Distant Love Songs

Tears And Wounds In Time

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye sent sweet video messages to each other (though not through social networking sites) almost everyday. Since she was busy, she had not visited him.

"I am practicing walking with my crutches on this beautiful Saturday morning," Yong Hwa said in one message.

It was a Saturday, but Shin Hye was still buried in work. As she waited for her turn for some photo shoots, she was watching a video that he had recorded with Min Hyuk.

"Shin Hye-noona, annyeong?" Min Hyuk shouted as he looked at the camera. "Hyung is getting a bit better, and this afternoon, he will have a story-telling session with the neighborhood kids."

She lit up a smile, for he had been getting back to his sociable ways.

"Ya, I am going to the hospital this coming Monday," Yong Hwa said. "My doc said I need to have some therapy every week...or rather, evaluation."

Tears shed as she caressed his image on her phone.

"Bogo shipeo (I miss you)...." she said to his image.

"Shin Hye-ssi?" a stylist asked.

Her makeup had smudged, and the makeup artist had to do some touchup...

******

"I will record some video of you while you are having some story-telling sessions," Min Hyuk said to Yong Hwa. "And we will have Jung Shin send it to Shin Hye-noona."

"Good idea," Yong Hwa said.

"Oh, by the way, Jung Shin said that his friend invited him tonight to chill at Sunset Cocktail," Min Hyuk said. "I think we can go there too."

"Mm.." Yong Hwa said in agreement.

"Hyung, what story will you tell us?" Little Joon asked.

Yong Hwa smiled as he had the children sit by his feet. He was not much of a storyteller, but the kids loved him so much that they listened to his stories. His were not about fairies or mermaids. Those were too much girly. His were more on Peter Pans and pirates and Vikings and Korean folklore. Min Hyuk grinned from ear to ear as he listened to his Hyung. Listening to Yong Hwa made him a kid at heart again.

"Shin Hye-noona will surely smile at this," Min Hyuk smiled at himself. "Ah~~~ Hyung is just cute... he and Noona are the perfect match ♥."

*****

That night, the four of them went to Sunset Cocktail, a restobar where Jung Shin's model friend hangs out every weekend.  It was Jong Hyun who wheeled the wheelchair for Yong Hwa. The model met them, and he welcomed them.

"Ya, Jung Shin-ah, you had mentioned to me once that you and the guys were in a band in high school?" the model asked.

"Ah, ne, though I don't know if my techniques were still as good as before," Jung Shin replied humbly.

"You guys, do you wanna perform tonight?" the model asked.

Jong Hyun and the guys looked at each other.

"Jeo~~ it would not hurt to try," Jong Hyun said.

"Cool!" the model said. "I'll tell the manager to have the four of you play for us tonight."

"All right," Yong Hwa said.

"But, Hyungnim," the model said to Yong Hwa. "Can you play while sitting down?"

"Ah, ne, I can," Yong Hwa answered.

The model escorted the four to the manager, who allowed them to play for tonight.

******

The people were eating while lazily watching the band assemble their things. But the stage was still a bit dim, so they did not mind the band and continued enjoying the ambiance, the food, and the rock music heard from the sound system.

******

A tweet from Lee Hong Ki:

Ah~~~Nice food, nice ambiance. I love Sunset Cocktail. 

Many fans and other stars replied to his tweet.

*****

The lights were , and the people began to notice the band playing some rock songs. Yong Hwa was on the rhythm guitar and vocals, Jong Hyun on lead guitar and vocals, Jung Shin on the bass, and Min Hyuk on the drums.

"Waa~~~ they are jjang!"

"Isn't that Lee Jung Shin, the model?" one girl asked her friend. "He also plays the bass?"

"Cool! Awww~~~ I'm falling for Jong Hyun-oppa...."

"Min Hyuk can also play the drums?" one guy asked his girlfriend. "Wow, he is good not only in the clinical area, he is good with music too!"

"Ne, I agree, Jagiya," the girl said. "Sometimes, he sings to his patients."

"Lee Jung Shin????" one girl freaked out. "That's my ex-boyfriend!"

"Jong Hyun-oppa...." one girl sighed. "Why art thou so bonny?"

"Yong Hwa-oppa.... I miss his voice..." one girl crooned.

"He looked like the Crutches Boy that was linked with Park Shin Hye," one girl gossiped to a friend.

"Geurae?" the girl replied as she examined Yong Hwa. "Hmm... you are right!"

Hong Ki smiled from ear to ear as he listened to the band.

"Ahhh...they are so good!" he thought as he a Jolie scarf, a scarf looking like a dog, hanging around his neck.

After the song, the crowd went wild with cheers.

"Next song, I dedicate this to my Jagiya," Yong Hwa said over the mike. "Jagiya, I miss you so much. This is for you."

"Jagiya?" Hong Ki thought. "Oh, oh, I should record this."

And so, Hong Ki got a picture of the band and recorded a video of them playing that song for Yong Hwa's girlfriend. Yong Hwa, meanwhile, was thinking of Shin Hye the whole time when he sang, and he felt his chest tightening at the distance. He really missed her that much. And for that, the band did a cover of 3 Doors Down's song, "Here Without You."

 

 

A hundred days have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lies have made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same
But all the miles that separate
Disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face
 
I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
 
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me, yeah
 
The miles just keep rollin'
As the people leave their way to say hello
I've heard this life is overrated
But I hope that it gets better as we go, oh yeah yeah
 
I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
 
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it's only you and me
 
Everything I know and anywhere I go
It gets hard but it won't take away my love
And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done
It gets hard but it won't take away my love, whoa
 
I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
 
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it's only you and me, yeah oh yeah oh

 

 Hong Ki's tweet:

A band here played 3 Doors Down song. So daebak!

And another tweet:

Vocalist looks like Shin Hye's Crutches Boy! ^_^

"Ah, that should be good!" Hong Ki thought happily as he uploaded the picture and the video.

******

And in no time, the responses were immediate.

"Hong Ki-oppa, the vocalist does look like Shin Hye-eonni's Crutches Boy!"

"Could it be that Crutches Boy sang that song for Park Shin Hye?"

"So, does Park Shin Hye have a boyfriend already???"

"Is Crutches Boy the new boyfriend of Park Shin Hye?"

"T_T so sad for Geun Suk-oppa! I still want him for Shin Hye-eonni T_T..."

"Shin Hye-eonni and Crutches Boy look good together... I hope we can see them together...♥"

Hong Ki was overwhelmed when he read the tweets of his fans. He even got some text messages from his friends in the celebrity world.

"Is he dating Shin Hye????"

And to this, Hong Ki replied. "Shin Hye and I are friends, but she never told me anything... :| "

Regardless of all the rumors flying around the internet, the people inside the bar were already howling, cheering, and going gaga over the four flower boys.

*****

Shin Hye flopped to her bed in her exhaustion, but she never forgot to check her phone for any messages.

One message from Jong Hyun:

Shin Hye-ya, Min Hyuk had recorded a vid of Yong Hwa-hyung, and Jung Shin will send you a copy of it...wait for it.

She smiled, thinking what other cute things her boyfriend had done in her absence.

"Oh, my Twitter..."

As she logged in, she saw her fans' tweets, mostly crying over the fact that she and Geun Suk would never be together again. Some were asking her about Crutches Boy, and some were sending their tweets both to her and Lee Hong Ki.

"Hong Ki?" she asked herself.

She checked Hong Ki's tweets, and bam! She saw his tweets about the gig, with the attached picture.

"OMO!!!!" she thought in shock.

Yong Hwa and the guys were on stage! That was no problem for her, but the fact that the picture had gone viral, it was inevitable that she might disclose Yong Hwa's persona soon. Yet, she had to protect him if she needed to. She could not lie to her fans, but she had someone's image to protect as well.

Hong Ki had uploaded the video elsewhere, and she saw it as well. She got so worried about Yong Hwa's instant rise to fame--in the most unexpected way. Yet, her worries were diffused when she heard him sing, and tears rained down her fair eyes once again. To her, his voice brought her consolation, and it brought her back to earth when her cares had tempted her to stay in the limelight.

Her life saver, her boyfriend.

"Gomawo, Yong Hwa-oppa...." she wept as she kissed his image on the screen of her phone.

Yet, another video that Hong Ki uploaded caught her attention, so she opened it as well. Song's "Tattoo."

 

 

You dig inside me just like Tattoo
You took half of me just like Tattoo
Even in your scent that passed me by
In your speech
is my tattoo with my bones embedded.
 
Your warm heat that you left behind
digs into my heart
This night is darker than usual,
and my heart is burning.
 
Your motion that seem to drive me crazy
Your motion that seem to brush against me
No matter how much I try to erase it,
Your motion is stuck like a tattoo.
 
Keep on (I wanna keep on)
Keep on (on and on and on)
Keep on (uh uh I have no way uh)
Keep on (I wanna keep on)
Keep on (on and on and on)
Keep on  (your back on)
 
Can you leave me? I don’t think I can forget you.
Disappear now oh from inside me
 
You are engraved inside my heart just like Tattoo
You are filled inside my head just like Tattoo
Even when I close my eyes, even when I scream
A tattoo called you just keeps getting bigger.
 
Your warm smile that you left behind come seeping into my head
 
Your motion that seem like its burning
Your motion that seem to appear and then disappear
No matter how much I try to erase it
Your motion is contained inside my heart.
 
Keep on (I wanna keep on)
Keep on (on and on and on)
Keep on (uh uh I have no way uh)
Keep on (I wanna keep on)
Keep on (on and on and on)
Keep on your back on
 
Your motion that seem to drive me crazy
Your motion that seem to brush against me
No matter how much I try to erase it,
Your motion is stuck like a tattoo.
 
Keep on (I wanna keep on)
Keep on (on and on and on)
Keep on (uh uh I have no way uh)
Keep on (I wanna keep on)
Keep on (on and on and on)
Keep on your back on