Chapter 13

Me, Myself and The Busan Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 13: The People Who Change Me

Word count: 3273 Words

 

Author's Note:

First and foremost, sorry for putting the author's note at the start. Secondly, sorry to everyone who has been waiting for this chapter since I hyped chapter 13 a lot. Sorry guys, the plot twist is in chapter 14 instead and since I gave the wrong info, I will post chapter 14 on tomorrow. Thirdly, god this is the longest chapter I've ever written. Anyways this chapter explains more on what we did during our school break. 

 

 

Do you know how much love teaches you about yourself? Falling in love with Jeon Jungkook made me realise different aspects of myself that I never knew existed or aspects that I tend to overlook. Jungkook brought out my inner protectiveness. I never knew I was protective by nature or at least I know now.

 

[11:30 pm] Kook

Ahreum? I’m in trouble.

I was washing the dishes when the text message popped up on my screen.

 

[11:31 pm] Ahreum

Kook?

What’s up? Is everything alright?

 

I fidget uncomfortably as I examined for any incoming texts. Still no incoming messages from Jungkook. It’s been 10 minutes now and he’s still not replying to any of my messages. Fear and worry began to eat on my nerves. , he left me hanging with an ‘I’m in trouble’ text and now he’s uncontactable. Oh, god, what is happening? I began to frantically pace back and forth in my kitchen, still waiting for my phone to vibrate to at keeping me in check of his well-being. My fingers itched to call him but I resist the temptation not knowing whether it is appropriate to call right now.

 

After another 10 minutes, has passed, and finally a text from Jungkook.

 

[11:42 pm] Kook

I ran away from home…

 

Is he for real? He ran away from home?

 

[11:43 pm] Ahreum

WTH. Whr are u now?

It’s ing 11:43 pm.

Omg. Are u alright?

 

[11:44 pm] Kook

I’ll call.

 

As soon as I heard his sigh from the other end of the call, I bombarded him with questions, not even giving him a chance to explain the situation. I did have a legitimate reason for being nosy because hell, he was stranded in the city near midnight. Isn’t that worrying? The world is such a dangerous place. 

 

“Calm down, jeez.” He chuckled.

 

I lost control and snapped at his laughter. “Yah! This is no time to laugh. You are ing stranded and it's near midnight! Do you know how dangerous it can be? Where are you going to sleep tonight? What about your parents? Do you have money with you?” I hissed as I rambled on and on. 

 

“You’re cute when you get all worked up.” He simply laughed once more. He must have gone bonkers right now. Maybe he’s drunk. Or he’s just hiding his anguish with humour. I don’t know why he’s taking this lightly but I’m in no mood to play along with his jokes.

 

“Yah! Jeon Jungkook!”, my temper flaring.

 

“Alright, don’t worry. I have some money and I’m planning to stay over at a Jjimjilbang*. I’ll probably be back by tomorrow night. I just don’t want to deal with my parents right now, okay. They’re being unreasonable and I’m not in the right state to go home as of now.”

 

“Aish. Just take care of yourself, alright? And you better be home by nine a night tomorrow.” I sighed. He can be immature at times. And for most of it, I would have to clean up his mess. But I knew he wouldn’t have run away from home if it wasn’t necessary. It’s probably the same old problem once more – him missing out on his cram school. It has been happening for a while now but Jungkook has set his mind on pursuing music as his major in college despite his parents’ protests against it. This must have caused the whole ruckus, forcing Jungkook to run away from home for a day or two. However, this was the first time he resolved into fleeing away from home. Maybe this time, it was gravely serious – to the point, it left Jungkook with no choice but to escape from reality for some time.

 

“Hey, why don’t you hang out with me there?”

 

“What?” I asked once more, taken aback at his suggestion.

 

“Hang out with me here, at the Jjimjilbang.” He sniggered, probably enjoying how my voice transitioned into a high pitch tone due to the sudden invitation.

 

It took me a while to recompose myself. “But it’s nearly midnight. And my mum probably won’t allow me to go out this late.”

 

“No, trust me, your mum wouldn’t mind.”

 

Baffled, I knitted my brows together. Jeon Jungkook thinks he knows my mum better than I do? Heck, my mum and I are really close – closer than I will ever be to another human being. I tell her everything and anything and same goes for her. It’s a relationship bond that I am very proud of, knowing how teenagers usually have a sour relationship with their parents. “Jungkook, she’s my mum. I know her well enough to know she won’t permit me to leave the house past midnight – especially not with a person of the opposite .” My mum is very strict when it comes to setting ground rules, making sure I abide it. It literally took me three days full of convincing and persuading to finally get her permission to attend BTS’s concert. And to think she will agree to this; I think not.

 

“Come on, give it a try.” He refuted. Jeon Jungkook seriously thinks that a few visits to my house and a few flattering conversations with my mum would allow him to be an exception to her rules? Jungkook must really have underestimated my mum.

 

“Sorry to burst your bubble when I come back with a definite ‘no’ from my mum.”

 

“Just ask your mum. Quick.” He shooed.

 

I put down my phone with a sigh. This kid really does not know how to give up and move on. Doesn’t he get it?

 

“Mum?” I murmured. “Are you still awake?”

 

“Yes, what is it, Ahreum?” My mum was still in bed, watching a re-run of her favourite classic Korean drama while my dad has already dozed off to dreamland with his soft snoring resonating the room.

 

“Ah, mum. Well…” I twirled the drawstrings of my sweatpants, not knowing how to converse all of a sudden. I went mute for a while as I constantly avoided her gaze. “Ahreum?” She called my name, making sure I was still intact with the question I was meaning to ask her. “Well, Jungkook… he asked if I want to hang out with him at the jjimjilbang, a couple blocks from here.” I my dry lips before elaborating, “He ran away from because he had a huge fight with his parents so he wanted me to keep him company.”

 

“Yeah, sure.” She plainly said.

 

My fingers slipped past my drawstrings of my sweatpants, eyes wide, mouth parted, shock resonating on every inch of his face. “W-what’d you just say, mum?”

 

“You can go.”

 

My brows furrowed together as I stood back, shock slowly fading into a look of pure bewilderment. “But it’s midnight? And he’s a guy? You do know that he’s a boy right?”, my perplexed expression only grew further. Is this for real? She must be joking.

 

“Yeah, I trust Jungkook enough to let him take care of you. And right now, he must be in need of comfort and company, so I’ll give you the permission to go.” She repeated herself once more.

 

“That’s it?”

 

“Yeah. Just be back by tomorrow evening.”

 

Okay, what the hell did Jungkook do to my mum? What sorcery is this? Did his sweet talks with my mother every time he visited actually worked? This is unbelievable. Even my mum was smitten by Jungkook’s charisma – how is this possible.

 

"Alright, move along sweetie, I want to watch my drama." My mum swatted my arm, asking me to move along. My mum is asking me to scoot over so that she can have the full view of the television but care less about her daughter going out with her male best friend at midnight? This doesn't add up! 

 

I picked up the unattended phone, “Jungkook, you still there?”

 

“Yeah, so how was it?” He eagerly inquired.

 

“She said yes,” I answered, still in disbelief.

 

“See, I hate to say it, ‘I told you so’.” He chortled. “Anyways, I’m reaching your house in a minute. Wait for me, alright? We’ll walk to the jjimjilbang together. It’s dangerous for my little sister to w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter