What Is A Kiss?

Tears And Wounds In Time

Alone in the room...

Yong Hwa could not sleep that night after having the conversation with Shin Hye back at the dorm. She promised to love him even if he would not make her mushy anymore. She promised to be a faithful girlfriend to him. All the more, it made him want to kiss her. But the kiss has to be extra special and meaningful, just like a promise.

"What is a kiss, really?" he thought.

Is it just lips touching together, with tongues playing their part? Is it just about the means to get ual high? Yes, that is a kiss. But kiss just because of that--and without meaning, is just about lust, and he was not lusting over her. He loved her, and love is different from lust.

If only he could describe what a kiss truly meant, he could try depicting it in a painting. He very well remembered the butterfly on the rose that he had painted, and he remembered the statement about the kiss which Shin Hye said she saw in an anime.

"A kiss should be sweet, tender, soft, gentle...." he thought. "I had not even kissed my ex-girlfriend before. Am I just waiting for the right time to kiss the right girl?"

He had often seen Shin Hye kissing a lot of guys in the reel, from Se7en to Jang Geun Suk. But really, she was just made to kiss because it was for a CF or a drama. And CF and drama was just acting...she needed to act her emotions or feel the love, and it was not real. When he was still the fan boy, he often wondered with the guys if she had also kissed Geun Suk in secret.

"Since she had kissed a lot of guys already, I will make sure to make my kiss for her memorable, I want to make that moment last forever," he thought. "If it is going to be my first kiss, then I have to make it right."

He often remembered being teased by his friends because he had never kissed a girl, not even the ex that he had.

Jung Shin was the playboy in the group, and he was the kiss-and-tell type. For every girlfriend that he had, he had kissed them more than five times. He found it a bore to be dating girls already because the girls depended on him during dates, and he already found kissing a chore more than pleasure.

Jong Hyun had tried having two girlfriends at the same time in high school, just like the Betty ♥ Archie ♥ Veronica type (two friends being his girlfriends at the same time), and he had kissed them a lot of times too. But then, the girls finally broke up with him because they could not stand his flirting with a hot college noona.

Min Hyuk was the more faithful one, because he had two girlfriends in the past, but not at the same time. He treated each girl like a princess, and he kissed them only when they needed to have kisses. He was a very affectionate type of guy, and each girl had loved him dearly. But because the first girl was betrothed to another guy on the day that she was born, Min Hyuk had to break up with her when he found about the engagement. He had wanted to fight for his love, but the girl just told him to stop so as not to give problems for the both of them. That was his first love, and up to now, he could not forget about it. His second love was only a year older than he was, and he enjoyed being taken cared of by a noona. He had loved her too, but she had to break up with him on the day that she had to graduate high school because her parents had wanted her to study in America. That broke his heart too because he felt it was his fate to be left alone after loving so hard.

"My first love was just a short encounter, but I had loved her too," Yong Hwa thought. "It is just not my style to kiss when I think it is not the right time to kiss. But how to kiss?"

He thought it would be best to ask Jung Shin for advice, but it didn't mean that the model had to do a demo of him and Min Hyuk kissing, and having Yong Hwa do a return demo with Jong Hyun. That was just too gross--and he and the guys were not gay.

"Eck! I could not imagine Jong Hyun kissing me, blech, blech," he thought, shuddering at that nasty thought. "I am a guy, and real guys kiss real girls."

To distract his thoughts, he set up his canvass and began painting straight away. It was already ten-thirty at night, but sleep did not bother him just yet. His mind was still imaginative to paint something for the girl that he loved.

*****

The painting took him two more days to finish, and finally, the product that he had was the image of a beautiful sunset in autumn. There was a large maple tree and a  bench under the tree. The painting looked soft and delicate, and the colors blended in harmony--the red, orange, yellow, pink, light silver... It was beautiful.

"If I could see a sunset as beautiful as this, it would be nice," he thought. "The moment we will make in that beautiful sunset will bring good memories, and we will reminisce all the poignant and sweet things we did..."

That was, for him, how a kiss should be--memorable, poignant, sweet, beautiful as autumn, innocent, full of love, and colorful.

"I wish these things would come to your mind the day that I will kiss you," he said to Shin Hye in his thought.

 

laz_15: Sorry for breaking your teeth. I didn't mean to.

zeldaxdooley and makebelieve: More sweetness to come!

Chooky: Dooley couple is simply the best!

Nandiferd: Yeah, his act during the Baeksang was really cute. He was just too shy to give her the flowers properly, kekekek....