Eight.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

 

-Three Weeks Later-

 

Iris’s POV

It’s only been three weeks since I moved to South Korea and surprisingly, I love being here, besides that one moment I do not wish to recall.  One thing surprised me about being in Korea is that Koreans love their fried chicken, or just in general, chicken. See, you would have never believed it to be true, but man, they love them some chicken.

Especially Onew.

Ever since he found out that I love chicken as much as he does, he told me that he knows where one can get the best chicken. So he took me to this chicken joint, 사랑의치킨, in English, called “Love Chicken”. Oh my goodness, they have the best chicken I have ever eaten in my life, and I have ate a lot of chicken in my life.

“This place is packed. So what are we doing here?” I asked.

“This is my favorite chicken spot. Since you love chicken as much as I do, I thought the best thing was to bring you here,” Onew said.

“Okay, so what do you suggest I try?”  I asked.

“Hmm.. most of them are my favorite but you HAVE to try their barbeque chicken… its –“ Onew said as he begins to drool.

“Onew oppa! You’re drooling.” I said laughing while waving in front of his face.

“Huh? Oh yeah, sorry.”

“So its that good, huh.. Okay let’s try it,” I said.

We walked up towards the cash register.

“How may I help you?” The cashier said while eyeing me.

“Umm can we get 50 pieces of barbeque chicken?” Onew said.

“50 pieces? Isn’t that a lot?” I asked.

“Psh, no.. it won’t be enough,” Onew said then laughed.

“Okay, is that it? Your order will be $22.50,” the cashier said.

As I began to reach for my wallet, Onew stopped me.

“I brought you here, it’s on me,” Onew said.

“But I can help pay, I’m eating some of the food too,” I said.

“No its fine… if it really bothers you, you can buy me something later.”

I sighed. “ I guess..”

Onew turned and smile towards me.

This dude has one of the nicest smiles I have ever seen.

“You have a nice smile,” I unconsciously said.

*smacks self in head*

“Thanks,” Onew said while blushing.

Once our food were ready, we found an empty table in the back.

“Go ahead and try it.” Onew said.

I looked up at him and he gave me a nod. I hesitantly picked up a drumstick and took a bit of it.

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I immediately took another bite of my chicken.

“Thisisthebestchickenieverate!” I said quickly with my mouth full.

Onew laughed. I quickly finished my first piece and picked up another.

“Now you see why I said get 50 pieces?” Onew said and he began to eat.

While we were eating, Onew told me stories about the guys and I forced him to tell me some of his corny jokes.

“Come on, I’m a er for corny jokes,” I eagerly said.

“Fine, okay here’s one. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says ‘Dam!’” Onew said.

I stared at him.

“See I knew-“ and I busted out laughing.

“I’ve never heard that one before. That’s funny,” I said while laughing.

Once we were done, we walked out of the store. I turned towards Onew.

“I had so much fun today, but I gotta go home and finish some homework before tomorrow,”  I said.

“Okay, but let me take you home.” Onew offered.

“No its fine. I don’t want to bother you anymore,” I said.

“You’re definitely not bothering me and I don’t want any-“ Onew began to say before his phone began to ring.

Ring, Ring, Ring

“Hello? Hey Minho. Come now? Oh right I forgot….But I’m with Iris right now… I’ll come soon… Okay bye.” Onew said.

“Was it the guys?” I asked.

“Yeah, I forgot we were supposed to hang out at Minho’s house,” Onew said while scratching the back of his neck.

“Go ahead. I’m capable of walking home by myself.” I said.

“But –“

“No buts. Go. If you’re so worried, I’ll text you saying that I got home safely. Fine?” I said.

“I guess.” Onew said.

We said our goodbyes and left.

 

Onew’s POV

Man I wanted to walk her home. What if something happens to her again?

Don’t jinx her man.

I’m not trying to… I’m just worried. But I had lots of fun today. It kinda seemed like a date… hehehe

I finally reached Minho’s house and walked inside.

“Hey Onew hyung’s here. You look happy,” Taemin said.

“Yes I am,” I said.

“Hey hyung.  I heard that you were out with Iris. What were you doing? On a date?” Key suggestively said.

“NO, it wasn’t a date…sadly…I just showed her my favorite chicken place.” I said.

“Really? Because that sounds like a date to me.” Jonghyun bitterly said.

“It wasn’t a date,” I said.

“But you wish it was?”

“Yes, wait no.” I said.

Stupid, stupid.

“YOU LIKE HER! ONEW HYUNG LIKES IRIS!” Taemin yelled.

I began to blush madly.

Crap Jonghyun’s gonna be mad at me now.

“Dude, he does. Look at him blush.” Minho said.

Buzz

My phone began to buzz. It seems like I’m getting a text message.

From: Future Girlfriend

To: Onew Oppa

I’m home. See? I got here safe. HA!

I smiled.

“What are you smiling at?” Key asked.

“Nothing. I just got a text message. That’s all,” I replied.

“Is it from Iris?”

“…..yes…”

“Dude you so like her. Are you gonna ask her out?” Minho asked.

Jonghyun suddenly got up.

“Dude that’s not fair. I told you that I liked her already. Now you do?” Jonghyun said.

“Hyung, you like Iris too?” Taemin asked.

“Jonghyun, I’ve liked her since the beginning.” I replied.

“Well so have I. We both can’t have her. So how are we going to settle this?” Jonghyun asked.

“Wait I have an idea. We should make a bet… whoever who kisses her first gets to go out with her.” Jonghyun said.

“No, I’m not gonna make a bet on her,” I said while getting angry.

“What are you scared that you’re gonna lose to me? You probably are. Your skills are nothing compared to mine.” Jonghyun egotistically said.

“You know what? Fine if this is the only way to keep your ego in check.” I retorted.

“Let the best man win.” Jonghyun said while patting me on the back and he walked out of the room.

“What just happened?” Minho asked.

“You’re gonna lose you know that right. Hyung you’ve never had a girlfriend before, let alone a date.” Taemin asked.

I snapped my head towards him and glared.

I’m going to win and Iris will be mine.

 

 


A/N

Oh how I wish Onew was walking around my campus like that.... *sigh*

Question: What are your favorite Korean/Japanese/Taiwanese dramas?

Mine:

Korean - This is hard......Coffee Prince & Scent of A Woman

Japanese - Hana Kimi (1st Version) & Nodame Cantabile

Taiwanese - In TIme With You & Skip Beat (It still airing but its good :3 and it has by second and third husbands in it, Siwon & Donghae lol)

 

Oh, Don't forget to comment! c: