We're Even

From Hwang to Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 - We're Even

 

 

 

“Who are you?” Tiffany whispered as she tried to glimpse of the unknown girl’s face.

“Are you sure? I-I think something’s bothering your mind, you know, I can help you with that.”  The girl said as she fixed Jessica’s hair that was covering her face. From afar, Tiffany could tell that she saw Jessica smile, the real smile that she haven’t seen from her.

“I-I don’t know Yul, I’m getting tired of keeping this thing that we have, a-and about that, I-” Jessica paused as she hung her head low.

‘Yul? Wait a sec- is that Kwon Yuri, like The Kwon Yuri? Our captain?!’ Tiffany covered her open mouth with her eyes wide open.

“W-why? You what?” Sadness can be felt while hearing that from the girl, who was said by Tiffany to be Kwon Yuri, their cheerleading captain. “Please don’t tell me that we’re breaking up.”

‘Breaking up?! Oh my gosh, I can't take this anymore, this dramatic scene is too much for me to take!’ Tiffany mentally squealed when she saw the two girls holding each other’s hand as the younger girl looked at the older one worriedly.

“Why am I even doing this, I should give this two girls some privacy, shouldn’t I?” She whispered to herself as she took the cue to leave.

‘Forget that English book. At least it was worth leaving for, huh?’ She walked in silence as she was, again, drown in her own thoughts.

‘At least, for once in a long time, I saw that brat smiled. The last time I did was like four years ago, I think. I didn’t knew that that devil could really smile.’ Tiffany stopped walking and chuckled all by herself.

“Why am I even talking to myself? Tiffany, you’re being weird again.” She said and ran to where she left Leo standing alone.

‘I can’t wait to tease that brat on Monday.’ She grinned evilly.

 

***

 

The weekend became plain and ordinary like it should be. But then, Monday morning came again and Tiffany arrived a few minutes earlier than her beloved rival.

“Miss Hwang, do you want me to leave already?” Her personal driver asked.

“Oh, you may go now, Mister Kim. Thank you for accompanying me.” She smiled and bowed at the man, who’s in his early-forties, as he bowed back to Tiffany and drove away to when Tiffany was.

Just while Tiffany watched her car drove away from her, she saw a black BMW i8 parking in front of her. ‘The brat has arrived.’ Tiffany grinned.

“Hi amkae-Sica, good morning!” Tiffany greeted the girl as she exited her car. “It’s a miracle that I greeted you first, isn’t it?”

“Tiffany, please.” Tiffany was taken aback to hear the second word. “Not now, I’m not in a mood to deal with you.”

‘Jessica, like The Jessica Jung, said please to me? Whoa, this is so unbelievable!’ Tiffany thought. She can also notice the dark curves below Jessica’s eyes which is very rare to see.

“A-are you okay?” She unconsciously asked. She only realized that she asked that when she saw Jessica sighed and shook her head.

“No, I’m not. So please, whatever you have to say, just… just keep it to yourself.” Jessica answered tiredly as she bypassed Tiffany who was left standing.

“Why, did you two broke up already?” Again, Tiffany could stop but to ask.

“Of course not, why will we-” The sudden question sunk in her head that made Jessica stop from her tracks and faced Tiffany in force.

“Wai-How did you-” Jessica paused as she saw Tiffany bit her lower lip.

“Hey you, how did you know about that?!” She asked fumingly. Tiffany was a little overcome by her guilt than her fear

“I-It was a wild guess.” She lied and it was too obvious. Jessica wasn’t too dumb to notice.

“It can’t be a wild guess Tiffany, stop messing around with me!” Jessica blurted out in frustration. Tiffany’s nervousness is growing really fast.

“You,” Jessica went near her and the latter just gulped. “Come with me.” She bluntly said as she grabbed Tiffany’s wrist and dragged her inside their school.

“H-hey, where will you bring me?!” Tiffany asked in tense. Jessica didn’t dare to answer back. She just pulled Tiffany’ wrist and walk in silence.

Tiffany found herself standing at their building’s roof deck and as usual, no one can be found hanging around there. That was the time when Jessica let go of her wrist.

“Tell me what you know.” Jessica ordered with seriousness in her eyes.

“Honestly, I know nothing about you two guys. Just your relationship. Nothing more, nothing less.” Tiffany now answered honestly.

“Is that so?” Jessica asked as she sharpened her eyes at the latter.

“Yes, that’s the only thing that I know.” Tiffany replied while nodding her head. Jessica let out a frustrated sigh.

“You,” Jessica called her again. She went near Tiffany step by step while Tiffany, on the other hand, took some little steps backward. Jessica shot her a sharp gaze until Tiffany’s back felt the wall behind her. Jessica could only smirk.

“I’ll tell you now,” She spoke as she cornered Tiffany with her arms. “You should not tell anybody what you’ve heard, seen, or knew.” Tiffany fought her stares with a smug face.

“What if I don’t like, can you do something about it?” Jessica grinned right away.

“It’s not only you who knows a secret.” Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t have secrets, missy.” She proudly answered back.

“Oh really,” Jessica asked. “Because I don’t think so.”

“Really? Then spill it.” Tiffany challenged her. Jessica, before answering, grinned even more.

“I’ll just spell a name, N-I-” Hearing those letters, Tiffany’s eyes widened.

“H-hey, wh-where did you-”Cutting her off, Jessica continued.

“-C-H-” Tiffany could just glared at her.

“Fine, stop now.” She said in defeat as Jessica smiled evilly “Is that enough for me to shut you up?” She asked.

“How did you- how dare you blackmail me like that?!” Tiffany shouted in outburst. Even though Jessica’s eardrum almost exploded, she managed to reply back.

“You forced me to, Stiffany, now we’re even. I don’t know how did you know about our relationship but at least, we’re even.”

“What d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter