02

soju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday. It was Friday and it was also our fifteenth monthsary today. Actually, I don't like celebrating monthsaries but since she liked it and itwas her request, I gotta do it. I bought roses—pink roses—earlier from a flower shop since pink roses were her favorite. I drove to the restaurant she texted me. If you're guessing why I didn't pick her up, it was because she insisted that we should go separately and I'm confused on why she told me that. There was something strange in her voice when she told me about the special day—our special day. Maybe it was because she has a surprise for me or she wanted me to surprise her, but the only item I could give here is these pink roses since I really forgot that it was our monthsary today, not until she called me. Am I a bad boyfriend?

 

I arrived at the restaurant and just in time it was 10 am. When I found her inside, I immediately walked towards her table. She looks beautiful as always. She smiled when she saw me and there was something about her smile that made me nervous.

"Hi." she greeted. "Oh, y-you bought me flowers. Thank you," she said when she noticed the thing in my hand. She looked apologetic rather than happy. Why was that?

"Well, yes since these are your favorite and it's our monthsary today." I was kinda guilty that I only got flowers for her. "So, Happy fifteenth Monthsary, babe!" I stood up and hugged her. She tensed and looked at me hesitantly but, hugged me back nonetheless. This really confused me.

"O-Oh, yeah, H-Happy fifteenth Monthsary too." She smiled—fake smile to be exact. Was she not happy? I thought she likes to celebrate this kind of occasion. Did I do something wrong?

"Are you okay?" I asked. She looked at me and I could tell that she was hesitant.

"Yes. Should we order now?" she asked, obvious that she wanted to change the topic.

"Okay," I answered.

 

We are engulfed with silence while ordering. This is weird. We were not normally l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter