No More Room For Contradictions

Tears And Wounds In Time

Shin Hye came home without calling her manager, and she came home with a smile on her face.

"Why did you not call?" Oppa asked. "I could have fetched you at the mall."

"Ah... I am not in the mood for some car rides today," she said.

"MWO???" Oppa asked. "What did you ride?"

"I took a taxi," she said. "I am in my disguise."

Oppa eyed her from hair to toe.

"If you went shopping, where are your shopping bags?"

"Ah, I did not go there," she said dryly.

Oppa fumed, probably guessing where she had been.

"You went to your special patient?" he asked.

"Ne," she said. 

As she walked to her room, he roared his instruction again.

"Never ever fall for that guy!" he roared.

She turned around, her eyes showing deep hatred.

"I have fallen for him," she confessed. "And he is now my boyfriend."

"MWO????" Oppa growled.

"I had said it already," she said. "And please do not disturb his private life. Do not even threaten his existence."

Oppa smirked wickedly.

"You think I am that black-hearted to even do those kind of things? Give some death threats or all those pathetic stuff?" he asked her.

"I know you wouldn't," she told him. "Just warning you just in case you might turn pathetic."

"Shin Hye!" he shouted.

"What is with Yong Hwa that you don't want me to fall in love with him?" she demanded, tears bursting out from her eyes.

"You really wanna know?" he hissed. "It's because Geun Suk wanted to get back with you."

Shin Hye stood there, speechless for a moment.

"M..mwo?" she asked in disbelief.

"He approached me on the day of the fashion show at the Metro," he said. "He wanted me to keep watch over you and to arrange for a meeting between the two of you..."

"Nonsense!" Shin Hye ed. "I don't love him anymore. But knowing Geun Suk-ssi, I know he would not have any arrangements with people just for the two of us to talk again. I know he'd call me directly."

"All right, all right, I lied!" Manager Oppa said. 

"But why would you even do that?" she demanded, tears raging.

"Because! That's it!" he roared. 

Then he paced around.

"What will the producers say? Some had been wanting to pair you up with Geun Suk again. Some wanted you for other guys in dramas and CFs. Kyuhyun, Jang Woo, Wooyoung, Taecyeon, Siwon..."

"Work is work, what is private is private," she hissed, her demure nature fading. "If I have to fight for Yong Hwa, I'll do it."

Manager Oppa crossed his eyebrows. "Shin Hye!"

"I know you are my manager, and I know what you are doing for me, but please," she begged. "Let me love Yong Hwa. He is the best thing that had happened to me. He kept me sane, he let me cry, he let me be myself."

Oppa saw how true her tears had been, and how she had changed because of Yong Hwa. She was passive when she was with Geun Suk, but now, she was a fighter. He saw that she was willing to fight for Yong Hwa. But he was not willing to admit his defeat, so he stomped to his room and left her alone.

"No matter what tomorrow brings me, I will protect my Yong Hwa," she thought.

 

~~~