She's Just Too Good

Tears And Wounds In Time

The three friends gathered inside the gazebo in the Lee residence. They were watching some magazines and commenting about the beautiful girls when Jung Shin came in, feeling happy.

"Oh, Jung Shin-ah," Jong Hyun said. 

"Hyung," Jung Shin said to his elder brother. "I have good news."

Yong Hwa and Min Hyuk listened to what the good news would be about.

"Saturday next week, there will be a fashion show at the Metro," Jung Shin said. "This will be my first time to walk on the ramp."

"Good for you, Jung Shin-ah," Jong Hyun said. "So proud to have a model for a brother."

"Gomawo," the model said.

"Chukahae," Yong Hwa and Min Hyuk said.

They got back to looking at the magazine.

"Park Shin Hye is very beautiful," Yong Hwa said, admiring her regal beauty. "She is not just pretty."

"I agree," Min Hyuk said.

"Oh, by the way," Jung Shin said. "It was also rumored that Shin Hye-ssi will walk on the ramp with us."

"Wow!" Yong Hwa exclaimed. "I will definitely go there to watch."

"Me too," Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun chorused.

"I will do my best to get some VIP tickets for you," Jung Shin said. "VIP ticket holders not only can get to sit on the front rows, they can also get to meet Shin Hye-ssi in the flesh."

"Whohoo!!!!" Yong Hwa screamed. "I can see her for real. Please Jung Shin-ah, please get those tickets, huh?"

"All right, Hyung, " Jung Shin said.

*************

True enough, Jung Shin got some tickets for the show, and he gave them to his friends and for his brother. Jong Hyun slapped his namdongsaeng's back and thanked him for the tickets. Min Hyuk said that he's gonna brag about it, and Yong Hwa kissed the ticket.

That Saturday, the three friends (Yong Hwa, Min Hyuk, and Jong Hyun) went to the spot early because they did not want to be crushed with other people holding the VIP passes. Ushers ushered them in and had them sit down, right in front of the stage.

"Nice!" Min Hyuk squealed.

Later, as the event was about to begin, the hall was filled with lots of people--staff, photographers, elite, audience....

"Whoah! I've never knew that Jung Shin could live up to this kind of environment," Min Hyuk said. 

"This is rather busy," Jong Hyun said.

"Dog-eat-dog world is rather harsh," Yong Hwa said. "I think I cannot live with that."

Finally, the show started. The lights dimmed, and finally, all the stage lights shown brightly, in different colors at that. Soon, models began walking down the catwalk, starting from the female models.

"Remember, let's not howl," Yong Hwa told them.

"Ne," the two replied.

Soon, the male models strutted, and they spotted Jung Shin walking the ramp. He really looked good because he was tall and had shapely legs.

"You and your namdongsaeng are really different," Yong Hwa told Jong Hyun. "He is more on the modeling and the feminine side, while you are into athletics and the rough side. I wonder if you really are siblings."

"We are siblings, all right?" Jong Hyun snapped. "I just looked like Appa, and Jung Shin from Eomma. And hey, he is into the rough side too."

Yong Hwa knew that too, since Jung Shin had a lot of girlfriends back in high school.

"Aish, I want to be a model too," Min Hyuk sighed. "I envy Jung Shin's long hair, but too bad, nursing schools don't allow that."

The other guys could only agree. Later, as the male models got back to backstage, another female model came out, and the crowd clapped.

"It's your crush, Yong Hwa-hyung," Min Hyuk .

It was Park Shin Hye. For Yong Hwa, no other girl could come close, and for him, she was the ideal woman: beautiful, graceful, mild-mannered, cute, sophisticated.

"I have fallen for her right now," Yong Hwa said, dreamy.

Shin Hye strutted her stuff and twirled around like a chic girl from the cities of Paris or Milan, and while the crowd clapped much, Yong Hwa just sat there, mesmerized. The only person he saw was just her.

And he saw her looking at him with a smile. 

He felt Cupid attacking him with a million more love arrows, and he felt himself waving back at her. Shin Hye waved at him before continuing to walk.

"Whoa! Yong Hwa-hyung, she waved at you!" Jong Hyun .

"Y...ye...she did," Yong Hwa replied thoughtfully.

He was saddened when she got back to the backstage. And when it was time for all the models to gather with the fashion designer, Yong Hwa smiled in ecstasy when Shin Hye got to be with them. 

*****

At the end of the show, Jung Shin called his friends and his brother, telling them to hurry up for the meet-and-greet with Shin Hye. When they got to the scene, the three where astounded to find that there were actually fifty of them in that special event.

"Eotteohke?" Jong Hyun told Yong Hwa. "There are a lot of people here...."

The three of them settled at the middle seats reserved by Jung Shin, while the models had their own seats too. Finally, Shin Hye arrived, and the people cheered.

"Annyeong haseyo?" she greeted them.

The people did too, and she expressed her delight in their coming. The fans asked them many questions, and one of them was quite tactless with her question. She was asking who among Cho Kyuhyun and Lee Jang Woo she liked best.

Everybody in the industry knew that Shin Hye and multi-talented Jang Geun Suk broke up after four months of being a couple (which was over a year ago), and currently, she had been linked to Super Junior's Kyuhyun and actor Jang Woo. Shin Hye was hesitant to answer, but she did her best not to make it show, so she smiled.

"Ah, anio, Kyuhyun-ssi and Jang Woo-ssi are just my friends," she said. "We seldom see each other nowadays."

"Are you dating either of them?" the girl asked.

"Uhm...after Geun Suk-ssi, I am not ready to be dating just yet," Shin Hye said.

Min Hyuk was the next to ask, according to priority numbers, so he stood up.

"I am a very avid fan of yours," Min Hyuk said. "I also admire you for all your charity works."

"At least, someone who talks sense," Shin Hye thought.

She smiled at the nursing student before replying.

"Ah, ne, it is my dream to be useful to people, that is why I am active in charity works," she said. "If I have the luxury of the time, I want to spend my time with a poor individual or with a sick person."

"I am a nursing student, Shin Hye-ssi, and I share the passion that you have," Min Hyuk said.

"It is my pleasure to meet someone like you," she replied.

Next Jong Hyun got to ask his question.

"Ah, geuge... I am proud to be here...because of my brother," he said, and Shin Hye smiled at him.

Jong Hyun pointed at his brother, who blushed in embarrassment.

"Ah, Jung Shin-ssi is really hardworking," Shin Hye complimented the model. "I am sure you are really proud to see him walk tonight."

"Ne," Jong Hyun said. And to Jung Shin, he pounded his chest with one hand, "I love you, Jung Shin-ah."

"Gomawo," Jung Shin said, pounding his chest with one hand. "Love you too, Hyung."

"Lovely brothers," Shin Hye said.

Next, Yong Hwa had his turn. He wiped his face with his hanky as he gingerly stood up, and Shin Hye looked at him with interest. 

"I...I..." he was tongue-tied.

"Ne?" she asked as she smiled sweetly.

"I like you," he blurted out.

The crowd howled and clapped their hands, and Shin Hye held her cheeks.

"Gamsahamnida," she told him. "I am very flattered."

Yong Hwa did a half-smile, unable to process the whole event.

"A lot of fans have been telling me that," Shin Hye said. "But you are the one who said it like I was some difficult quiz. I will never forget that."

Yong Hwa felt his heart imploding.

"G...geuraeyo?" he asked, wiping his brow.

"Ah, this young man...you are adorable," Shin Hye said. "The room must have been a bit stuffy, isn't it?"

"Ah...ne," he said rather shyly before sitting down.

In fact, all VIPs had the chance to ask his question. Later, all the staff had the audience exit the room.

"Wow, I... I made an impression, did I?" Yong Hwa asked in shock.

"You did," Min Hyuk said. "I won't wonder if you would be one hot issue."

Jung Shin came running, and he handed something to Yong Hwa. It was cream-colored hanky with an embroidered aster and star design.

"What for?" Yong Hwa asked his friend.

"Shin Hye-ssi asked me to give this to you," Jung Shin said.

Yong Hwa stared at the hanky, then at him.

"Are you not gonna take this?" Jung Shin asked him. "Shin Hye was worried that your hanky was soaked, so she asked me to give you this one."

Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk howled.

"One lucky namja you are," Jong Hyun said. "You did give her an impression."

"You're so jjang!" Min Hyuk said to Yong Hwa, slapping his back.

Jung Shin was still holding the hanky. "Are you taking this or not?"

Yong Hwa got the hanky and ran towards the hall to look for Shin Hye, but she had long been escorted by her staff already. As he puffed, he looked back at the hanky.

"I have a feeling we will meet someday," he thought.

 

~~~~~