Will You Marry Me?

From Hwang to Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9 - Will You Marry Me?

 

 

 

It was already a week after the family dinner of the Jungs and the Hwangs. Now, Jessica, along with Sunny and Juhyun, is now taking a break at the café nearby the campus after a long day at class.

“What is this? /What’s inside this unnie?” Sunny and Juhyun asked in unison when they received a pinkish white envelope from Jessica

“It’s an envelope, Lee Soonkyu.” Jessica answered sarcastically and received a slap on the shoulder from the latter. “Ouch, okay just open it so that I can explain it clearly.” She suggested.

The two younger girls opened the pinkish white envelope, revealing a shiny, glittery pink invitation card with ‘You’re invited’ in the middle that was neatly written.

“Why do I feel like it’s a birthday party of a child or a baby shower saying that it’s a girl?” Sunny stated as she inspected the card at her hand. Jessica rolled her eyes and eyed her in disbelief.

“Can you remind me how did we became friends?”

“I’m just stating a fact, what do I know about this card anyways?” Sunny muttered incoherently.

“It’s an invitation to our engagement party, okay? Well, it should be a surprise engagement but let’s just say that it’s scripted.” Jessica replied. “And about the design, it’s not me who decorated that one, even though it looks elegant, you know how much I hated that color.” She cringed just by looking at the card itself.

“Wait, engagement party like really?! That thing with you and Tiffany is real?” Sunny exclaimed.

“Tone down your voice, Sunny. Our situation right now is still not in public, so keep quiet!” She scolded. “About me and Tiffany, sadly, yes it’s true.”

“But unnie, I thought you’ll introduce Yuri unnie to your parents right?”

Jessica frowned at the question given by her youngest friend. “I was too late to do that, but I tried. I even scheduled a date, I tried Juhyun.” Then, she hung her head low. “But because of that so-called marriage between me and that Hwang, my plan was now useless. It’s already late. “

The two girls can’t help but to look at their friend with pity. They can’t do anything to lift her situation to a better one. At least they will support her, no matter what happens.

“So, does Yuri know about this?” Sunny asked.

“No, for now. We’ll be meeting later here and, wish me luck, I’ll be explaining everything to her.” Jessica answered. “I hope she could wait and understand.”

“I think, she’ll be able to wait and understand you, eight months isn’t a long time but not a short time thought.” Sunny assured her. “Maybe she’ll be confused but I think she won’t give up on you.” She gave an encouraging smile to the girl.

“Sunny unnie’s right. You’ve been already together for more than a year, so I think eight months will not make a big difference on you two.” Juhyun thought.

“I guess so, but whatever happens, I hope nothing will change between the two of us.” Jessica said in anticipation. ‘Eight months… I hope they’re right about you.’

“So… An engagement party for an accidental couple?” Sunny asked, or also laughed, while eyeing the invitation.

“I know how lame it is but yes, we have it.” Jessica said. “But believe me, you won’t believe what my mother and sister told me to do about that party though.”

“Why? From the looks of your expression, they want you to do something unbelievable, am I right?” Sunny guessed.

“Unfortunately, yes.” She answered with a sigh. “Oh gosh, I can’t believe I’m doing it to a girl who hates me so much.”

“I feet a sweet scripted scene coming up.” The smallest of the three said. “Whatever it is, I think I’m going to enjoy the show.”

“Don’t remind me, Lee Soonkyu.” Jessica grunted.

 

***

 

“So, you’re really engage now?” Sooyoung asked the girl whose scribbling something in her sketchbook.

“No, not now, Soo. The party is still two days away so technically, I’m not.” Tiffany answered without interest.

“Unnie, I’m confused.” Yoona stated. “Why are you holding an engagement party when you two will be just married because of a contract?” She asked.

“Actually that Cucumber already asked that but all we got is that they want our thing to be real in the eyes of many, especially in the public since our families are very well-known in the country.” Tiffany shrugged. “So basically, only our families and close friends are aware of the contract thingy.”

“So do you want us to come at your role-play party this Saturday?” Sooyoung asked. Tiffany just shrugged, still busy creating her second dimensional masterpiece in a paper.

“It’s up for you to decided, I’m not forcing you to come since it’s not even real so why bother come, right?”

“Then, why did you even gave us a copy of the invitation?” Now, it was Yoona’s turn to ask. Tiffany glanced at her for a while before going back to her work.

“Uhm, because it’s yours anyway and you deserve to know it first as my so-called bestfriends, I’m a bad-keeper of secrets so that’s it, I’m just informing you about your friend’s unfortunate journey before that eight-month marriage begins.” She answered with her frowning lips.

“Yah Fany, don’t act like marrying Jessica Jung is the worst thing that will happen to you.” Sooyoung responded, catching all Tiffany’s attention. “I mean, she’s a nice person, you know. She’s kind, beautiful, cold-looking but warm-hearted, and she’s really lovely, I don’t doubt that facts.”

“I didn’t know that you’re a fan of her.” Tiffany said as she went back to what she was drawing. “Why don’t you take my place instead and marry her? It will be my pleasure.”

“Why not, Jessica is one of the ideal women in our campus, even though you’re one of it, I’d still choose her. No offence.” Sooyoung admitted.

“You really sound so Leo-like, go and form a Jessica Jung fan club with him, I’m sure that he’ll like it.” Tiffany suggested.

“Speaking of, since Leo like Jessica unnie, then what’s his reaction about it?” Yoona asked.

“He always tells me how lucky I was to be her wife. Like seriously people, why don’t we exchange places then?” Tiffany, with a tone of irritation, demanded. “As if I wanted this thing anyway.” She muttered.

“I’m pretty sure that many would be really envious to you. And about that fan club, some girls and boys from our school already formed one so it’s too late for us.” Sooyoung replied.

“Ah please can you change the topic?!” Tiffany exclaimed as she stopped whatever she was doing.

“Fine, so what do you think Yoong, are we attending the show or not?” Sooyoung asked.

“Honestly speaking, I’m really looking forward to see Fany unnie’s acting. Like how she will react if Jessica unnie will kneel down at her and offered her the ring?” she answered. “I can’t wait to see the look on her face!”

Yoona squealed like a fan girl while Tiffany is already throwing glares at the youngest of the three girls.

“I don’t know. I already saw Fany’s ugliest expression though.” Sooyoung replied.

“Wow guys, can you stop talking like I’m not here? I really appreciate the support that you’re giving me.” Tiffany requested sarcastically but was ignored by the two conversing girls.

“But I’ll eventually come if the food at the party will be as good as heaven.” Sooyoung said dreamily while rubbing her stomach.

“Now that you’ve mentioned it… Fany unnie, is there a buffet at your party?” Yoona asked out of curiosity.

“Knowing our parents who are awfully rich, I believe there will be.” She answered. Hearing the news from the oldest, the two grinned at each other.

“We are definitely coming at that party.” Sooyoung said.

“Yes unnie, I bet we’ll enjoy that evening more.” Yoona added.

“Oh my goodness, why did I even answered that question.” Tiffany muffled as she shook her head.

“And speaking of food, Yoong” Sooyoung nudged at the youngest.

“Wait, I already know this.” Tiffany whispered as she eyed her friends.

“What is it, unnie?” Yoona asked.

“Aren’t you hungry already?” Sooyoung asked. Yoona grinned at the girl.

“Now, I am.” After that, they looked at Tiffany with a dirty smile.

“Unnie, can we-” Before they could proceed, Tiffany already finished their sentence.

“Invade our kitchen? Can I even say no to the both of you?” Tiffany shooed them with her hand gesture. “Go ahead and please, have mercy on our kitchen.” As they heard Tiffany’s cue, the two stole a kiss on Tiffany’s cheeks before heading to the kitchen while shouting something.

“Aigoo Tiffany-jjang, I love you so much!” Sooyoung shouted.

“Tiffany unnie is the best!” Yoona also shouted.

“Aish, these shikshin only knows me best when it comes to eating.” Tiffany mumbled silently as she continued sketching something on her pad.

“Rest in peace to our dear kitchen.” She said before letting out a sigh.

 

***

 

Juhyun and Sunny already left the café when they knew that Jessica’s lover was about arrive. After the two girls left, it took a few minutes before a tanned beautiful girl went in the coffee shop and went to where Jessica is taking a seat.

“Sica” The girl smiled as she saw Jessica drinking her favorite drink, caramel latte. Jessica placed her cup down and greeted the new comer with a hug and a peck on the cheeks

“Oh Yul, I miss you so much. It’s been a while.” Jessica pouted as her observed a tired face painted on Yuri’s face. “You seem so busy with cheerleading and other school-related stuffs are you even taking a rest?” She asked in a worried tone.

“I’m fine Miss Jung, don’t worry about me.” Yuri chuckled as they took a seat. “How about you, you look so stressed, it seems like you’re busy with some things. I haven’t seen you roaming around the campus though.”

“Speaking of that one, I-I have something to tell you.” Before Jessica could explain something, Yuri gestured her to stop.

“Calm down, Sica. You feel so pressured about that, chill out.” The girl said and held the girl’s hand. “Whatever it is you wanted to tell me, you can tell it later, for now, why can’t we just enjoy our time together first?”

Jessica smiled while nodding as a reply. There, they spent their quality time as the night goes by. They’re already drowned in their conversation that Jessica already forgotten what she was about to say to Yuri, her lover.

They decided to go for a walk to Jessica’s house after spending an hour, or two, inside the café. They’re already walking for a few minutes with a comfortable silence with them. Just then, Yuri decided to break the silence.

“I wish we could just be like this.” Yuri whispered as she held Jessica’s hand tighter. “You know, it’ll be just you and me, spending time together. How I wish I could do this every time.” She smiled at that thought.

“I would love to do that, of course, with you.” Jessica replied while leaning at the latter’s shoulder. “Why do I even have to be Jessica Jung and why do you have to be Kwon Yuri?” She frowned as she remembered what will be happening for the next few months. After hearing her words, Yuri stopped from her tracks and looked at Jessica.

“What do you mean, Sica?” She asked.

“I wish we could be somebody else instead, I mean, why can’t you and I have to be a secret?” Jessica answered. “What if I’m not a Jung and you’re just you? What if we’re just like any other couples out there who can be together freely?” She sighed after throwing out unanswerable questions in her mind.

“How I wish we could just be like the others, free and accepted.” Jessica added as she sighted a couple nearby them. Her vision was somehow getting blurred caused by the tears that was about to form in her eyes. Yuri held her two hands and pressed them gently.

“I know it’s hard for the both of us, but without Jessica Jung, Kwon Yuri won’t be like this.” Yuri stated. “I also wished that we could be just like the other people but this is us, Sica.”

“You’re the Jessica Jung who’s rich, smart, and talented girl who was about to own a prestigious company after a few years. You’re a precious person, that’s who you are. While me, look a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter