Twenty Six.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

 

 

Iris’s POV

 

Yes. I remember everything.

“Iris, is there something wrong?” Onew asked as he put a hand on my shoulder.

“Yes,” I quietly said.

“Huh?”

“Yes, I remember…. everything.” I softly replied.

‘OH MY GOODNESS! That’s great! “Onew said and immediately pulled me into a hug.

It felt really nice to be in Onew’s embrace, but one thing was still stuck on my mind: the bet.

I pulled out of Onew’s hug and looked him in his eyes.

“Ummm, I gotta go. I’ll call you later,” I said and began to walk away.

“Iris, WAIT!” Onew yelled and ran up to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

“What happened?” Onew said as he caught his breath.

“…I need to talk to Jonghyun,” I said and turned away from Onew.

I picked up my phone and called Jonghyun.

I need to figure out who is telling the truth. I want to believe Onew but everything Jonghyun said was true.

Ring. Ring.

“Hello Iris?” Jonghyun said.

“Hey Jonghyun. I need to talk to you. Where are you?” I asked.

“Oh I’m at the Star café right now.”

“Are you busy?”

“No, why?”

“I’ll meet you there. Wait for me.” I replied ignoring his question.

“Okay?”

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I feel bad for leaving Onew like I did, hopefully he will understand. Several minutes later, I arrived at the Star café and walked towards Jonghyun.

“Hey Iris. What’s up?” Jonghyun cheerfully asked.

“Nothing much. I need to talk to you about the bet,” I replied.

“The bet? You got your memories back??” Jonghyun exclaimed, gaining strange looks from other people in the café.

“Yes, I remember everything, including what you told me about the bet. According to Onew, everything you said was lie and you were the one who initiated the bet.”

As soon as I said this, he had a grim, yet guilty look on his face.

“Is this true?” I asked.

Jonghyun kept silent and stared at his coffee cup.

“JONGHYUN! Is this true? I need to know!” I whisper yelled.

“YES! It’s true!”

“What?”

What? Jonghyun lied to me and made me make the biggest mistake of my life. I can’t believe I didn’t believe in Onew. He’s always been there and I didn’t believe him the one time it mattered. I’m so stupid.

“I can’t believe you! Why did you lie?!” I yelled as tears fell down my face.

“I’m sorry! I never meant you to lose your memory by my lies. I wanted to get back at Onew for taking the girl that I was in love with, JongHee, and then he took you away from me.”

“He took me away from you?”

“He knew I liked you, but apparently he liked you first and then I got angry and forced him into that bet,” Jonghyun spat.

So they only way for you to ‘get’ me was to bet on me? Are you serious? Like that was going to get me. You make it seem like I’m a prize…..ughh I feel so stupid right now. I need to find Onew,” I angrily replied and walked out of the café.

Jonghyun, why are you so selfish? Ughh

I picked up my phone and pressed ‘1’ to call Onew on speed dial.

“Iris? What did he say?”

“… Can I meet you tonight…again?”

“Umm yeah sure, where?”

“Back at our park.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in five minutes.”

As I walked to the park, thoughts swirled around in my head.

How could I be so stupid? I’m such a bad girlfriend.

I arrived at the park to see Onew sitting on a bench, nervously rubbing his hands on his knees.

“Onew..” I softly said, catching his attention.

“Iris! Is everything okay? What happened?”

I looked in his eyes; they were full of love and concern. I immediately felt a wave of guilt flow through me and I began to cry.

“I’m so sorry. I should’ve believed you when you said that it wasn’t true. I’m such a bad girlfriend. I can’t believe I actually thought of breaking up with you,” I said and began to cry harder.

“Shh, It’s okay. I’m sorry too. You’re not a bad girlfriend; you were hurt. It doesn’t matter anymore now that you know the truth.” Onew cooed and began wiping the tears off of my face.

“You deserve so much better” I said, looking up at him.

“No I don’t. I want you…. I want nobody, nobody, but you,” Onew sang.

I must’ve saved the world in my past life; there’s no way I could have a boyfriend like Onew.

“Hahaha, you know that I love you, right?” I chuckled.

“Yeah, and I love you too,” Onew said and leaned down and kissed my lips.

 


A/N 

Herrroo! I'm back!

Mianhae! T_T I had really bad case of writers block >.< and school

Did you guys hear all the songs on Sherlock album?? It sounds amazing.. I like Alarm Clock the best; Onew's and Taemin's voices sounded amazing and Minho's y talking/whisper was.....

Yeah it was that good.....

Eeeeeppp I have 48 subscribers! :))  I love all of my subscribers and readers.. you da best!

Commenting is good for the soul!


Anouncements!!

1. This story will be ending soon T-T waahhh.. I know

2. I'm co-writing a new story with my best bud, flowergalusa. I hope you can support us by subscribing!

Here's the link: Wait....What Did You Just Say?!?