Chapter 7

Me, Myself and The Busan Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 7: Unrequited love usually ends in failure

Word Count: 1760 words

 

With the help of the seniors, the problem was under control, no more disputes from now onwards – at least I hope there isn’t any after this. But I couldn’t get rid of the constant negative thoughts that the seniors now see me as the incompetent member of the committee – it began to haunt me every now and then. They’re probably regretting their decision of making me leader but I wouldn’t fault them, they should rethink their decision since the beginning. I stared at the ground. With every step I took, my mind never failed to think of ways on how to gain their trust once more. I just didn’t want to be seen in a bad light my whole life.

 

“Ahreum?”

 

I turned to my side, only to face to Seulgi catching up to me as she took big strides. A wide smile covering her face while I narrowed my eyes in confusion. “Oh, Seulgi.” I relatively said in a calm voice. I can’t really seem to see her eye to eye ever since the heated argument she had with Chorong. It just gets on my nerves how petty they were to start off a dispute when they could be professional and discussed their differences in opinions in a civilised manner and yet they choose to be barbaric, spitting curses in front of the committee. And my reputation tarnished as a result of their childish-like behaviour.

 

“Great, just the person I want to meet," Seulgi grunted as she threw me a dirty look. I grumbled under my breath, but really, I was too lazy to brush her off like I normally would. “Ahreum, I think you should really improve the way you deal with Chorong.” She sneered.

 

“Look, Seulgi th- “I started but was cut off with Seulgi’s hushing. Looks like she didn’t even bother hearing me out – entirely ignoring my attempt to explain myself.

 

“Is that why the seniors wanted me as the overall in charge in the first place?” She scoffed. There was venom laced in Seulgi’s tone and it made me turn around quickly to face her, eyes twitching at her words but I tried to maintain a neutral expression. I didn’t want to seem weak in front of this . But still, what did she mean?

 

“What…” I trailed off, giving her a confused look as she continued to walk beside me.

 

"You were an obvious second choice. They wanted me to be the leader but since they took pity on you, they decided to give you a chance  – a trial, that’s what I would call it. They knew you couldn’t handle the pressure, and you’re proving them right,” She spits, making me bite the inside of my cheek, not wanting to say anything I would regret. I was fuming but part of me was disappointed with the seniors. They knew I couldn’t do it, yet they blatantly gave me the role. Was it to humiliate me in front of the rest? What the were they thinking?

 

"Oh," I whispered as I try to choke a sob.

 

"By the way, do check your phone. I texted you a long list of what needs to be done as the overall in-charge.” Seulgi spoke as if she was oblivious to the entire situation, which made my pissed of demeanour intensify a thousand times more. She’s really testing me – Kang Seulgi is playing around with my patience. She's lucky I'm not the type to pounce on her. And it's only 7 am, I didn't want to spoil my day tearing her hair of her head which I am capable of if I didn’t have any self-control. Heck, I could literally tear her off piece by piece just to wipe off that ugly smirk off her face.

 

Upon reaching the school gate, she sarcastically waved farewell. “Well, see you around.” She smirked before leaving me devastated after dropping the bomb onto my face. 

 

It took me less than 10 minutes to reach class and spill everything that happened to Eunha. I even prepared receipts, showing her the text Seulgi sent earlier. “Woah, that is really getting to you.” Eunha shook her head, totally fumed by Seulgi’s taunting actions. “How dare she order you around, texting you what you should or should not do. Who the hell does she think she is?” Her eyes hardened.

 

“I know, right.” I plopped onto my seat next to Eunha, sighing in defeat. But truth be told, Seulgi was only speaking the truth. Sure, she said it in a harsh way but it was all true and none of it was a lie. I couldn’t handle the pressure of being the leader and it was a transparent fact. My mouth dried at that thought. “But I’m angrier at the seniors.” I huffed. “They used me, like a lab rat, Ahreum! I’m not some kind of experiment to let them take adva

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter