Chapter 8

Me, Myself and The Busan Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8: The more you trust, the greater the betrayal. The more you love the greater the harm.

Word Count: 2211 words

 

 

Little did I know, it was easier said than done. He spends less time texting me, barely joining me and Eunha during breaks because he now has someone more precious that’s first on his priority list. The loneliness he left me made me feel foreign. Only Eunha filled up those hollowed moments. Times like these made me reflect upon myself, and I can’t help laugh at how pathetic I felt.

 

It was break time. Now the arrangements have changed; it’s different. Jungkook no longer seats with neither his group of friends nor does he hang out with us. He chose to seat with Yoojung’s group of friends – nothing against them – maybe just a little salty and bitter. , this arrangement was definitely taking a heavy toll on my mind.

 

“Did you listen to me?” Eunha’s voice broke me from my entrancement. I shook my head, leaving those thoughts behind and paid full attention to Eunha again.

 

“Sorry, I was just thinking about something else.”

 

“I was just talking about how Seulgi is currently a thing with Hoseok.”

 

“Seulgi and Hoseok?” I whispered, more to myself in disbelief than to Eunha. A shock registering in my eyes when the news reached my ears. But then the shock turned to chuckles of disbelief. Come on, Jung Hoseok and Kang Seulgi? “Is this real? Sounds fake to me,” I cooed, still thinking it sounds like a faux to me or some baseless rumour.  I narrowed my eyes, not believing this blatant lie. The Hoseok I know wouldn’t even consider Seulgi, not after the mess she made during the meetings. Unless Hoseok is into problematic girls which I doubt so.

 

“She claimed it is true. But truthfully, how much can we actually trust Seulgi. She’s Kang Seulgi for a reason.”

 

A week later, the news broke out among the club committee. Hoseok and Seulgi never happened – they were never a thing, to begin with. Hoseok has taken a liking to Seulgi’s classmate and somehow Seulgi misunderstood his intentions, thinking he was in love with herself instead. It caused a huge hoo-ha and ruckus among the committee members but they kept the gossiping to a bare minimum when Seulgi was around during sessions. Damn. For once, I felt sorry for her. She now walked around school with a distressed look on her face, her lips often bitten down, her head hung low to avoid the glistering teared eyes being seen in public.

 

“She shouldn’t have passed the word around about them dating when Hoseok knew nothing of it.”

 

“Yeah, but damn, it must be hard for her," I said.

 

“Well, she should have thought of that before making your life a living misery.” Eunha barked, annoyed that I easily gave in and sympathised with her arch enemy.

 

“Trust me, this is all a façade.” She continued. “I’ve been a classmate of hers during freshman year, I know her, Ahreum. She’s cunning.”

 

 

By the end of March, seniors who are currently holding high positions in clubs and sports teams will be relieved from their leadership roles. And soon the sophomores will inherit their places, taking over their places. It was a crucial time for all sophomores in Inhun High School to finally snag a place in the higher ranks in their clubs and teams and hold great authority over the freshmen students.

 

As for the Programme Planning Committee, the leadership roles are assigned based on the senior’s recommendations, the teachers’ testimonials, the academic results as well as individual interviews being held. And as for me, I aimed for something simple. I aimed to be a secretariat, something far from complex, far from the need to lead the club and yet something people looked highly upon. It was a decent role and I find it rather suitable with my personality, away from stress at the very least. Being the overall in-charge the previous time scarred me for life thus I avoided high positions as if now.

 

“I’m aiming to be the secretary. If that’s possible.” I finally said for a while when Eunha questioned what role I desired most.

 

“I think it fits you. Don’t you think?”

 

“What about yourself?” I questioned.

 

“I was thinking of becoming the quartermistress.”

 

“I think it fits you too.” I smiled. Eunha is honestly capable of much more than aiming to be in-charge of storage and being in duty of taking care of the club’s room – she could run for president if she wanted too but she never seemed to be interested in taking control and gaining power. She's very much humble and avoids too much authority.

 

“You guys talking about your roles, huh?” Yoojung backtracked to our tables upon listening to our conversation.

 

“Fancy, eavesdropping, Miss Choi.” Eunha . Sometimes I do understand why Jungkook would be fond of her. She's a respectable member of the committee, small, slim, her long straight black hair cascading down her shoulders matched with that beautiful pair of mono eyelid shaped eyes filled with dark

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter