Eighteen.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

 

Onew’s POV

Oh my goodness. Please God don’t let me make a full of myself in of her father!

I looked down at the bouquet of white flowers I had in my hands.

Hopefully she’ll like these.

Ding. The elevator door opened.

I carefully walked out of the elevator and peeked down the hallway.

It’s empty. I would be so awkward if her father walked out into the hallway.

I make my way down the hallway and, alas I see her door. Immediately my heart begins to pound against my chest. I lift my hand to knock but I stop myself.

What if her father doesn’t like me?

Dude, you’re going to have to man up if you want to go on a date with Iris. Do you want to go on a date with her?

Yes, I do!

Well then knock on that door and face her father.

I muster up my courage and lightly knock and ring the doorbell. Soon after, the door opens and I see her very intimidating father.

“Oh so you must be the boy who’s trying to take out my daughter tonight,” Her father said.

“Ah ye. Hello Mr. Arcadia, my name is Lee Jinki and I’m here to take your daughter out,” I replied, trying hard not to pee on myself.

“Well, Jinki, come inside and let’s have a chat. Iris is not ready yet,” Her father responded.

He opened up the door wider and let me inside.

Wow, they have a really nice house.

“Come sit right here,” Her father said motioning to the couch and he sat down in the seat opposite of me. He began to observe me. I began to fidget under his judgmental eyes.

Onew, Be strong, Be strong…

“So son, what are your intentions with my daughter?” he asked.

“Ummm… I would like to take her out and treat her to dinner… if you would allow it,” I cautiously answered.

“Hmmm... we’ll see.. How are your grades in school?” He asked.

“They’re pretty good. I’m ranked second in our grade,” I humbly replied.

I could see a small smile tugging on his face, but he kept his composure.

“Where will you be taking Iris?”

“The new Italian restaurant my uncle opened. It’s not too far from here,” I replied with a smile.

“Any place else?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Umm maybe we’ll get ice cream, if Iris wants any.”

“And after that you’ll bring her straight home? Home? Or a hotel?” He quickly asked.

“Yes!.. WAIT NO, not a hotel.. home,” I immediately replied.

Way to screw up there…ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

“Have you ever had ,” he quickly asked.

What?!?

Surprised by his question, I accidentally choked on my spit.

“No, sir. No, I haven’t,” I replied.

“Good. If you try this with my daughter, I will hunt yo-“

“DADDY! Stop trying to scare Onew oppa,” Iris quickly came in and interrupted.

I looked up towards the sound of her voice and as soon as I saw her, I stopped breathing. Iris looked incredibly beautiful.

I looked down at my clothes. I looked back up at her

I look so blah next to her… way to screw up again…

I couldn’t take my eyes off of her, until Mia said something.

“I know she looks amazing…Dude, stop drooling,” Mia said with a laugh.

I swiftly touch the side of my mouth.

“I was just joking,” Mia chuckled.

I cautiously walked over to Iris.

“You look beautiful,” I said and handed her the flowers. She instantly began to blush and accepted the flowers. She took a whiff of the flowers.

“Thanks these are pretty,” Iris replied and she handed the flowers to Mia.

“Daddy, I guess it’s time for us to leave,” Iris said.

“I still haven’t given my permission yet,” Daddy teased.

“Daddy pwease,” Iris pouted.

“……ugh FINE,” and he turned to Onew. “Make sure she’s home no later than 11:00 or else the next time your parents will see you, will be in a body bag,” Her father sternly replied.

“Daddy!” Iris whined.

“Iris, have fun… but not too much fun,” Her father said with a smile.

“Thank you so much sir,” I said and we walked out of the apartment. 

As soon as we walked out the door, I released a breath that I did not know I was holding.

“You were holding your breath?” Iris chuckled.

“I guess I was. Iris, your father is ridiculously scary. Woah, I thought I was going to pee on myself,” I seriously replied.

Iris began to laugh and she didn’t stop until we were out of the apartment complex.

“Was it really that funny?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes, it was. So where are we going, my dearest boyfriend?” Iris said emphasizing ‘dearest boyfriend’.

”It’s a surprise.”

 

Iris’s POV

We hailed a taxi and got out in front of an Italian restaurant with a long line in front of it.

“Onew oppa, the line seems pretty long. Do you think we’ll get in?” I asked.

“Yeah we’ll get in, trust me,” Onew said with a smile and took my hand.

As we were passing on of the people in the line, they began to stare at Onew and I and whisper to each other. I overheard one couple whine about how we were shamelessly cutting the line. I looked back over at Onew, who was walking to a guy at the front door and we were ushered inside and given a table on the roof with a beautiful view.

“Wow, this table is amazing. How did you get it?” I asked.

“Well, this is actually my uncle’s restaurant and he was a little too excited that I was going on a date, so he reserved this table for us,” Onew replied with a shrug.

A waiter came in and gave us our menus. I picked mine up and gasped at the prices.

“Duddde, this is expensive,” I gasped.

“Don’t worry about it. Get anything you want. It’s on the house,” Onew smirked.

“If that’s the case then, I get the chicken parmesan. This looks really good,” I drooled.

Onew smiled and the waiter came back to our table with a picture of water.

“Are you ready to order,” the waiter said while he was filling our cups.

“Yes we are. Two orders of chicken parmesan, please,” Onew replied.

“Is that all?”

“Yes, it is.” The waiter walked away from our table.

“I may have told you this before, but you really look beautiful tonight,” Onew said.

I blushed so hard.

“Well aren’t you a flatterer… heheh. You look pretty good yourself,” I replied.

“So why was Daddy asking you about ?” I laughed.

“He probably was under the impression that I was going to steal you away and you up,” Onew replied.

“Hahah, me up? I highly doubt that. He probably sent Mia to spy on us,” I replied.

He probably did….

I looked down at my phone and texted Mia.

From: Iris

To: Mia

Hey where are you? Are you spying on us?

____________________________________

From: Mia

To: Iris

Oh how did you know.. lol

I’m over here.

I looked up and saw a table at the corner with Mia waving towards us. I laughed and tapped Onew.

“Look, Mia’s here,” I said.

“Really?”  Onew looked over his shoulder, waved to Mia and laughed.

Daddy…. smh

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Getting sick with pneumonia for two weeks is not fun. Finally I get to go out the house and go on a date …. With this random girl, that’s been asking me for weeks…. But this will buy me time to figure out how to get Iris to kiss me...Now I have to stop by Minho’s place first.

I walk through the door and say, “Guess who’s back?”

“Jonghyun hyung!!!” Taemin yelled and ran over and hugged me.

He suddenly jumped back.

“Are you still sick?”

“No, I’m better now. I have a date tonight,” I said with a smug smile.

“Well you’re not the only one,” Key said.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Onew hyung’s on a date… with Iris,” Minho replied.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?

“WHAT THE HELL?!? He’s not allowed to date her… he didn’t even kiss her!” I replied.

“Oh yes he did!” Minho said with a smile

What did I miss these past two weeks?!?!?! That bastard took advantage of my absence and stole Iris from me. I’m going to get her back.

“So where did he take her?” I angrily asked.

“His uncle’s new Italian restaurant,” Taemin replied.

“Uhhh guys, I gotta go,” I said and hurried out.

“You better no ruin their date,” Minho yelled after me.

Oh yes, I will..

 


A/N

Long chapter!

Yeah i know.. Jonghyun randomly got sick. Sorry I was caught up in Onew/Iris and Minho/Mia romance that I completely forgot about him lol

So some serious-ish gonna be happenin' soon! XD

It's my birthday! Thats's soo cool.. 18th chapter for my 18th birthday!!

Initiate party time!

Question: What's your favorite movie(s)?

Mine are A Little Princess (1995) and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001) 

*The first is American and the latter is Bollywood*

I'll update soon! Commenteu!! Nanlinaaaaaa (Sorry Block B's been stuck in my head for the past week)


Oh! So a close friend of mine just started writing a fanfic, not too long ago, and I would appreciate it if you guys would read it and support her!!

Here's the link:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/133014/protect-taemin-bullying-shinee-shinhwa-taemin-you-exo-kai