Chapter 5

Me, Myself and The Busan Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5: Jealousy is an ugly colour on you

Word count: 1489 words

 

 

“Class, please gather!” My homeroom teacher announced. The chitter chatter toned down at the sudden announcement. It was the time of the month again when the class is scheduled to give back to the community by helping the school hand flyers around town. It was to raise awareness about our school’s charity work. Our homeroom teacher was actively trying to help Boyoung, our class vice chairman, handle the programme since she couldn’t manage it alone without the class chairman – the class chairman was absent. She had to step up and take charge but it was obvious she was having difficulties doing so alone. Knowing how hard it is to manage a class of 40 persons or so, I was about to come to her aid. But I wasn’t quick enough.

 

Jeon Jungkook, offered a hand before I could. He helped her carry the boxes around to planning the arrangement of the tasks to keeping the class’ noise levels at the minimum – he did everything he possibly could to lessen Boyoung’s workload. He practically helped out with the entirety of the event, taking charge of the chairman’s role. Nevertheless, it was considerate of him to do so, to help a vulnerable friend at times like these. But I couldn’t fight off this feeling – the feeling of sickness flooding my stomach at his friendly yet flirtatious gestures. It clenched my heart in ways I couldn’t imagine. Am I jealous? But it couldn’t be, I am in no position to feel jealous towards Boyoung? And heck, how can I only see red when clearly Jungkook’s intentions were pure and innocent. What’s wrong with me - what’s wrong with my heart?

 

Jungkook was sincerely helping his friend, shaking my head to abstain myself from assuming such unfavourable thoughts. I shouldn’t think otherwise.

 

And even if it was a flirtatious gesture, who I am to feel jealous? I’m in no position to do so.

 

“Boyoung has decided to group the class according to your history groupings. Boyoung, you can take it from here.” My homeroom teacher gestured her to stand in front of the class, to take the lead. “And I expect a hundred percent participation and cooperation from everyone,” He seethed at the class as he narrowed his eyes, making sure everyone took note of his warning before he made his way to the back. He watched from the sidelines, making sure the class was on our best behaviour as Boyoung and Jungkook briefed the class of what was expected of them throughout the activity. Jungkook could pass off as the class chairman.

 

“Guys, we’re going to hand out the flyers near the train station, there.” Jungkook rushed his words. “I have to help Boyoung out so you guys go without me.” Yoongi, Eunha and I nodded as Jungkook passed us a stack of flyers before sending us off.

 

“. Trying to make it obvious he’s trying to flirt with Boyoung.” Yoongi’s voice laced with venom, annoyance clear in his voice. Eunha and I didn’t say much as we listened to his sudden mumblings throughout the journey to the train station but we clearly couldn’t hide our shock expressions. His every word coming out of his lips were filled with so much hostility towards his best friend that it resonates shock waves throughout our bodies. Yoongi and Jungkook are very close buddies, everyone in class knew of that fact. Thus, hearing such inimical words about his best friend coming out from his mouth sure caught us off guard. Throughout the hour of giving out the flyers, Yoongi was moody – that being said, he is always moody but today was different.

 

He was petulant.

 

After dismissal, Eunha and I headed home together. Other than be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter