Luck

From Hwang to Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 - Luck

 

 

 

*2 weeks ago*

It was another sunny morning at Korea Kent Foreign High and as some students started entering the school’s main gate, two luxurious cars, with different colors, stopped in front of the school gate. One black BMW i8 and a white Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560 stopped by as two girls, one each car, went out with their casual but glamorous outfits.

The girl with the black car went out on driver’s seat and put her glasses off when her phone rang, revealing her beautiful dark brown eyes as her chestnut brown hair dangled at her back. She answered the call and fixed her hair that was covering her face. She’s wearing an oversized black turtleneck long sleeve matched with a pair of jeans and a black combat boots.

The other girl went out on the passenger’s seat when her personal driver opened the door for her. She immediately thanked him with a smile, a smile that was showing off her famous crescent-shaped eyes. She grabbed her hand bag and hung it on her arm. She wore a black beanie and white blouse with light blue denim jacket paired with cream colored jeans and white sneakers.

The two girls began to walk towards the gate, as soon as their eyes met, they smiled towards each other. But there’s something beneath their smile.

“Oh, good morning Pigfany.” The girl greeted energetically. The latter flashed her eye smile, hiding her gritted teeth.

“There’s nothing good in the morning if your face is the first thing I’d see, amkae*-Sica.” The called girl pouted as she went near the former. (*amkae – b!tch)

“Aww, that was sweet of ours, dwaeji*-Fany, I was so touched. You know what, I would me more touch if you’ll shut up your mouth or just get lost, how’d that sound?” She asked. (dwaeji – pig/piglet)

“That’s good, but that would me more brilliant if you’ll do it yourself.” The girl said but the latter grinned as she snap her fingers.

“I bet you’ll love it more if you’ll see my beautiful face, isn’t it? Come on, Stiffany, I know you very much!” The other girl said.

“Ugh you’re just saying silly things while wasting my time, I lost a minute of my life again just by dealing with you.” She complained.

“You know what? My time is more precious than your bag, car and you combined so I’ll go now.” Before she could enter the main gate, while back-facing the other girl, she said. “Just you know, I would really love to see you lose so see you in class.”

Then the girl left the other one behind. She just shrugged and smirked as she watched the girl enter the main gate.

“Let’s see Hwang, let’s see.” She whispered.

 

*****
 

‘Jung Corporation, that is owned by one of South Korea’s most influential person, Kristopher Jung, is now celebrating their fourth decade of existence with maintaining their title as one of the most powerful company in Asia.’

 

The man slammed down his laptop after reading the news online. He rubbed his forehead in frustration. ‘Not again.’ He thought.

“Mr. Kim, please enter my office, now.” He said as he heard the beep in his table after pressing the button. In just seconds, a man, in his mid-forties, entered the huge office of Hwang Corp.

“Yes sir, do you need something?” The man asked.

“How was the research about the Jungs? Have you heard anything about them?” The man clasped at his own hands and eyed his secretary.

“Sir, about that I–may I seat first?” The man gestured him to seat at the couch in front of him.

“Actually, I heard a good gossip going around inside their company.” The man formally said as he watched his boss’ face lit up.

“Is that so? What is it then?”

“I-I don’t know if it’s good or not but from what I’ve heard from them, the CEO of Jung Corp. said that he is planning to get a partnership to ours and he is planning the contract within these days, what do you think, Mister Hwang?” The man grinned as he saw a smirk escaped from the latter.

“A partnership, eh? That’s nice, indeed.” He, now, rubbed his chin with his smile matching an eye smile that formed crescent shape. “I love that news, now I have a new task for you.”

“What is it, sir?”

“I want you to confirm it. I don’t want to let my hopes go high just for nothing because that would be my last trump card. And if Mister Jung likes to make an appointment with me,” He paused and hummed for a while. “Cancel my entire schedule at that day and inform me as soon as possible, do you get it?”

“Yes sir, it that all you want me to do?” The man asked politely.

“Yeah, just that.” He waved his hand in the air. “You may go now.”

The man stood up and bowed before exiting the room. Mister Hwang chuckled lightly as he faced the window. He stood up and went to the huge glass window before him. He eyed the tall building not too far to where he was

‘Jung Corporation’ says the letters surrounding the summit of that building. The man, again, smirked while eyeing that building

“Let me see what you got Kristopher Jung.”

 

*****

 

‘48/50’

Those are the numbers, written in red mark, which Tiffany is looking at right now. ‘Good job, Tiffany.’ She said mentally

“Hwang Steph-” Their Biology teacher was interrupted by a voice.

“Ma’am, it’s Tiffany.” She, Tiffany herself, corre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter