shin Hye smirked. 

The nurse had provided the patient with a wheelchair in his room.

"Could I ever have the strength to support him in my arms?" she thought. "Ah...ani, ani... I won't give up. I am strong. I will be strong...for him."

Jong Hyun wheeled the wheelchair next to Yong Hwa's bed after figuring out how to transport him with ease. He had not talked to Min Hyuk about transporting a patient from bed to wheelchair, and he just used his common sense on how to do it.

"Let me help, Jong Hyun-ah," Shin Hye said.

Jong Hyun looked at her with his burning eyes, but seeing that she was determined, he nodded. She approached Yong Hwa and stood in front of him.

"Ready?" she asked. "Scoot a little bit forward."

He did.

"Oppa, grip my arms," she coaxed him as she held his arms.

He gripped her arm, and he felt her soft skin. It was nice to the touch, and he felt that if gripped hard, he might scratch her beautiful skin. 

"Now, get down on your good leg, then turn a bit to the left side," she instructed.

He did as instructed, and she widened her stance, her other foot to the back so she could have a good balance. He was a bit heavy, being a guy and all, but she did her best to make it right. Jong Hyun saw her grimacing at his friend's weight, but she did not complain at all. He shoved the wheelchair forward, then instructed Yong Hwa to get easy and sit down. Finally, when Yong Hwa sat down, the three of them heaved sighs.

"I am heavy, right?" Yong Hwa told Shin Hye.

"I admit, you are," she said. "But I can manage."

"You're amazing, Shin Hye-ya," Jong Hyun said. "So unlike all the other girls."

"Gomawo," she told Jong Hyun.

The three of them went out of the room, with Jong Hyun wheeling Yong Hwa. 

*****

They stayed in the garden, looking at the beautiful trees and the beautiful leaves rusting with the wind. Birds flew from all over the place, and some butterflies flew from one flower to another. It was wonderful.

Then, Yong heard a buzzing sound.

"A bee! A bee!" he panicked.

Jong Hyun told him that the bee was just a bit far, so he assured him that it was busy gathering some nectar.

"But I am afraid of bees and insects, and you know that," Yong Hwa snapped at his friend.

"Ahahaha, ara," Jong Hyun said with a laugh.

"You're so cute," Shin Hye said, pinching Yong Hwa's chin. "I never knew that a grown man like you could be afraid of little critters."

"He has always been like that since way back when," Jong Hyun shared as he prepared to wheel his friend. "Gaja."

They went to the fountain near a giant mango tree.

"I cannot see, but I feel calm by the sound of the waters," Yong Hwa said.

"That's good, then," Shin Hye said.

"When will they take the dressing off?" Jong Hyun asked. "I don't want you to be blind forever."

"I don't want to be blind, you know," Yong Hwa snapped. "I just don't know when they will take the dressing off. Maybe tomorrow."

Then, a phone rang.

"Oops, that's mine," Shin Hye declared.

She got behind the tree and answered the call. To her dismay, it was her strict manager.

"Oppa, ne?" she replied. 

Silence.

"Ah, andwae! Andwae!" she argued like a little child. "I am not going tonight. I'm busy..."

Silence.

"I'm with Yong Hwa and Jong Hyun...."

Silence.

"Mwo? Aniya! Yong Hwa-oppa-neun nae namjachingu anieyo (Yong Hwa's not my boyfriend)!"

Silence.

"Mwo? Jong Hyun-do nae namjachingu anieyo (Jong Hyun's not my boyfriend either)!"

Silence.

I'll just get home early tonight to rest for my appointments tomorrow. Ne... annyeong..."

She dropped the call and got back to her friends. When she got to them, she noticed Yong Hwa's face getting red like a tomato, and Jong Hyun stared at her in shock. Then, she realized that they had heard her conversation, so Jong Hyun broke the silence first.

"Ah, your elder brother thinks that you are dating either me or Hyung?" he laughed.

He saw her cheeks blushed.

"Ah, that's my strict manager," she explained sheepishly. "He knew about my private advocate, and I told him about Yong Hwa-oppa, about you, Min Hyuk, and Jung Shin."

Jong Hyun smirked.

"So, just because you mentioned us to him, he thought you were dating any of us?" he asked. "Or you must have mentioned us a lot of times for him to even wonder."

"Aniya," Shin Hye pouted at him cutely. "I mentioned all of you to my manager, but I had only done it twice. I told him not to get into my affairs when it comes to my private advocacy."

"Your manager is just concerned of your image," Yong Hwa said to her.

"I know," she said sadly. "But he shouldn't bother if I decide to help someone."

Jong Hyun looked at Shin Hye pouting cutely. 

"He wanted me to come home to play poker with the other celebrities and their managers," she shared. "I don't like..."

Yong Hwa lit up a shy smile.

"Coz I know that you'd rather be in some place where you can make yourself useful," he said.

Shin Hye felt her cheeks warming up.

"Ah...ne...."

Jong Hyun rolled his eyeballs in delight, realizing just how cute the two got. Then, a phone rang.

"Oops, that's mine," Jong Hyun said.

He got farther from them so that they could not hear his conversation. Shin Hye got behind Yong Hwa and shared to him the beauty of the surrounding.

"Just imagine this," she said as she described, and he smiled as she spoke.

"I can imagine the water turning into gold," Yong Hwa said. "And beautiful music emerging from the water."

"Oh my, I didn't know you have such an imagination!" Shin Hye said. 

"When you can't see things, you just imagine them," he said.

"Well, I think it is nice to try it once in a while," she said. "Guided imagery..."

And he felt a soft sensation on his hair which lasted for a second or two.

"What was that?" he asked.

"A butterfly," she replied.

"Butterfly?" he echoed. "It felt like a kiss to me."

Shin Hye let out a secret smile, for indeed, it was a kiss. She kissed his hair.

"You like it?" she asked. "The butterfly is truly pretty."

"I told you it's not a butterfly, it was a kiss," he insisted.

"All right, it was a kiss," she admitted with a smile.

Yong Hwa felt his cheeks warming up.

"Was it you?" he asked.

"Ne," she said playfully. 

"J...johahae (I like it)," he replied.

"Just imagine that my lips had turned into a butterfly and had landed on your hair for a bit," she said.

"I...I cannot imagine your lips that way," he confessed. "To me, your lips are just your lips to me."

Shin Hye bit her lips demurely.

"How romantic," she said.

He grasped for the air behind him, wanting to hold her hand. She gave her hand willingly for him to hold.

Yong Hwa's POV

I have a secret wish. And that is for you to be the first person I see the moment the doctor will tell me to open my eyes. And also, when my face will no longer be disfigured, I want my butterfly lips to plant a kiss on your rosy lips...."

Shin Hye's POV

No matter what my manager says, I will continue serving you, my Prince. You are the one who made me found meaning in life. I will be your slave, your soldier, your protector, your security blanket, your shoulder to cry on, your diary, your friend, your Princess...

And I will go on....

I will go on...

...with you.

And I will stay...

I will stay...

....with you....

 

End of POVs