Twenty Two.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

 

 

Onew’s POV

After handling my business, I walk out of the bathroom, towards the classroom.

I can’t wait to take Iris on a surprise picnic. Hopefully she’ll love it.

Once I reach into the classroom, I look over to my seat.

Where did Iris go? She said that she’ll stay here.

I look over to Taemin working on his homework.

Maybe he knows where she went.

I walk over to Taemin and tap him on the shoulder. Taemin looks up at me.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Taemin, do you know where Iris went?”

“No…. Wait, I did see Jonghyun drag her out of the classroom in a rush,” Taemin replied.

Jonghyun?

“Oh, okay. Thanks,” I said and walked away.

Why did Jonghyun drag Iris away? Is this one of his attempts to try to take Iris away? Ughhh Jonghyun. I have to go find her now.

While rushing out of the classroom, I bumped into and fell on top of someone.

Just my luck.

I realized there was a girl under me, so I quickly got up to figure out that it was Iris.  

“IRIS! I’m so sorry. Where did you go? You said you were going to stay here,” I said while pulling her up.

“…uh yeah... I was talking to Jonghyun. Can I talk to you about something real quick?” Iris quietly said.

“Yeah, sure. Is something wrong?”

“No, I just need you to clarify something,” Iris said and started walking.

I followed after her until we got to a quiet spot at the end of the hallway.

“So what did you want to talk about?” I asked.

“I know this sounds crazy and absurd, but is it true that you made a bet about whoever kissed me first could date me?” Iris asked me, staring straight into my eyes.

What?!?!? I didn’t make a bet, JONGHYUN DID!

“Iris, what ever Jonghyun said was not true-“

“You didn’t answer my question, is it true?”

“……yes, but-“

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!” Iris yelled and pushed me away.

“It wasn’t my fault. I didn’t want to do the bet; it was all Jonghyun’s idea!”

I started to walk closer to her but she backed away, shaking her head.

“You could’ve said no! Jonghyun told me that you would blame it on him. I guess I don’t know you like he does,” Iris said with tears streaming down her face. “So everything was a lie? I guess after you made me fall in love with you, you wanted me to sleep with you? Huh?”

“No, never. I love you, Iris,” I said surprising myself. But it was true. I do love Iris.

“Right now, I don’t believe you.... It’s over,” Iris quietly said and ran away crying.

 

“It’s over,” Iris said.

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No…….

 

This can’t be happening right now. JONGHYUN I’M GOING TO KILL YOU.

 

After School

 

I tried so hard for Iris to talk to me, but she keeps on ignoring me. Suddenly, I see Jonghyun laughing and walking with the guys.

That bastard.

I ran over to them and yanked Jonghyun’s shoulder.

“What the hell dude?” Jonghyun said in a joking manner.

That smirk on his face made my blood boil.

He knows what he did, yet he has the audacity to smirk at me.

I swiftly lifted my fist and swung it across his face, punching his cheek.

“HYUNG!” Key yelled at me and went on the ground to check on Jonghyun. Students are starting to crowd around and stare at us.

“What did you do that for?!” Jonghyun yelled, while wiping the blood off of his lips.

“YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID! YOU TOLD IRIS ABOUT THE BET THAT YOU MADE ABOUT HER AND BLAMED IT ON ME. NOW SHE BROKE UP WITH ME!” I yelled.

“I didn’t do that,” Jonghyun said.

“YOU LIAR!” I said and crouched down to punch him again until Minho stopped me.

“WHY DID YOU LIE TO HER? WHY?!”

I struggled to get out of Minho’s grasp but he held on tight. All of a sudden, we hear whistles, indicating that administrators were coming to break up the fight. The administrators came and dispersed the students and took the Jonghyun and me to the office. I looked over at Jonghyun, with disbelief.

I can’t believe he did that to me? To us? To Iris? All because her to be with him and not me?

After waiting for fifteen minutes, the principal called us into his office.

“Boys, sit down,” Principal Kim said.

We sat down and I scooted my chair away from Jonghyun.

“I can’t believe what had occurred moments earlier on this school’s campus; two students, who are at the top of their class, were fighting. Can one of you tell me why you two were fighting?” Principal Kim sternly asked.

“I don’t know. I was walking and then Onew Jinki punched me,” Jonghyun innocently replied.

“Jinki, why did you punch Jonghyun?” Principal Kim inquisitively asked.

“…. I don’t know, sir. I’m sorry. It’ll never happen again,” I said.

“I am very disappointed in you, Jinki.  Since this is the first problem that I’ve had with the both of you, you will be given a light punishment. Both of you will have to serve a week in detention, after school, cleaning out the gym. I hope to never see you two in my office under these circumstances ever again. You two are free to go,” Principal Kim said and we left his office. Walking down the hallway, I turned to Jonghyun.

“Are you happy now?” I asked.

 “Yes, yes I am.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“This is pay back for the time you dated JongHee.”

“JongHee?”

“You already forgot her?” Jonghyun scoffed. “She was the girl I was in love with, but she was in love with you and you knew I liked her but dated her anyways.”

“Jonghee from freshman year? I didn’t know you liked her. I wouldn’t have dated her if I knew,” I replied.

“Yeah right. It didn’t stop you from dating Iris, did it?” Jonghyun asked.

 

Meanwhile with Iris

                                                                            

Iris’s POV

I can’t believe Onew. He made a bet on me and he tried to lie about it. My heart hurts too much.

I slowly make my way through the streets, squinting through my tear filled eyes.

“Oh looky here. It’s the ugly black girl, who DARES to date our oppa,” I look up to see the girls who tried to beat me up months ago.

“Leave me alone,” I sternly said.

“Aww she’s crying. What happened? Onew oppa finally realized how ugly and stupid you are and broke up with you?” The second girl said.

I ignored them and kept walking.

“YA! We’re talking to you!” The last girl said and yanked my hair and pulled me back. All three of them began punching and kicking me at the same time. I managed to block all of them until I felt a punch to the back of my head, knocking me down.

“IRIS!” I heard two voices that sounded like Minho and Mia’s. Before I could confirm, the world turned black.

 


A/N

I'm so sorry it took me so long to update. This past week has been really crappy and stressful...ughh... I couldn't get myself to make a new chapter, until now.

So, commenteu to make me feel better!

Question: What is your favorite corny joke?

If you haven't, check out my tumblr :3


Oh I'm planning to write a new story after this one. I won't update it until I'm done this one. So for right now, go subscribe and read the info here:

Don't Leave