First Kiss

Tears And Wounds In Time

Everyday until the last day that Jong Hyun 2nd was with them, Jung Shin and Yong Hwa were planning about the "I Can Walk Already" party.

"I want to present all the paintings I have for Shin Hye," he said to the model. "I will give all those as my gift."

"Wow, some kind of a Romeo you are," Jung Shin .

"I want to have some kind of, uh... you know," Yong Hwa said, trailing his statement off. He did not quite know how to express his idea.

"Hyung, spit it out," Jong Hyun (the first) said.

Yong Hwa explained his plan to the Lee brothers, who gave him insights on their own. Only Min Hyuk was silent as he observed the progress of his hyung. Later, he could not help but speak.

"Hyung, I understand that your leg had atrophied, and that you are walking with a limp," Min Hyuk said to Yong Hwa. "Just take it slow, and don't rush."

"I know," Yong Hwa said to Min Hyuk. "But, can I already run?"

"Not yet, Hyung," Min Hyuk said. "Just take your time practicing your gait. Do not rush into running. You might stumble."

Min Hyuk had a point.

"I think I am just excited," Yong Hwa said.

"It shows," Jong Hyun smirked.

"Even your face looks handsome now," Jung Shin said. "At least, your wounds did not leave ugly scars."

"Geurae. I need to be handsome for my girlfriend," Yong Hwa said, while sending some laughter among his peers. "Why are you laughing?"

"Ah, we thought that you might be dreaming of becoming Manager Noona's talent too," Min Hyuk .

"Of course not!" Yong Hwa snapped.

*****

Saturday morning.

Jong Hyun went to the gym to exercise with Min Hyuk.

"How was it?" Jong Hyun asked.

"It's good, Hyung," Min Hyuk said.

As to what Jong Hyun asked about, it would be a secret.

"I would have to help Hyung in taking out the paintings," Jong Hyun said.

"Me too," Min Hyuk sighed happily. "I wonder how Shin Hye-noona would react."

"I'm sure she'll really be in cloud nine," Jong Hyun replied as he stretched his legs.

"I could only imagine," Min Hyuk smirked like a cat.

****

Meanwhile, another Saturday model workshop was conducted, and Jung Shin joined as usual. It was his chance to get better, and, at the same time, to be fancied by girls. After all the love affairs in the past, he thought he would find it a chore to kiss another girl. But no, he was thinking that he was falling for this girl and that girl.

But that was not his only reason for joining the workshop. It was said that Shin Hye was one of the moderators again, and he found it an excellent time to tell her about the party that he was throwing for Yong Hwa in details (well, not ALL details). She knew about the party, but as to the venue, she had no idea.

Lunch time.

He ran to Shin Hye and handed her a pink envelop.

"What is this?" she asked curiously as she received the envelop with both hands.

"You remember Yong Hwa-hyung's party, right?" Jung Shin asked.

"Ah, ne," Shin Hye said. "But he never told me where the venue will be."

She opened the envelop carefully to avoid tearing the precious paper, and she got the glossy card found inside.

"Yeppeoyo," she gasped. "Yong Hwa did this?"

Jung Shin shook his head.

"Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun-hyung made the invites," he said. "They spent one hundred days creating the invites, because they needed to draw the design for a hundred guests."

But of course, it was an exaggeration, and Shin Hye laughed heartily at Jung Shin's joke.

"Oh, I think I will be able to meet a hundred fans tonight, then," she said while reading the invite.

"Ne, including me, Min Hyuk, and Jong Hyun-hyung," he told her. "Only Jong Hyun-hyung the second won't be here coz he went to Japan already."

"Ah? Oh, too bad," Shin Hye pouted.

"By the way, where are you going after the workshop?" Jung Shin asked.

"I think I am going home to prepare," Shin Hye said. "Wae?"

The male model lit up a smile.

"Just asking," he said with a wink.

"Gomawo," she remarked to him.

"Ah, cheonmaneyo, Noona," he said with a princely bow. "After all, from the bottom of my heart, in behalf of Jong Hyun-hyung and Min Hyuk, I want to thank you for being there for Yong Hwa-hyung, despite the busy schedules and the scandals sorrounding the celebrity world."

"Corny," she . "Oh, cheonman."

Both of them smiled as they exchanged high-fives.

*****

That evening, Shin Hye and Eonni were beautifying themselves when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Manager Eonni said to Shin Hye as she exited hastily out of the actress' room.

She was curious as to who the visitor was, so she got out of her room. To her surprise, it was Jung Shin. They greeted each other when the manager let the model in the living room.

"Shin Hye-ya, I'll lock all the doors first, hm?" Manager Eonni said.

Shin Hye nodded as she watched the manager got herself busy. Then, she turned her attention to the guest.

"Jung Shin-ah, what brought you here?" she asked. "I thought you are going to the party."

The model nodded.

"I'm going there, but Manager Noona and I have something to buy," the model explained.

Manager Eonni came to them after performing security checks inside the house.

"Jung Shin-ah, let's go," she said to the model with a smile.

"Eonni, what about me?" Shin Hye protested.

"Annyeong," a male voice greeted.

The three of them turned to see Yong Hwa getting in the door.

"I let Hyung come with me," the model said with a wink. "I think it might be lame to say, but both of you need to come with me and Noona for some unnecessary shopping."

Manager Eonni smirked, and Yong Hwa hid his best to suppress his laugh.

"What do you mean by that?" Shin Hye demanded to the model.

"It means, Hyung cannot drive yet, so while I am the driver, both of you will have to endure my activity for quite a bit," Jung Shin said.

Yong Hwa stepped forward and held out his hand for her to hold. Shin Hye saw some sparks on his eyes like they were diamonds, tempting and beautiful to the sight.

"Will my princess accept my invitation to be my date for tonight?" Yong Hwa asked.

Eonni gasped (just like the stars in dramas), and Shin Hye stared at him, unable to register the words in her thoughts.

"Shin Hye?" Yong Hwa asked her again.

And she snapped out of lala land.

"Ah, ye... ye!" she exclaimed as she held his hand.

His grip was strong but gentle, and he held her close to him as gently as possible. Jung Shin and Manager Eonni could not help but smirk at the cuteness that both of the took out their hankies in unison.

"Noona, do you know the first aid for nosebleeds?" the model whispered.

"I don't know," Manager Eonni whispered back. "If this cute couple will give us nosebleeds, it will not let us die of severe blood loss."

"I agree."

****

Anyway, Jung Shin drove to the convenient store where he bought some extra food for the party, and since he was a guy who cared for time, he was able to buy the things he needed in ten minutes.

"Are you sure you are buying?" Manager Eonni asked him. "Or are you shoplifting?"

"Ah Noona~~!" Jung Shin pouted, aegyo style. "If I shoplift, that will be the end of my modeling career!"

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye did not mind the argument of the two because the two of them were having some sweet moments at the back seat. Shin Hye leaned on his shoulder while he enjoyed the feel of her hair on his cheeks. She felt so warm, cozy, fuzzy, and weak with the warmth that his body was releasing despite that fact that she was his princess in shining armor. He felt that it was his duty to be her white knight now that he could walk. He loved the feel of her soft hand entwined with his, and he thought that her hand was a perfect fit. It was as if she was made only for him, and that her hand was for him alone.

He had never felt like this with his ex-girlfriend.

And she had not felt like this with Geun Suk either...

Shin Hye looked up to him and gave him a smile while she pinched his cheek. He was speechless as he stared at her glossy lips. He wondered if her lips were a perfect fit as well, and he wondered if her lips tasted as good as the fruity smell of her lipstick.

"I... I have fallen for her..." he thought, his mind a mess. "I am in love with my own girlfriend..."

*****

The car came to a stop in front of Min Hyuk's house, and the occupants got out. Min Hyuk, who was at the gate, hastily opened the gate and let the visitors in.

"Mianhae, our house is kinda small, Noona," Min Hyuk said to Shin Hye and Manager Eonni.

"It doesn't matter," Shin Hye said as she waved her hand.

The cute boy accompanied all of the four inside the living room, where Jong Hyun and the visitors were. The people in the living room popped out their confetti, and the main celebrant was ushered in by the model. Yong Hwa was astonished to see his parents among the visitors.

"Eomma, Appa!"

The parents hugged their son.

"Yong Hwa!" a deep voice called out.

When he turned around, he saw Lee-seonsaengnim with his parents. Even his doctors (his ortho doctor and the doctor who performed debridement) were there as well. The three of them congratulated Yong Hwa and asked how he had been. The young man shyly and politely answered all their questions. 

Later, the three guys' efforts were not in vain when the celebration and the meal started. It was a happy night for all of them, and most especially for Yong Hwa. 

If it had not been for his parents's support, he'd be depressed.

If it had not been for his friends, he'd be depressed.

If it had not been for Lee-seonsaengnim and the doctors, he'd have been dead.

If it had not been for Shin Hye, he'd not have the inspiration to paint, to dream, to love, to live, to survive, to fight...

"Chukhahae!" the elders greeted Yong Hwa again.

"Gamsahamnida," he replied.

The doctors, the hospital owner, and Yong Hwa's parents had to leave early for the night. Min Hyuk and Jung Shin helped the former's parents in cleaning up the kitchen and doing aftercare.

"Are we going now, Shin Hye?" Eonni asked as she yawned.

"Ah, not yet," Jong Hyun interferred. "Yong Hwa-hyung still have some gifts for Shin Hye."

"Gifts?" Shin Hye asked.

"Give those already," Manager Eonni protested. "I still want to catch some sleep early."

"Not until Jung Shin and Min Hyuk are here," Yong Hwa smirked.

Shin Hye wondered, but she waited.

*****

Min Hyuk's parents settled to bed early, and so, the four guys and the two ladies went to the basement.

"What is in the basement?" Eonni asked.

Min Hyuk guarded the way so that the surprise would not be spolied. The Lee brothers lit up the basement room, and Yong received signal from them to let Shin Hye in. He smiled as he got near her and held out his hand again.

"Please come with me," he said.

She got too curious as to what this whole surprise was all about, so she took his hand and went with him inside. Min Hyuk and Eonni followed them.

When they got inside, they saw the two brothers holding the ropes to some curtains.

"What is this? Some art exhibit?" Eonni asked.

The two brothers pulled the curtain of the large window to reveal the twenty-five paintings that Yong Hwa did for her. She recognized the butterfly on the rose, the dove perched on a window on a bright sunny day, the maple tree on an autumn day, among many others.

Eonni was right. It was an exhibit. Shin Hye did not know that the day would come when she would get to see all the paintings for real.

"Wow!" she breathlessly said as she went to the paintings and touched them for the first time.

"I'm giving it to you," Yong Hwa revealed.

She turned around in shock. "You are?"

He only nodded as he went to her.

"I never knew that I'd see you in person. I never knew that my friend would be our link to each other. I never knew that your handkerchief would bring you back to me," he confessed. "And in my time of despair and struggle, you were my inspiration to paint all these beautiful dreams that you see right in front of you."

She looked at him in the eyes, then back at the paintings. If these paintings were beautiful, then it means that he had been dreaming of beautiful things.

"Wow, Yong Hwa-oppa, gomawo..." she whispered.

She was happy to receive his labors of love, and she gave him one power hug.

"Whohooo!!!!" the three guys cheered as Manager Eonni clapped her hands.

"Let's all dance and have fun!" Jong Hyun announced as he grabbed the guitar sitting on Min Hyuk's makeshift bed.

The judo master strummed his guitar, while the goddess model sang. Min Hyuk grabbed Manager Eonni by her hand and danced with her. Yong Hwa grabbed his girlfriend softly by the hand as he had his first dance with her. She found it amazing that, despite learning how to walk (though still with a limp) in just a week, he could already dance. Since the song was romantic, their dance was romantic too. 

Yong Hwa hugged his girlfriend as they dance, and he realized how good her scent was. Her perfume had the hint of rose, and he suddenly remembered his other plan.

 

 

Maybe it's intuition

Somethings you just don't question

Like in your eyes,

I see my future in an instant

And there it goes,

I think I've found my best friend

 

I know that it might sound

More than a little crazy

But I believe

 

I knew I loved you before I met you

I think I dreamed you into life

I knew I loved you before I met you

I have been waiting all my life

 

There's just no rhyme or reason

Only a sense of completion

And in your eyes,

I see the missing pieces

I'm searching for,

I think I've found my way home

 

I know that it might sound

More than a little crazy

But I believe

 

I knew I loved you before I met you

I think I dreamed you into life

I knew I loved you before I met you

I have been waiting all my life    

 

Ooh hoo ooo, hoo hoo ooo ohh

A thousand angels dance around you

(Ooh hoo, hoo ooo hoo ooo hoo hoo hoo)

I am complete now that I have found you

 

I knew I loved you before I met you

I think I dreamed you into life

I knew I loved you before I met you

I have been waiting all my life

 

I knew I loved you before I met you

I think I dreamed you into life

I knew I loved you before I met you

I have been waiting all my life

I knew I loved you before I met you,

I knew I loved you

(Ooh hoo ooo, hoo hoo ooo)

I knew I loved you before I met you,

I knew I loved you

(Ooh hoo ooo, hoo hoo hoo)

I knew I loved you before I met you

(Oh oh, ohh ohh, oh oh oh ay ay yea oh)

I knew I loved you before I met you,

I knew I loved you

I knew I loved you before I....

 

"By now, my lips have emerged from its old shell, and has transformed into a handsome butterfly," he thought. "I think this is the right time to let it land on her rosy lips."

He buried his face on her hair, and she smiled when she felt his nose on her hair. It was ticklish. Later, she broke from his hug and looked at him in the eyes. The voice of the model and the gentle strumming of the judo master made them feel the romantic moment, and they even forgot about the other two bodies dancing behind them.

"You are sweating again," Shin Hye commented.

"Ah, eh... I think the basement is a bit stuffy," he replied.

She smiled, remembering that those were the same words she said to him months ago. As they continued dancing, he snatched something from his pocket and handed it to her. It was the Hanky.

"It really comes at the right time, does it not?" she told him as she received the hanky.

He smiled as she started to wipe his sweaty brows. As the hanky reached his nose, she noted the design on the hanky: the yellow star and the blue aster. 

Then, her gaze shifted to one of the paintings. One of the paintings was a still life of pink roses on a white marble vase, and asters were placed at random along with the main flowers. Long and thin bamboo sticks were placed as accents inside the vase, while shimmering and glittering yellow stars and pink-and-blue iridescent butterfly figures hung from the bamboos. 

She smiled as she got her gaze at him again.

"The painting reminds me of you and me," she said. "Were your dreams about us?"

He nodded.

"You see, all the paintings about us were painted according to my mood," he said. "The autumn reminds me of the beautiful you...the warmth of the sun reminds me of your smile, the white dove reminds me of your sweet innocence..."

"The star is me, the blue aster is you," she finished for him. "But what about the butterfly and the roses?"

He smiled as he brushed her soft hair with his fingers. Soon, her cheeks warmed up and her blood vessels could no longer contain the blood pooling up... she had turned so red... red with blushing.

"Saranghae," Yong Hwa confessed.

"Saranghae," Shin Hye replied back.

He slowly leaned forward to her, slowly, slowly, as she gently closed her eyes to feel the other surprise he was about to give her. And then...

...his lips gently touched her lips. 

She felt his soft lips caressing hers...it just felt so right. She had kissed a lot of guys with passion, starting with Se7en, and she had kissed Geun Suk a lot of times (in CFs, dramas, and in secret), but none of those felt as sweet, and as promising as that one kiss which Yong Hwa gave her.

She could feel the love overflowing from his heart, and she could not match it...

However, all she could do was to gather it from the cup of her heart and drink all the love he gave her.

She really loved him. She really did.

She wondered why Yong Hwa never kissed her before...

Yet, it was when she realized that he was planning for this big day when he could walk, and it was this day that he was planning to give all of his heart to her.

For him, this was his first kiss--ever. He had put all his heart and soul into this kiss just as he had wanted to, and for him, this kiss was a symbol and promise of love. A kiss on the lips was an oath between lovers, if I were to quote Chigusa-san in Shana. It meant many things to him, many things from her, that was why the kiss was so special and heartfelt.

He really loved her. He really did.

That is why he was pouring his entire heart in this single and first kiss. 

He never imagined how his kiss would turn out to be like...

...But she liked it because she kissed him back, as gently and as softly as possible.

He thought that a star like her would never single out a single aster like him.

And she thought that it was forever outlawed for a star to fall in love.

But now, the prince had a chance to kiss his princess, who was his damsel in shining armor, his shield, his pillow, his everything. And now, the princess had a chance to kiss her prince, who was her sanity, her home at the end of the day, her inspiration, her comforter, her everything...

After that wonderful kiss, they looked at each other with misty eyes, but she was still unable to decipher what the butterfly and the rose were about in his painting.

"I know you had kissed a lot of guys, but honestly, this is my first kiss," he told her.

Her cheeks burned, astonished at his revelation.

"Geuraeyo? But you kissed so well... and... I could feel all your heart in that single kiss," she said.

He smiled as he held her chin.

"My lips were covered in a cocoon, waiting for the right time," he said. "Now, it had come out into a butterfly, and it had finally arrived at the right time. And it had landed on your soft rosy lips."

He smiled as he observed her burning cheeks.

"Now, do you understand?" he asked her.

"I do," she said with a nod.

The other people in the room howled with delight. Jong Hyun strummed again as Jung Shin sang to FT Island's "First Kiss."

Indeed, his first kiss was the best, and the kiss she had from him was one filled with a heart and a promise.

 

I think it'll be sweet like candy

Somehow I think I'll even smell acacia

I worry that I'll get addicted to that smell

But the thing that worries me the most,

no one would believe

but I've never kissed anyone before

 

I'll promise,

Forever I'll kiss only you