And It Makes Me Want To Scream

Tears And Wounds In Time

Yong Hwa was way too bored that he requested Jong Hyun to bring his painting materials so that he could paint. This was his secret pastime that he seldom engaged in, but even though it was seldom, he excelled in it still. 

"Hyung, what will you paint?" Jong Hyun asked.

"I don't know," Yong Hwa thought. "Maybe if I look outside the window, I will have a thought."

Yong Hwa hobbled to the window, which was overlooking the parking lot. At first, the parking lot added to his trauma in his first night, but now, it calmed him because he enjoyed looking at the people coming in and out. Jong Hyun got his chair for him and his painting materials.

"Yong Hwa-hyung, do you need anything else?" Jong Hyun asked. "Coz I need to go to school now."

Yong Hwa smiled at his friend. 

"Gwaenchanha," he assured him.

His parents also left the hospital to go to their jobs, and Jong Hyun left him for school. For the whole morning, Yong Hwa was painting. Even his doctors and the nurses were amazed at his ability to draw and to paint.

"It looks like a pretty girl to me," one nurse commented. "Is it that pretty lady who visited you last time?"

Yong Hwa nodded, smiling. His face had turned red because the nurses and the doctors were telling him.

"Is she your girlfriend?" they asked.

"Ah, anio," Yong replied. "She is just a friend."

They told him that if he wanted to court the "lady in the paiting", all he could do was to make his move, and they would cheer for him.

How cute....

*****

The painting was finished three days after, and the more he looked at the painting, the more he missed Shin Hye. It had been a month since he was admitted, and he really missed her. So that afternoon, he requested Jung Shin to give the painting to Shin Hye.

"Oh, that can be arranged," Jung Shin said with a smile.

Yong Hwa could not imagine Shin Hye's reaction by the time she will receive the painting. Would she cry? Would she be happy? Would she...?

*****

That afternoon, after school, Jung Shin went to the model agency for his extra-curricular activity, and he was bringing the painting with him.

After the short meeting, Jung Shin went to Shin Hye and talked to her for a minute. While they were alone, he gave her the painting. She received it, and opened it.

"W...wow..." she gasped. "This is beautiful... Gomawo..."

"I didn't paint that," Jung Shin explained. "It's from Yong Hwa-hyung."

She looked at him, and he found a homesick look in her eyes. It looked as if she was missing Yong Hwa so much.

"How is he, Jung Shin-ah?" she softly asked him, sounding so worried.

"He can walk with crutches now," he said. "Did he not tell you through your cell?"

Shin Hye lit up an apologetic smile.

"No, he never told me anything," she said.

Holding the model  by the hand, she looked into his eyes.

"Could I confess something to you?" she asked him.

*****

The two of them had dinner at a fancy restaurant. She just got to have an hour of leisure before she would have to get back to some photo shoots. 

She told him of the time when her manager wanted her to come home to play poker, and she told him who she was with. She was shouting that she was dating neither Jong Hyun nor Yong Hwa, and after the phone conversation, she was confused because Yong Hwa was blushing, and Jong Hyun had an astonished look on his face. She realized too late that they had heard the conversation.

"Geurae?" Jung Shin let out a half-laugh. "My hyungs never told me anything."

"I was just thinking that maybe, Yong Hwa never told me that he could walk because he did not want to make himself a burden," she said sadly.

Jung Shin nodded.

"I understand Yong Hwa-hyung's side, but I understand Shin Hye's Manager-hyung too," he said to her. "But Manager-hyung is too scary, I found him intimidating. Is he nosy even with your private affairs?"

Shin Hye nodded, then shook her head, much to the other model's confusion.

"Oppa is concerned of my image, but he knew of my hobbies. He also knew that I wanted to care for someone," she shared. "But eversince my breakup with Geun Suk-ssi, he got wary of guys, and he did not want me to be in a relationship."

She did not tell him about producers' taste of having her single for the good of her career. She did not need tell Jung Shin that because the latter was smart to figure it out on his own.

"Your manager is manipulative," he told her.

After dinner, he accompanied her to her dorm before going on his way. And all the while, she kept on thinking about what was said regarding her manager being manipulative.

******

A knock was heard, and Shin Hye darted to the door to open it. It was her manager.

"Are you dating that model?" he asked her grimly.

She crossed her eyebrows, wondering who he meant.

"You mean, Jung Shin?" she asked, and he nodded. She broke into a sarcastic laugh. "Wow, so I am dating someone younger than me? How pathetic!"

Manager Oppa noticed an eight-by-ten canvass lying on her bed. He darted towards it, much to her annoyance.

"Oppa!"

He flipped it up to see an oil painting of a girl looking like her.

"What is this?" he demanded.

"It's a gift," she said spitefully.

"I saw Jung Shin giving you this one this evening," he said. "And since you had mentioned his name in correlation to Yong Hwa's, I figure out that this must be from your special patient."

"And what if this is from him?" she argued.

He threw the painting to the floor in his anger.

"Oppa!" she shouted angrily and dashed to get the painting. 

He saw how protective she was over some painting, that he asked if she had fallen for Yong Hwa.

"I told you that he is just a friend!" she screamed. "And this painting is a gift!"

"Stop receiving gifts from him from now on!" he demanded.

"I won't," she replied in anger. "If you were given a gift and it was forcefully taken away, would you be happy?"

Oppa fumed in silence and stepped out the door, shutting the door behind him. Anger filled up to the brim of the container that was her heart, and she was so pissed off and fed up that she let out a scream.

She was angry, and she was feeling her head going crazy. Different emotions were mixing one after another, and she could not understand them. She just knew that she was very, very angry.

Angry at her manager for interfering with her life.

Angry at Jung Shin for giving her the painting within her manager's view.

Angry at Yong Hwa for not even telling her that he could walk (even if she knew he had good intentions of not doing so...)

And lastly, angry at herself for not fighting for her feelings in all honesty....

However, she could not continue hating Jung Shin because he was nice. She could not stay hating Yong Hwa because he was really nice and sweet to her, and he might only be protecting her. She could not stay angry at herself because she just wanted to protect him as well.

And she could not stay angry at her manager because he's her manager.... But oh well, she could hate him for as much as she'd like. 

And she'd hate him.

"I hate you, Oppa!!!!" she screamed her lungs out in her room.

 She continued screaming and started crying, totally messed up and totally fed up with her life. Being a celebrity is not all bed of roses. And she felt herself getting exhausted.

She couldn't help it...she just missed him too much. If she had been rational enough, she could have just cared for him in a platonic sense, just like her original intention when she made that conviction. But she was just too angry.

Was it so wrong for him to confess that he liked her? Was it also wrong if ever she liked him back? Was it worth it caring for him, but more than what she had intended to? And was it wrong caring for him that way?

And she continued screaming.

 

(insert song: "Scream" by Wyrd.")

 

 

Came home exhausted
Still thinking about you
Checked the inbox only
To find that there is nothing new
It’s like hoping for the sun to rise
In the midst of heavy rains
Yeah, we better have this analyzed
Before I turn insane
And all you ever do is understand
Your usual selfish side
How come it comes down to nothing?
When I’ve swallowed my own pride
Can’t see what’s the point
In being your slave for eternity
But I stand here waiting
Enduring the pain that’s killing me
 
Sun has fallen from the sky
Stars no longer shining
Purple sky has turned gray
And it makes me want to scream
We’re no longer giving light
Us no longer talking
Rain would not shower love
And it makes me want to scream
 
Now, I’m sort of thinking
How about me leaving you?
You will cry, you will sigh and you
Is there anything you wouldn’t do?
Then you’ll buy my patience
How come I can’t turn you down?
I’m so confused, and so inflamed
Oh, I just can’t stand to see you frown
 
Sun has fallen from the sky
Stars no longer shining
Purple sky has turned gray
And it makes me want to scream
We’re no longer giving light
Us no longer talking
Rain would not shower love
And it makes me want to scream
 
I will stand here waiting
By the time the sun comes falling
I will be there for you
No matter what you say or do
 
I will stand here waiting
By the time the sun comes falling
I will be there for you
Can’t stand it
I’d be there for you
 
Sun has fallen from the sky
Stars no longer shining
Purple sky has turned gray
And it makes me want to scream
We’re no longer giving light
Us no longer talking
Rain would not shower love
And it makes me want to scream
 
 
~~~~