Chapter 9

Me, Myself and The Busan Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 9: That empty space felt hollow and cold

Word Count: 1425 words

 

I didn’t bother turning back to look at Jungkook once more. Maybe it was due to the overwhelming anger mixed with disappointment that forced me not to spare him one last glance. Oh, goddammit, there's Chemistry class after break.

 

.

 

“Ahreum, wait up!”

 

I didn’t stop. Why should I?

 

“Ahreum, please.” I knew I couldn’t surpass his speed. Damn, him and his long legs. “I need space, alright.” I quickly whipped around to face him. He went silent, thus I took the opportunity to push past him, my bag swinging from side to side in rhythmic motion as I swerved my way around Jungkook.

 

“Please.” He caught my arms, turning me around to look at him once more. But I flinched at his touch. “I just didn’t want to take sides, alright.” He was looking into my orbs with so much emotion and I knew he was telling the truth. He didn’t want to be caught in the middle to choose a side. I get it, but it didn’t change the fact that he didn’t trust me. I thought we were friends at the very least. I wasn’t even expecting him to love me.

 

“Let’s … just go to class. We’re late for Chemistry lesson.” I whispered, leaving him dumbfounded.

 

His persistency came to rest when he realised I needed space and I glad he realised that. A day away from Jungkook felt different – a slight breath of fresh air yet the feeling of loneliness is still present, nevertheless. I guess he played a huge a part of my life to an extent whereby loneliness is bound to be felt and it was inevitable. No more awaited messages or goofing around during Chemistry lessons – as a matter-of-fact, he sat a row away from where I was seated. Things didn’t go back as per normal or rather we let our friendship drift off. Someone’s bound to be left behind and someone’s bound to leave. It can happen to anyone. Likewise, I walked away from this detrimental friendship first. We were practically strangers from then onwards. Eyes avoiding each other, breaking out into a cold sweat when we were in close proximity, awkward silences during history lessons. Yoongi was a little overwhelmed with the sudden silence that broke out in the group but he never the addressed the indifference to avoid any discomfort.

 

"Jungkook is still walking Seulgi home," Eunha spoke, now not even surprised.

 

“Yeah, I’ve seen Seulgi waiting for him outside our class these days. It’s his life. He can do whatever he wants” I shrugged but deep down I was feeling conflicted.

 

It took me a while to adjust life without Jungkook’s presence but it worked out well. Sure, I felt the loneliness amplified after his absence in my life but I distracted myself. Because I was lonely I missed him, and because I missed him I was lonelier. I spent more time studying and took the time making other friends. I started texting a bunch of the members of the planning committee now that the announcement of the leadership roles is nearing.

 

I even began to get closer to Min Yoongi, the boy I once thought was just plain moody and grumpy but boy, I was wrong. My once perceived demeanour of him changed 180 degrees once I get to know him even more. When I thought Jungkook was flirtatious, Yoongi was twice of that – even worse.

 

[11:37 pm] Yoongi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter