Like Love Letters

Tears And Wounds In Time

Inside the room...

Yong Hwa finished a painting of a butterfly resting on a pink rose. After signing his name, he placed the painting in a strategic location beside the window.

"There, the lighting should be good," he thought with total sureness.

He set up his smartphone and recorded a video of himself.

"Jagiya, annyeong?" he greeted. "I know it is kinda sunset already, but I just wanna make you smile."

He brought the phone to the window so that a beautiful view of the sunset could be seen. Then, bringing back the phone to himself, he spoke again.

"I have a surprise for you," he said. "I painted another masterpiece, and I hope you like it."

He brought the phone in front of the painting so that it would be recorded.

"Remember what they say about me hating bugs?" he said. "I still do, but I only like butterflies because they are beautiful and dainty, just like my princess."

He laughed at his choice of words.

"Mianhae," he said as he brought back the phone in front of him. "I cannot call you because you might be busy, and I know a text message is not enough, so I decided to record a video so you can see my face."

He joked as he wheeled to the mirror, still holding the phone so that the camera was following him.

"Omo, your namjachingu is not a pretty boy anymore," he sighed. "I am afraid I will have a scar on my face."

Then he smiled back for the video.

"But no matter what happens, you'll still love me, right?" he asked cutely, showing off his adorable side tooth.

Silence.

"Ya, respond, Jagiya," he pouted. 

Then he smiled again.

"Well, I hope I made your day. If I can, I will send you mini-videos to cheer you up," he said. "I know your celebrity life is glamorous but tiring, and you might be too busy to visit me. I just want to share some simple happiness with you."

He bit his lips coyly, feeling his cheeks warming over his last statement.

"Jung Shin said he will throw me some kind of 'I can fully walk again unassisted' party one day," Yong Hwa said. "And I will give you all my paintings when that day comes. I will be painting only for you."

He showed up his most charming smile (the charming Shin Woo-hyung smile).

"Saranghae," he said in semi aegyo.

After that, he saved his recording. 

"Well, I know it is kinda short," he thought to himself. 

He took a look at the painting as he realized something. He had not kissed his girlfriend yet, and someday, he wanted his butterfly lips to land on her rosy lips.

"Someday..." he thought as he send the video directly to Shin Hye's number.

******

"Ah, ne, gamsahamnida," Shin Hye said to the host of a talk show of which she was guest.

Manager Oppa was watching from the back stage when he felt her phone vibrating. When he got her phone, he saw a video message from Yong Hwa, and he tried to delete it. But to no avail, because Shin Hye locked her phone, and only she knew the password.

"Aish!!!!" he ed in exasperation.

****

After the talk show, Shin Hye hurried to the car for another engagement, this time, with a producer for a 2PM music video. Oppa grudgingly handed her the phone and tried to sneak to know her password.

"Mwo hae (what are you doing)?" she asked him.

"Ah, nothing," Oppa lied.

Shin Hye got inside the car and sat behind the driver's seat so that Oppa will not know her password. When she saw Yong Hwa's message, she saw that the message was actually a video message.

"What is he trying to do?" she asked, very curious.

She got her earphones so that only she could hear what Yong Hwa was trying to say to her. And when she watched the video, she did her best to hide her smile behind the hanky so that Oppa would not see her smile.

"Oh, this boy's so cute," she thought, her heart feeling so mushy.

The guy in the video was really adorable, and she fell in love all over again with his smile. Even his attempt to do aegyo was really adorable, and she loved the painting so much. It was really not boring to watch his cute video, and she loved how he attempted to break the distance between them. She felt guilty not even trying her best to visit him in his house. Anyway, she could just call up any of the other three guys for help.

"Gomawo," she thought. "This vid really made my day. I know I can make it through the whole day."

She sent a text reply to him, stating how grateful she was for the message, and she really appreciated his efforts. 

"Jeongmallo saranghae ♥," was the last part of the message.

 

♥♥♥♥