Chapter 14

Me, Myself and The Busan Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 Chapter 14: The only way to end an unrequited love is through confession

Word Count: 1697 words

 

 

As always, I was earlier than I should – 30 minutes earlier than planned. I was standing at the corner with the buttery, white and golden popcorn with two movie tickets. Sometimes I feel extremely pathetic for always being way earlier than I should and having to go through the trouble of waiting. But the paranoia of being late is far worse than waiting and thus I very much rather choose to be punctual.

 

[6:30 pm] Ahreum

You here?

 

[6:32 pm] Eunha

Srsly, ur this early?

I was expecting it anyway. I’m alr reaching the theatre.

 

[6:33 pm] Ahreum

Sorry

But I alr bought the tix and popcorn.

 

[6:35 pm] Eunha

Alright

 

Eunha arrived. Her hair was midnight black and it flowed over her shoulders as she strolled to my direction. She was wearing her favourite burgundy hoodie paired with the navy blue jeans I bought for her when we went out shopping last month. From afar, the public might agree that she has a cold demeanour, a distant vibe or maybe an aloof personality. But Eunha is a whole different person entirely once you get to know her. She had a cheerful character far from what others have labelled her. Despite the labelled cold personality, that character of hers was the reason why she's well known among the student body. Her harsh words, her sometimes persistent character is charming. “Hey, sorry if I kept you waiting.” She apologised when in fact she shouldn’t. I was the one who came way too early.

 

“Let’s just go in.”

 

“Yeah, sure.” She beamed.

 

After the movie ended, we decided to hang out at the river near the mall. A turquoise-blue stream wound its merry way through the bustling city. It was very much a contrast with the city life. Pebbles whisked about in the under wash like pieces of glitter. It was glinting with little sparkles under the night sky, like a thousand diamonds blessed with an inner fire – just like the stars spread out on the dark blue canvas. The stars even sparkled as it’s light reflected on the clear blue water. It was refreshing to enjoy the view of the tranquillity of the atmosphere. I liked it.  “The stars looked beautiful, don’t they?” I asked Eunha who was sitting calmly beside me with a can of cola in her hand.

 

“Yeap, twinkling and dazzling in the sky.” She chimed, with her eyes admiring the beautiful creation in front of our eyes. It was hard not to be mesmerised with such beauty insight.

 

“Jungkook once talked about how stars helped him reflect and think about life,” I whispered as my eyes relished God’s creation. I remembered vividly our conversation about the beauty of stars on the night sky. 

 

“Jungkook, again?” Eunha’s voice strained at the mention of Jungkook’s name. She whipped her head to my side. She narrowed her eyes, evident that she was irked at my words. “Why are you so agitated?” I threw my hands in defence at her crude tone. What’s with her? Getting all hostile out of the blue? Her sudden hostility caught me off-guard, making me feel antagonise for something I didn't deem as wrong when in fact, I am innocent. Did I say something wrong? But the only few words I've said were guileless, pure. 

 

“You know what, sure, go on! Talk about him. I’m leaving!” Eunha scoffed at the abrupt change of my voice into a defensive. 'Him'? Is this about Jungkook? I can’t help but twitch my lips as I scowled. “Why are you being like this all of the sudden? We were alright earlier.” I spat. My inner hostility came alive, being defensive. Her eyes squinted once more, this time in outrage. But I choose to ignore the narrowing of Eunha’s eyes as she attempted to walk past me.

 

Eunha laughed, incredulous,“You wanna know? You want to know wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter