Six.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

Onew’s POV

Couple of hours later, school ended. As we began to walk out of the school campus, the guys and I began to talk.

“So what are you guys doing later? Do you want to get some ice cream……… and some c-h-i-c-k-e-n?” I asked cautiously.

“Yes for the ice cream…. And a no for the chicken,” Key said.

“I agree with Key hyung. I don’t feel like eating chicken.” Minho said.

“Fine, I’ll just get some BY MYSELF later,” I scoffed.

“Oh, isn’t that Iris? Let’s ask her to come eat ice cream with us.” Taemin excitedly said.

Before we could respond, Taemin ran off towards Iris.

Aigoo….

 

Iris’s POV

As I began to walk home I heard a voice call me from behind. I turned around to see who it was. I saw a group of five guys, but one of them was running and frantically waving at me; it was Taemin.

“Hey Taemin, what’s up?” I said.

“I have two questions: 1. Can you call me Oppa? and 2.  Do you want to go get some ice cream with me and the guys?” Taemin asked while panting.

“Oppa? Okay… Taemin Oppa. Sure I’d like to come eat ice cream with you guys. Wait, is Jonghyun coming with you guys?” I questioned.

“Yeah he is, but ill try to keep hyung away from you,” Taemin said with a smile.

I smiled back at him and walked up to the guys. After a 10 minute walk, we arrived at Baskin Robins.

“Iris, what do  you want?” Taemin asked.

“Umm, Taemin Oppa, I want cookie dough ice cream, “I said with a smile.

All the guys looked at me strangely, except Taemin who had the biggest smile on his face.

“…Oppa?!?!” Jonghyun said out of shock.

“Yep, I’m her oppa,” Taemin said.

“But you were supposed to call me oppa first?” Jonghyun argued.

“Since when?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Since the day we met because were MEANT TO BE TOGETHER..” He said as he made a heart with his hands.

I scoffed at him and Onew hit him at the back of his head.

“YAH!” Jonghyun yelled.

“Stop being stupid Jonghyun.. Oh okay I want the same thing as Iris,” Onew said to Jonghyun and the ice cream shop employee.

“Oooh I want chocolate fudge, “Taemin said.

“I want a banana split and Jonghyun wants strawberry ice cream,” Key said.

“And can I have mint chocolate chip ice cream?” Minho said to the employee.

“Okay, it’ll be here in about 5 minutes,” the employee said.

While we waited, we decided to find an empty table near a big window.

 

Onew’s POV

“Taemin Oppa….” Iris’s voice rang in my head.

Oppa.. oppa… Oppa. WHAT THE HELL? How come he’s the first one that she calls Oppa…

*scoff*

…Why not me?

“Iris, is it okay if you call all of us oppa?” Minho asked.

Well done Minho, well done… extra chicken for you.

“Uh sure its fine.. Minho OPPA.” Iris said.

 

Iris’s POV

“So, It is tell us more about New York.” Minho said.

“Umm well It’s a little bit busier than Seoul. I’ve lived there my whole life with just me and my father. I love it there, there’s so much to do, especially shopping with my best friend, Mia.” I said.

“You love shopping too?” Key chimed in.

“Yeah, of course, only when I’m not lazy enough… hehhe.” I said.

“Sometime, I have to take you to some of the best stores here in Seoul.” Key said.

“Your ice cream is ready.” The employee said.

Onew got up and got our ice cream. While we were eating our ice cream, I began to tell them more stories of how I met and became best friends with Mia.

“HAHAHA so the kid pushed Mia down on the playground and you ran up to him and punched him in the face? BWHAHAH” Minho said while laughing.

“Yeah I had to, he was a jerk anyways.” I said.

“Are you guys done? I’m ready to leave.” Jonghyun asked.

Once we were done, we began walking home. On the way, we saw an empty playground.

“Oooh can we go on the playground? I’m starting to miss playing on them.” I asked.

“Yeah sure,” Taemin said getting approval from his hyungs.

I grabbed Taemin’s hand and ran towards the playground. I saw a beam that reminded me of a balance beam.

“Hey oppas, bet you can’t do this, “ I said.

I jumped on the beam and began to do a routine that I learned when I was doing gymnastics. For the ending, I decided to do a back handspring, two feet back tuck dismount.

“WOAAAAAAAAAAAAHH DAEBAK!!” All of the boys exclaimed.

“Woah how did you do that?” Minho asked.

“I used to be a gymnast for a long time… from when I was 3 until last year? Yeah.” I said.

“You’re so good. Why did you stop?” Minho asked again.

“Hmm well, I broke my ankle last year because I fell on it. After that I knew It would take long for me to get back to my highest skill level, so I decided to stop. It was fun, except the parts where I was always sore and falling off of apparatuses.” I said.

“I know how you feel… well about the falling all the time part,” Onew said.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah, Onew hyung falls all the time… It’s part of his condition.” Key said.

“Condition?” I questioned.

“Whatever he does, it Onew condition,” all of them except Onew sang.

“HAHAHAH, really?” I said while laughing.

“Yeah, he falls all the time, says jokes that no one understands, and have cravings for chicken.” Jonghyun said.

“Woah, same thing happens to me, except the falling all the time parts only happens when I’m doing gymnastics.” I said.

“You love chicken too?” Onew asked.

“Of course, I love chicken! Who doesn’t?!” I asked.

“My point EXACTLY!!” Onew said and gave me a high five.

“Oh its getting late, I have to get home before my Daddy comes.” I said.

“Ok see you later,” they all said.

As I began walking down the street I decided to listen to some music.

Remember the time, when we fell in love….

Next thing I knew, I was being pushed into a dark alley with the girls standing around me.

“This ugly black girl think she can take SHINee away from us,” one of them said.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about. I’m not trying to take away the guys away from anyone.” I said, while trying to push through them.

“Yeah right, the oppa's belong to us," the other two girls said.

What's up with people saying other people belong to them, is this a Korean thing?

"I don't have time for this. Let me go." I said.

"Yeah right, lets get her,” the other girl said.

They began to throw punches at me from left and right. I managed to dodge all of them and kick the biggest girl in the face. When I went to turn around, one of the girls punched me in my stomach, knocking me into the wall.

“GET AWAY FROM HER!” I heard a familiar voice yelled. All of us turned our heads and saw two figures at the opening of the alley. They ran up to us and one of them started pulling the girls off of me, while the other pulled me away and hugged me.

“Are you okay?”

 Jonghyun?!?!                                                                                                               


A/N

It feels wierd not updating in a couple of days... hmmm. So how was the chapter?? The story may pick up little bit now. :)

"Whatever he does, it's Onew Condition (Sangtae)."

Doesn't the last pic remind you of a baby chick? XDD