Chapter 2

Me, Myself and The Busan Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2: Sometimes we are just strangely linked together...

Word Count: 1674 words

 

I guess I said it too soon. I couldn't fade behind the background anymore, not when we had to do group assignments for every history lesson. I still remember how the first history lesson went by. Jungkook and Yoongi; Jungkook's desk mate best friend was miraculously assigned to be in a group with me and Eunha. It didn’t help when the three of them were previously from class 1, making it so obvious how I didn’t fit in. They knew each other, or at least they were familiar with each other’s presence to hold small talks unlike me, lurking at my seat wishing I was confident enough to join in. Yoongi, with his pale complexion and half-opened eyelids, looked uninterested throughout the lesson - as if he was forced to sit through the boring lecture with his group mates. But I wouldn't blame him. Despite enjoying history, the lesson itself was a drag.

 

“So we’re supposed to do Annex A of the worksheet, right?" Eunha initiated to direct the group, being the only one who knew everyone well enough in the team to lead. "Yeah," I replied. "Then maybe Ahreum and I will search for the answers in the textbook while Jungkook, you can start drawing the timeline?"  

 

“Yeah sure. And Yoongi, you can just contribute by napping. We’ll all do just fine without you.” Jungkook patted the smaller boy’s back in a sarcastic manner with a smirk forming on his face. “Thanks for being an , Kook.” He groaned, making the rest of us burst into laughter at his choice of word. That was the moment our eyes met; Jungkook and mine. How his eyes crinkle when he laughed; I could see his eyes glancing in my direction. ! His glances caused me to gulped nervously, as he sent a sideways grin that my made my heartbeat race faster than it ever did in my 18 years living. I cleared my throat after the laughter died down hoping to get rid of the image of Jungkook smiling at me off my mind. That look of his, ever so alluring with his lips curling into a grin. It sent me strange vibes yet it was intensifying at the same time.

 

Get a hold of yourself, you can’t fall for that smile

 

Throughout the lesson, Yoongi really did found a legitimate way to contribute to the group work other than burying his head on the table. It was considerate of him to do so since we all knew he would rather just doze off than complete such work with us. “Guys, is this alright?” Jungkook showed his timeline drawn. Honestly, I was horrified. Not at the quality of his work but rather the quality of his handwriting. It was barely readable. Cancel that, it wasn’t even decipherable. Was this even a human's handwriting to begin with, because it seemed as if he randomly scribbled symbols and shapes rather than alphabets?  Eunha and Yoongi didn't look half as baffled as I was. They're probably used to his rusty handwriting while here I am, being the only one who was bewildered considering how I blurted out "that's some nasty handwriting" out loud instead of saying it internally in my brain. Holy ! I said that out loud, didn't I? Oh . Oh . What tragic luck is this? Even I was shocked at my own blabbermouth for saying those clear and distinct audible words in front of the group. Hastily, I covered my mouth with my hands, wishing I could take back my words. But life doesn't work that way, does it?

 

I quickly jumped up, the embarrassment radiating across my face, accompanied with a furious blush on my cheeks. My breathing became constricted momentarily at the embarrassment and humiliation. “I- I didn’t mean it that way.” I attempted to defend myself but I knew it wasn’t going to work and started rambling curses in my head. Surely, I wasn’t expecting a reply but he laughed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter