What Do I Do?

From Hwang to Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 - What Do I Do

 

 

 

Leo continued to walk with a smile plastered on his face. It even attracted some girls at the side. After a few minutes of searching, he finally saw his sister sitting with her friends while chatting.

“Noona.” He called out.

“Oh, here you are!” Tiffany said. “And this is your lunch.” Tiffany said as she placed it on the table.

“Thank you noona.” Leo said happily.

“Hi Leo!” Yoona and Sooyoung greeted the younger Hwang.

“Hello Yoona noona and Sooyoung noona!” Leo greeted back happily.

“Come on, join us here and let’s eat together.” Yoona invited him.

“Okay, thanks Yoong noona.” Leo jolly stated.

“What’s with you, Leo? You look weird.” Tiffany said.

“What do you mean?” Leo asked innocently.

“That” Tiffany pointed his face. “You’re smiling too much and your cheeks are flushing.”

“N-no, I’m not, it’s just normal.” He defended himself.

“But you know, those are the signs when your older sister here sees her crush.” Sooyoung butted in as the two Hwangs blushed at Sooyoung’s comments. “So tell me, you saw your crush, did you?”

“I-I didn’t, okay?” Leo tried to lie.

“Aw, you’re really cute when you’re stuttering, just like your sister.” Yoona said while pinching Leo’s cheek.

“Hey, I don’t stutter like him!” Tiffany defended herself.

“And you also inherited from Tiffany the way she tells lies. It’s too obvious, young Hwang.” Sooyoung said.

“Yah, watch your words, shikshin!” Tiffany protested.

“B-but it’s just natural for boys to have their crush, isn’t it?” Leo defended himself.

“You are really Hwangs, just the way you both acted.” Sooyoung scoffed. “I have no doubt about it.” She said as Leo could only pout and started to eat while Tiffany glared at her.

“So, who’s your crush, young Hwang?” Yoona asked. “Is it in your batch?” Leo shook his head shyly and smiled while imagining the face of the girl he likes. By the way she talk, the way she walk, the way she speaks, and the way she touch him makes his heart flutter very wild.

“Oh will you look at him, Tiffany? He’s so in love that even his eyes sparkle just by thinking of her.” Sooyoung nudged Tiffany whose busy eating. “He really looks just like you when you see your love, cute isn’t it?”

“Yah, for the last time, I’m telling you, it’s just a crush! I just like him. It’s not love, Soo.” Tiffany interjected with a melting glare.

“Whatever you say piggy.” Sooyoung shrugged her shoulder. Apparently, Tiffany’s glare won’t have any effect on her anyways.

Now, somewhere in the school’s main gate was another beautiful girl who was pouting while tapping her foot impatiently.

“Jess” The younger Jung frowned when she saw her walking normally. “Where have you been?” She asked.

“I’m sorry, okay. There’s just this cute freshmen who was about to be hit by a ball, I just tried to keep him away from danger.” Jessica explained.

“Why didn’t you run for me then?” Her younger sister asked.

“You know me, Krys. I don’t usually run. That’s just for soccer and such, nothing more.” She shrugged.

“Okay fine, shall we start then?” Krystal asked. “You know, about the tour.”

“Let’s take a small tour, then we’ll eat at the cafeteria while Sunny and Juhyun, okay?”

“We’ll eat with Sunny unnie and Juhyun unnie? Sound’s good to me!”

“Okay then, let’s go.” Jessica said then she linked her arms at her sister.

After a half hour of touring and roaming around the campus, the two Jungs felt the hunger and decided to drop by the cafeteria. They instantly found Juhyun and Sunny at their usual place and talked about things that they missed.

 

*****

 

Wednesday morning came really fast as Jessica and Kristopher were on their way to Stephen’s office. While on their way to Stephen’s company, Jessica saw a signage that says ‘Hwang Corporation’ and their car went there.

“Dad, what are we doing here?” Jessica asked. “Stephen ahju-I mean appa owns this?”

“Yes my dear, Stephen is the CEO of the Hwang Corporation.” Her dad answered.

“Wait, you mean to say that he’s a Hwang?” Jessica asked with a tone of disbelief. Kristopher glanced at her in oddity.

“What’s with the tone, Jess?” He asked back. “Is there something wrong with him being a Hwang?”

“N-Nothing,” Jessica replied weakly. “I-I just remembered somebody.” She said as her mind shifted to two persons who were a part of her life.

“Oh” Kristopher pursed his lips like he asked a wrong question. “W-we’re here. Let’s go now.” While heading out, Kristopher can already tell that Jessica was now not in a mood to talk and it worries him.

After some minutes, they already arrived at the highest floor of the building wherein Stephen’s office can be found. Once they arrived at the door, Mister Kim, Stephen’s secretary and personal assistant, opened the door for them.

“Oh Kristopher, Jessica, you arrived.” The man inside, Stephen Hwang, stood up to greet the two Jungs. “Welcome to my office.”

“It’s nice to see you again, Stephen.” Kristopher said as he shook his hand with Stephen. Jessica let loud a weak smile and bowed.

“Let’s go take a seat at our couch, shall we?” Stephen offered as the Jungs followed him to take a seat. As the two men made their conversation, Jessica can sense something peculiar about the two adult.

Her father, who doesn’t talk that much, now talks too much while Stephen, who is too talkative for a man, is now keeping mum. She can really sense that there’s something that they’re hiding, she just can’t guess what it is.

Whatever it is, it makes her nervous big time.

 “So, how are you, Stephen?” Kristopher started the conversation. “I haven’t heard anything from you for days.”

“As usual, it’s always the same thing.” Stephen replied short. With his foot tapping the floor, he glanced at his watch. ‘Where are you, Steph, you’re late already.’ He muttered incoherently. It was almost inaudible but Jessica heard it clearly.

“Excuse my daughter, she could be very careless and slow. I hope we can wait for her patiently.” Stephen apologized. “She also have to pass by at her school to pass something so please do understand.”

“Don’t worry, we don’t mind at all. At least we can have more time to talk about things, right Jessica?” Kristopher assured him while Jessica gave a small smile, again.

From fifteen minutes, thirty minutes, until an hour passed by and still, the other Hwang haven’t shown up any signs that she arrived. The two men are now enjoying their own conversation, making Jessica felt that she’s being out of place, again. She about to sleep but all those noise that the two men made is too distracting.

Not to mention that Stephen keeps on tapping his foot in annoyance because after a long hour of waiting, his daughter still haven’t arrived. That even added Jessica’s annoyance.

A few minutes passed by and finally, a knock was heard from the door. “Mister Hwang, your daughter has arrived already.” His assistant, Mister Kim, informed from the outside.

“Ah finally!” Stephen sighed in relief. “Let her in, please.”

After that, the door burst open, reveal Tiffany in her casual pink dress with a baby pink bag and pink high heels. Jessica, who’s about to sleep again, jerked from her seat when she heard the door banged.

And surprisingly, when she looked up, she saw her classmate slash rival. Who else, it’s Tiffany Hwang.

“You?!” Jessica pointed her. “What are you doing here?”

“Uhm duh, this is my father’s office and of course I have every right to be here.” Tiffany said in arrogance. “How about you, brat, why are you here at Hwang’s property and specificall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter