Twenty Eight.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

 

Iris’s POV

 

I’ve made my decision. I took a blank piece of paper from my locker and wrote two words on the piece of paper. I put it back into the envelope, took out my textbook and closed my locker. On my way back to class, Jonghyun was walking down the hallway towards me, looking down.

“Jonghyun,” I said calling his attention.

He looked up, surprised, that I was actually talking to him. He carefully walked up to me.

“I’m-“ he began to say, until I shushed him. I handed him the envelope.

“You didn’t r-“ Jonghyun began to say, until I kicked him in the shin. Jonghyun immediately dropped to the floor, writhing in pain.

“WHAT THE-HDJFJDJFLKJDKGJ… I know I deserved that,” Jonghyun said with a sigh.

“Yes you did…and I did read your letter. My response is in the envelope,” I said then turned around and walked to class.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

Damn! That kick hurt like a mofo..I’m going to have a bruise for at least two weeks...

While Iris walked away, I reached over and picked up the envelope and slowly opened it. Inside was a folded piece of paper.

Did she forgive me?

The way she kicked me, it seemed like she was going to hate me forever. I slowly took the paper out, silently praying that it meant that she forgave me. I unfolded the paper and what was written on it was,  ”You’re forgiven.” A wave of relief flashed through me. I quickly got up and limped back to class. As soon as I got into class, Key ran up towards me.

“What happened to you? Why are you limping?” Key worriedly asked.

“Iris forgave me!” I exclaimed.

“What!? Really? If I was her, I would have made you suffer before I forgave you,” Key noted.

“Yeah she did. She kicked me in the shin… and that’s why I’m limping,” I replied.

Key crouched down to look at my shin.

“Wow, that bruise looks like it hurts. Iris must’ve got a good kick. Hahahha,” Key said.

“Yeah she did and it does hurt. Can I sit down now? My leg is killing me.”

“Oh yeah, hahah,” Key said and moved out the way so I could limp my way to the chair.

“Hey Jonghyun oppa,” I heard a small voice and looked up.

“Hey Ji Min. What’s up?”

“I saw that you were limping. Here’s an ice pack. I’ll help,” she said with a small smile.

I couldn’t help but smile back. She’s cute like IU cute.(lol)

 “Thanks Ji Min,” I replied and she did a little giggle and ran back to her friends.

Key nudged me.

“She so likes you,” he said.

“It does seem like it, and she is cute. But after everything that happened, I think I’m going to take a break from girls for a while,” I replied.

“Really? Jonghyun, you taking a break from going after girls?” Key said in disbelief

“What? I can do it.”

Key scoffed.

Ji Min walked up to my desk again with a little card in the shape of a heart.

“Oppa…. This is for you,” she said and quickly dropped it on my chair and ran back to her seat.

I picked up the card and opened it.

 

Jonghyun oppa,

I’ve always wanted to tell you that I’ve liked you for the past three years and I finally decided to tell you this now. Will you accept my heart and come to the movies tonight with me?

 

Wow three years… That’s a long time

Snapping me out of my thoughts was Key’s voice.

“Are you going to tell her no and take a break, like you said?”

“I don’t know,” I started.

“She really likes you. No more messing with a girl’s heart,” Key warned.

“I’ll think about it,” I replied.

 

After school at Iris’s house

 

Iris’s POV

 

Finding the right song has never been this hard ..AHHHHHH

Darn you Onew!!! You and your surprises

But I can’t help but wonder what it is…. Hmmm

“Mia!” I yelled

“Yeah,” she replied, poking her head through my door.

“Can you help me to figure out which song to do for the talent show?”’

“Ummmm… I don’t know.. . if you guys were still doing a duet, you should pick Timeless, the Korean version, but since you’re not…hmmm.. How about Parachute by Ingrid Michaelson? You can never go wrong with that song,” Mia suggested.

“That is a good song.. hmm,”

 

I don’t need a parachute,

Baby if I’ve got you

I don’t need a parachute,

You’re gonna catch me

You’re gonna catch if I fall

Down, Down

 

A smile crept on my face.

 

With Onew, I definitely don’t need a parachute.

 

“OOoOooOOoh! How about Halo? You can never go wrong with that song,”

 

You know you're my saving grace

You're everything I need and more

It's written all over your face

Baby, I can feel your halo

Pray it won't fade away

 

This describes how I feel about Onew …. Perfectly

 

“PERFECT! Okay I’m going to use this song and tell Onew that I have a surprise for himmmm,” I sang.

Ring Ring.

It’s my phone!” Mia exclaimed and picked up the phone.

“Minho! I’m not doing anything right now, just finished helping Iris figure out what song she should do for the talent show….. You’re at the door right now?!?” Mia said and looked towards me.

She immediately got up and ran towards the door. She opened the door, revealing Minho with a big, white teddy bear.

“Minho!?”

“Hey Mia. While I was walking home, I saw this in the window and I immediately thought of you. Here Mia,” Minho said as he began to blush.

“Waaahhh , thank you! Come in, come in,” Mia said and grabbed his hand to pull him into the apartment until Minho pulled his hand back.

“I wish I could, but I can’t. I have to help my dad with this soccer play he’s trying to make, but I wanted to stop by and give it to you. Okay I gotta go,” Minho said and stole a kiss from Mia and waved and walked away.

Mia frantically waved back and hugged her bear.

She closed the door and turned around, revealed her red tinted cheeks and her goofy smile.

“Someone looks really happy, eh?” I teased.

“HEY! You know you would too,” she yelled and ran into her room, while snuggling her bear.

 


A/N

Sorry for the wait.

My effin' laptop keeps over heating and shutting off.. So right now I'm typing while my laptop is in my mini fridge lolol

Thanks for everyone who participated in the poll ... hahah you semi-violent people lolol

One chapter left :( I feel like it's going to be long.. hehehe

Thank you my dearest readers!