Twenty Three.

Just Let Me Get To Know You

 

Iris’s POV

I slowly open my eyes to see a bright light right above me.

What happened? Where am I?..... AM I DEAD?

I take in my surroundings.

I’m in a bed… there’s machines beeping next to me… I’m in a hospital?

I try to move my hands so I could sit up, but I notice that Daddy was holding my hand while he slept. My hand movement jerked him awake and he moved closer to my side.

“Oh my God, She’s awake. Mia! Get in here,” Daddy yelled.

Mia rushed in.

“IRIS!” Mia quickly hugged me and I winced at the pain coming from the back of my neck.

“Oh, I’m sorry. How are you feeling? You’ve been out for almost a week. WAIT! Do you recognize me?” Mia cautiously asked.

A week? O.O

“…. Yeah, how could I not know who you are. You’re Mia. You’re my best friend. Why?” I asked.

Wait a minute…. What is she doing here? Shouldn’t she be in New York?

Maybe she flew in because I’m the hospital?

“The doctor said that there might be a chance of amnesia, but he was wrong.” Daddy smiled.

“Oh okay… I feel fine but this throbbing pain on my side and neck.” I replied.

A tall, handsome figure walked in the room and rushed towards my bedside.

“IRIS! I’m glad you’re okay. I gotta tell the guys,” he said.

Which guys? Who is he and what is he talking about?

“Okay…umm Mia, who is he?” I said pointing to him.

“Iris, you know who he is. This is Minho… my boyfriend and your friend,” Mia said.

“If he was your boyfriend,I would’ve known. Nice to meet you, Minho,” I said with a smile.

“What is happening?.. No, no. This can’t be,” Mia frantically said.

“Iris, what do you remember?”

“Ummm… getting ready for my first day of school tomorrow… well since I’ve been out for a week.. .. so I guess last week,” I chuckled.

I looked up towards Mia and Daddy, to see that they were both looking at each other with grim looks on their faces. They turned their heads towards me.

“What’s going on? What’s wrong?” I asked,

Mia sniffled. “No, nothing. Everything is fine. Umm.. . just lay down and go back to sleep,” Mia said pushing me back down.

“We’ll be outside if you need us Iris,” Daddy said and kissed my forehead. I gave him a small smile and closed my eyes.

I wonder what’s going on right now…

 

Mia’s POV

I can’t believe she lost her memory. If only we came sooner, we could’ve prevented that from happening.

I leaned back against the wall and started crying. Minho came to my side and hugged me.

"It'll be okay. She will remember us."

 

Flashback

 

Minho and I were searching the streets for Iris after we heard that she ran out of school.

“What happened to Iris?” I turned and asked Minho.

“Jonghyun hyung told Iris that it was Onew hyung’s idea to make a bet about who ever kisses her first would be able to date her.”

A Bet?!?

“A bet? Did he?”

“No, it was all Jonghyun hyung’s fault. Onew hyung didn’t want to do it, but Jonghyun hyung’s egotistical self egged him on to do it. And now Iris won’t believe Onew and she broke up with him.”

That bastard…

“I gotta find her. We need to clear up this mess,” I said.

Where is she?

“Where could she be? This is all Jonghyun’s fault. If he just listened to me, this would’ve never happened.” Minho muttered.

JONGHYUN! Once I find Iris, I’m going to kick your .

In the distance, we hear scuffling, which sounded like someone was fighting. I began to walk closer towards them and I noticed that three girls were punching and kicking a girl. The girl that was getting beat up turned around and it was Iris. One of the girls took that opportunity and punched Iris in the back of the head.

“IRIS!” Minho and I shouted and Iris felt to the ground, knocked unconscious.

IRIS!

I quickly ran to them and took the girls out one by one, while Minho quickly picked Iris up and carried her away. All three of them were laid out on the ground with bloody noses and bruised faces.

“IF YOU EVER MESS WITH IRIS ONE MORE TIME, I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU WILL NEVER SEE DAYLIGHT AGAIN.  DO YOU HEAR ME?” I yelled. All three of them replied yes in muffled groans. My phone ran; it was Minho.

“I’m at the hospital right now. I called her dad and the guys.  She suffered a massive blow to the back of the head. That’s all they told us so far,” Minho said.

“Oh my goodness. I’m on my way,” I replied and hung up.

 

End of flashback

 

Onew’s POV

Minho just texted me that she’s awake, but she doesn’t remember him… that means she probably won’t remember me…. This is all Jonghyun’s fault.

I hurry up the steps into the hospital. As I turn around the corner, I see Jonghyun, leaned over in his chair.

What is he doing here?

I walk right past him towards he elevators. He noticed me and grabbed my arm.

“Let me go!”

“Hyung, I’m sorry,” Jonghyun said in a remorseful tone.

“You’re sorry? YOU’RE SORRY?!? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT. IF YOU DIDN’T LIE TO IRIS… SHE WOULDN’T BE IN THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW WITH AMNESIA!” I yelled, gaining looks from people all around us.

“What? Amnesia?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yes, amnesia. She doesn’t remember anything after the first day she came to Korea… I hope you’re happy with how your revenge turned out” I scoffed and walked away.

"I never meant this to happen," I heard Jonghyun mutter.

 


A/N

Comment!

I have a confession to make: I lied.. 거짓말! For those who haven't seen, I updated my new story. I had an urge to write a chpater for it, but I didn't want to keep it to myself, so I posted it.. I might update that story tonight... hmmmm


Okay EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING! Did you stop? Why are you still moving? =.= ...... okay everyone, you have to go read Musician's story (she doesn't know I'm doing this), Breaking Point. It is soooooooo good. You will not regret it.. It may start off slow, but continue reading it.... ^.^

Now I'm done. You're free to move.. teehee