Seven.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

Jonghyun’s POV

“Oh it’s getting late, I have to get home before my Daddy comes.” Iris said.

“Ok see you later,” we said and waved goodbye.

“Okay I guess I should go home too now, I gotta study for this math test that’s coming up soon,” Taemin said.

“Yeah I gotta study too.. alright let’s go home, we’ll talk tomorrow,” Key said.

We all agreed and said our goodbyes. Taemin, Minho, and Key walked in one direction and Onew hyung and I walked in the direction that Iris went.

“Hyung…” I said.

“Huh?” Onew questioned.

“I think I’m starting to like Iris…” I trailed off.

Onew quickly swung his head suddenly in a shocked expression, but quickly changed it to an amused expression.

“Really? Wow, I did not know from all the times you hit on her,” Onew sarcastically said.

“Hyung, this time it’s different…I think I’m starting to like Iris.. I feel differently when I’m around her than I’m with other girls” I said.

“Isn’t this too soon? And you have been with a lot of girls… A LOT,” Onew said.

“I GET it… And I only hit on her because that’s what I naturally do towards girls.” I retorted.

Onew sighed.

“I don’t want you to mess with her feelings. You’ve broke girls hearts in the past and I don’t want this to happen to her,” Onew said.

Why is he saying this? He usually doesn’t care.

Why? Do YOU like Iris?” I asked.

“Uhh well I….” Onew began.

As Onew began to talk, I heard a voice that was coming from a dark alley.

"Yeah right, let’s get her,” the other girl said.

I narrowed my eyes to see who was getting beat by three other girls and it looked like –

IRIS!

“IT’S IRIS!” I said to Onew.

“GET AWAY FROM HER!” Onew yelled.

All of the girls turned their heads towards Onew’s voice and we began to run towards them.  Onew began to pull the girls off of her and I pulled her away and hugged her.

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

“Jonghyun?” Iris said out of breath and winced at the pain coming from her stomach.

“Oppas, you belong to us, NOT that ugly girl over there. She’s trying to get close to you and take you away from us,” one of the girls desperately said.

“LEAVE HER ALONE AND DON’T YOU DARE CALL HER UGLY,” Onew said in the angriest voice I’ve ever heard him said.

They looked back at Iris, scoffed and ran away. Onew turned around and crouched down towards us.

“Are you okay? Can you stand?” Onew asked.

“Uh..” Iris said.

She tried to stand but her legs fell through. Before she fell to the ground, I managed to catch her and pull her back up. I supported her while she limped out of the alley. We found a bench where she could sit down and rest.

“Are you okay?” I asked her once again.

“My right leg and my stomach hurts… man what did I do? I was just walking and minding my own business, then BAM!  These random girls start yelling at me for “taking you guys away from them” and then they start beating me up. Ughh I need to get home before Daddy sees me like this..” Iris said.

“I’ll take you home,” Onew and I said at the same time.

Onew and I looked at each other.

“Where do you live?” Onew asked.

“I live three blocks down that street,” Iris said while pointing.

“That’s great I can take you. I live closer than Onew hyung. It’s no problem.” I said.

Onew sighed heavily and said, “Okay, Jonghyun take her home safely.”

“I will,” I said to Onew and said, “Iris, let’s get you home.”

“Okay,” and I helped her up and we started walking to her house.

After a fifteen minute walk, we quietly arrived at her apartment complex.

Wow, she lives here? She must be rich!

I helped her into the elevator and she pressed the button that said, 15. Once the elevator opened, she guided me towards her apartment door. Right before she entered her code into the keypad, I stopped her.

“Iris? “ I said.

“Huh?” Iris replied

“Ummm, this is the first time I ever did this.. *awkwardly laughs*… Iris, I’m sorry I hit on you and acted like a jerk earlier and said that “we belonged together”. It was just that you were  very beautiful and sometimes I can’t help but to act that way. And when I saw you today getting hurt, I had to protect you *sigh* what I’m trying to say is that… can. I. get to know you better?” I said.

“Wow, thanks for the complement…*chuckles* owww....umm…. I guess we can be friends and get to know each other.” Iris replied and smiled.

Whew! One step closer to her heart…

Great… umm get better and good night. I’ll see you tomorrow at school.” I said.

“Alright, thanks for everything, Jonghyun Oppa,” Iris said.

She called me Jonghyun Oppa! YESSSSSSSSS!

I smiled at her and walked back into the elevator.

Yes, she doesn’t think I’m a jerk anymore!! Now hopefully soon I can change from my current friend status to b-o-y-f-r-i-e-n-d status….. hmm did hyung ever answer my question? I hope he doesn’t like her too. But he did seem nervous when I asked him that question.. I’ll guess I can ask him sometime later.

 

Onew’s POV

Man, Jonghyun likes her too?!? Wait…. I like her?

Already? It’s only been one day.

Well I’ve never been interested in a girl except now….Ughhhhh….. How could I be so stupid and let Jonghyun take her home alone... That should’ve been me…me! Now he knows where she lives.. Why do I have to live farther away? DARN YOU PARENTS, DARN YOU!

*sigh* I wonder how she’s feeling.. I hope she gets better… should I bring her something tomorrow? Hmm…

 


A/N

It's 12:54 A.M. blahhh..

Hmmm.. for some reason I feel like i'm rushing this :/

Woah, this is the first chapter that includes a Jonghyun POV and doesn't include an Iris POV...

 

Sooooooooooooo..... 어땠어요? (How was it?)

Question: What do you want to happen? 

COMMENT PWEASE!