Stargazer

Tears And Wounds In Time

The image of Min Hyuk was on screen.

"Noona, sorry if we have to place it in a DVD, it's kinda long..." Min Hyuk said over the camera. "I am just happy to be able to see Hyung tell story for the neighborhood kids, because I was one of those kids who used to listen to Hyung when we were young. You see, Hyung is very happy and at peace even if he found it hard to walk. He is happy, and it is also because of you. If it had not been for you, Hyung would be very depressed."

"Min Hyuk-ah, shall we start?" Yong Hwa said from the background.

Shin Hye watched as Min Hyuk shifted the video camera to capture Yong Hwa's moments with the children. He really looked adorable with the kids, he must have been a librarian in his past life. Even his stories were more than enough to mesmerize her. His rendition of the Volsung saga was very interesting and haunting at the same time. It the whole world, and Shin Hye felt that all there was to it was just she, the vast darkness of nothingness, and Yong Hwa.

"He...he is amazing...." she said  breathlessly.

Manager Eonni saw her watching the vid, so she sat down beside Shin Hye and offered a bowl of popcorn.

"Want some?" the manager offered sweetly.

"Ah, gamsahamnida," Shin Hye said as she grabbed a piece or two.

Even Manager Eonni was mesmerized by the way Yong Hwa told his stories.

"He is amazing," Eonni said. "I feel that I am floating in space with only me, the darkness, and his voice."

"You feel that too?" Shin Hye asked, and Eonni nodded.

Just then, Shin Hye's phone rang, so she picked it up.

"Yeoboseyo?" she answered. "What is it, Jagiya?"

Yong Hwa said that he and the boys were outside the door, and so, she shot Eonni a look of panic.

"What is it?" the manager whispered, and Shin Hye hastily told her in a whisper too.

"Eotteohke?" Shin Hye asked.

Getting back to the phone, she talked to Yong Hwa while getting to the door. When she opened the door, she saw him on his wheelchair, and he was holding a single red rose in full bloom. The other three guys gave her dark chocolates. 

"Omo...." she started, but halted her speech. Speechless.

"Oh, what is that?" Eonni asked as she approached the door.

The manager saw the four guys handing out their gifts for her talent, so she jabbed Shin Hye.

"Take the gifts!" she whispered.

"Ah, ne..." Shin Hye said.

She received the gifts that they brought for her, and she thanked them for their sweet and kind acts.

"Ah, we're only backups," Jong Hyun said with a wink. "Hyung is the star here."

Shin Hye laughed at Jong Hyun's attempt of being corny.

"Please come in," she said to them.

Min Hyuk wheeled Yong Hwa in, and the Lee brothers followed. The dorm was by now, very peaceful and homey because there was no more nosy Manager Oppa to haunt and scold Shin Hye. Eonni realized that Jong Hyun was bringing along a guitar.

"What for?" she asked.

"Ah, Hyung has a surprise for Noona," he told the manager.

Manager Eonni smirked.

"It is really fortunate that Shin Hye is not busy today," she said. 

Then, Eonni announced that they will eat dinner.

*******

After dinner, Shin Hye helped the manager do the kitchen aftercare. 

"I hear the sound of tambourines," Eonni whispered to Shin Hye. "Do you think Yong Hwa will serenade you?"

Shin Hye felt her cheeks burning and shrugged her shoulder.

"There's only one thing to find out," Eonni said with a wink.

*******

The guys gathered in the balcony because it was a warm night. The two ladies came out from the kitchen. Shin Hye sat in front of Yong Hwa, while Manager Eonni sat beside Min Hyuk.

"Jagiya, I will sing a song for you," Yong Hwa started.

Eonni fisted her hands and giggled like a teenage girl. She teased Shin Hye and told her that she was right.

"Ehem, we will not let you delay, so you can start now," Eonni graciously said.

Yong Hwa strummed the guitar as he looked at Shin Hye and winked at her. The other guys howled, and Min Hyuk started to play along with his tambourine. Yong Hwa began singing the song "Stargazer."

As Yong Hwa started to sing, Shin Hye bit her lips as she flirted with him a bit and flipped her hair. The Lee brothers began staring at the stars, thinking how perfect the song could be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCklL6b1aaw

 Take me to that one perfect night

My arms around your waist

Stargazing dreaming on and on

Hope against all hope

Should I stay if you should go, woah

 

Feelings overflow

Broken, we still fly

Time heals most our wounds

Hope sings as

 

I'm Taken to that one perfect night

My arms around your waist

Stargazing dreaming on and on

Hope against all hope

Should I stay if you should go, woah

 

Was it epic for you at all?

Or just memory, a moment

Nothing more?

 

[Ad-Lib]

 

Feelings overflow

Broken, we still fly

Time heals most our wounds

Hope sings for me but

Was it epic for you at all?

Or just memory, a moment

Nothing at all?

Stargazing dreaming on and on

Take me to that one [3x]

Hope against all hope

 

Min Hyuk shook the tambourine dramatically as Yong Hwa strummed his guitar until the song ended. Shin Hye bit her lips and nodded her head.

"It's beautiful," she commented.

"It's my pleasure to serenade my princess," he replied.

"Ah, but you see, you should have been at home, having complete bed rest," Shin Hye told Yong Hwa.

"Ah, noona, but a guy in love will do anything to be with his ladylove," Min Hyuk said with a wink.

"That's right," Jung Shin said, while his hyung nodded in agreement.

"Ah, I see how your friends are really supportive," Manager Eonni said to Yong Hwa. "And to show that support, the three of you, plus me, will have to get inside the house to give time for our lovers."

Jong Hyun thought it was a good idea, so he nodded and told Yong Hwa to take care of Shin Hye.

"Hyung, we will just be inside, all right?" he said.

"Ah, ne..."

The lovers watched as Eonni and the three guys got inside the house. And when the others were gone, Yong Hwa held out his hand for her to take.

"Let me have your hand," he said.

Shin Hye gave out her hand for him, and he held her hand close to his lips for a kiss. Now, that is a real prince kissing a princess' hand!

"Take me to that one perfect night," Shin Hye said to him.

"I just did," he whispered.

Shin Hye bit her lips, her cheeks heating up as if a Bunsen burner. 

"How could I not love you?" she said to him. "You always make me mushy inside."

Silence filled in his presence, and she looked at him curiously.

"Why are you being silent?" she asked.

He heaved a sigh as he held her hand and squeezed it gently.

"I hope you will still love me even if I will no longer make you mushy inside," he wished.

She was caught off guard with his statement. So, being mushy was only in the initial stage of that sweet emotion?

"Seems like it," Yong Hwa said. 

She held his face and caressed his cheek with her thumb.

"Don't say that," she whispered. "I will still love you even if you will not make me giddy anymore. Geun Suk-ssi never made me feel this way. He never made me giddy, he never made me feel that he is precious to me. As if, I was feeling that I was his girlfriend just for show. With you, I feel I am hanging out with someone who is more than just a bestfriend. I feel that I had found a soulmate. Even if you will not make me feel giddy, I will still love you. You are everything to me and so much more."

"I am glad I made you feel that way," he said in relief.

Tears started falling down their eyes as Shin Hye hugged him.

"I am the person that everybody loves, everybody idolizes," she sobbed. "And with my star status, I was everything for everyone, and they wanted me to be everything they want me to be. I had been thinking that I am not allowed to fall in love at all. But when I met you, I realized that I have to listen to my heart and choose to fall in love with you..."

Yong Hwa her back and pulled her closer for a hug. He also inched closer but not to the point of falling off his wheelchair. Indeed, they were everything to each other, they changed each other's lives, and they chose to fall in love with each other....

 

Take me to that one perfect night... ♫