Chapter 6

Me, Myself and The Busan Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 6: You did your best, isn’t that all that matters?

Word Count: 1573 words

 

The constant texting started once more. And now, it’s beyond my control. It’s as if my whole life depended on waiting for his text replies. I can’t let myself fell in deeper than I already am. I know I am in danger - in danger of letting my feelings for him take over my mind. I, Jang Ahreum, allowed him to snake into my life once more.

 

I am a pathetic fool.

 

It was pathetic to see myself doing an unrequited love.

 

"Look, I'm the emcee. We should stick to my original script!" Seulgi lunged at Chorong. Despite her small figure, Chorong is known for her temperament, and she definitely didn’t let herself fall victim over Seulgi’s torments. It was obvious that anger was growing inside of her.  A fury overtakes Chorong from seeing the broken mess Seulgi has done. “Heck no! I’m in charge of the program team. You do as what I told you!” There’s so much malice in her voice, causing the rest of the committee to shiver in fear, witnessing the cat fight. No one dared to do anything as they watch in awe as to how uncivilised we can be.

 

“ you! Using your authority over me. I’m going to be the one emceeing. I should write the ing script myself!” Seulgi barked back, not wanting to admit defeat. Every word that came out of was fuelling Chorong’s anger.

 

"Hell yeah, I'm using my authority over you!" Chorong tilted her face upwards, showcasing a look of pure anger covering her features, and it made everyone shrink.

 

“, Hoseok. What are we going to do?” I was desperate to end the fight but I couldn’t. It was disrupting the flow of our work and I didn't want any of the members to be at each other's throats like savages. I could see panic rising in his eyes as he tried to find solutions to stop the argument. I’m no better, myself. Truthfully, I get panicky when serious, heated arguments happen before my very own eyes ever since that day my dad had a terrible argument with my uncle. I cried the whole night, feeling terrified after seeing such an ugly argument at the age of 5. I was ghastly scarred after that incident. Ever since then, I avoided arguments as much as I could, till now – apparently. This time around, I couldn’t just run away from the problem. Just like how once the play has started, I realize how unprepared I actually am. If I want to run away, it’s already too late. I’m stumped.

 

“.” The sharp curse left my mouth, barely audible for others to hear. I automatically trap my bottom lip between my teeth to withstand myself from breaking down, as the argument reached its . I was nervous – heck nervous was an understatement, I was petrified. What if the argument ends up into a cat fight next? I didn’t want this to end up in a bloody mess, for goodness sake. It's bad enough for me to witness a blood curling verbal argument, I don't think I can handle physical violence. And I’m quite certain it will, considering how their eyes turned dark as if they were ready for a hands-on duel. The weight of the situation comes crashing down on me. I wasn’t prepared to deal with any of these. I can’t even deal with my own fears so how am I supposed to deal with them? Frustrated with everything that is happening, my hands found their way onto my disheveled hair as they raked them to calm my nerves. , I don't know what to do. I really don't. 

 

“I don’t k-know.” Hoseok stuttered, not sure what to say or do. Guess we're stuck on the same boat, a sinking boat if I may add. 

 

“Guys, come on. Can we talk civilly?” Jungkook stepped up. And surprisingly enough, both the girls kept it down a notch when Jungkook took charge to meddle and be a middleman in this argument. “Kookie-ah, she started it.” Seulgi fluttered her eyelid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter