Dreams

From Hwang to Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 - Dreams

 

 

 

Three knocks were made at Tiffany’s door. It was inaudible to Tiffany’s hearings. Again, three knocks were made at Tiffany’s door and this time, Tiffany removed an earpiece of her earphones to make sure that she heard it right.

“Stephanie,” A voice called out. Tiffany could only sigh. “Can I come in?”

“The door’s open.” She answered as she continued doing her homework on her laptop.

The door of her pink room creaked open as a man went in it. The man saw Tiffany seated at her usual place, to her study table, probably working on her assignment in school.

“Steph” The man said. Tiffany didn’t looked back but she can feel a pair of eyes looking at her.

“What is it, dad?” She asked while typing her reaction paper that was due on the day after tomorrow.

“Are you… Have you eaten your dinner already?” The man asked.

“Yeah, I just did earlier.” Tiffany answered plainly. “Is that all you wanted to say or there’s something else?”

“May, I mean, can I talk to you?” He asked weakly.

“I can’t.” Tiffany answered right away. “I’m busy, dad. Maybe just tell it to me later if I have some time.”

“I-I just want to have a minute, if you don’t mind.” The man asked. The girl nodded her head tiredly.

“Fine, but just a minute only.” Tiffany replied. “I don’t have all the time in the world.” He heard those familiar words that came out from his daughter.

“I-I just want to know if you’re free this Wednesday morning. Do you have something aside from school?” The man asked. Tiffany grabbed his planner at the side and flipped the pages for a while.

“None, just a normal school day, why?” She asked firmly.

“If that’s the case, then, can you come to my office at 9 in the morning?” He asked. Tiffany shrugged before answering.

“I don’t know, I think I’ll be late for a few minutes, I have to pass something at the school.” Tiffany closed her planner. “Is that all?”

“Yes, that’s all. Thank you for your time.” He said and watched Tiffany nod her head in acknowledgement and put back her earphones back to her ears. Just like that, she continued to type as if nothing happened. The man could only sigh while smiling weakly to his busy daughter.

He went near her and kissed the crown of her head. That made Tiffany froze from her seat.

"I-I love you dear, I’m sorry, I’m sorry for everything." The man said weakly. Knowing that it was already inaudible from her daughter’s ears, he didn’t expect to hear a response and decided to go out of the room to give his girl some privacy.

The man was unaware that Tiffany heard his words loud and clear. And when she heard her door was completely closed, Tiffany went back into her senses and felt some tears falling from her eyes. That was the time when she shut her laptop off and slump her body on her bed. There, she cried the whole night.

 

*****

 

Jessica and her friends are seated at the bench that was found at the sides of the school’s quadrangle. Sunny and Juhyun looked at their friend’s troubled face.

“Hey Sica, you’re spacing out again.” Sunny said while waving her hand in front of Jessica’s face. Jessica just sighed for the nth time while resting her chin to her palm. “We’re talking to you and you’re like a sad scarecrow.”

“What’s your problem, Minnie?” Jessica asked while looking at Sunny uninterestedly.

“We’re asking you the same thing!” Sunny blurted out. “What is your problem, Miss Jung Sooyeon?” The girl asked.

“Nothing, it’s just that…” She paused, hesitated if she’ll tell what’s on her mind. “I-I’m just bothered right now.” Jessica answered weakly.

“What is it all about, unnie?” Juhyun asked. Jessica, first, looked at her wristwatch. ’11:05 a.m.’ the clock says. They still have more time to discuss things before their vacant subject ends.

“I got a strange dream last night, a very weird dream, if I’ll name it.” Jessica continued.

“How can you tell that it was a weird one?” Sunny asked.

“I’ll tell you why. It started when…”

 

I saw myself standing in an empty ground. No one was making a noise so it tells me that I’m alone. Little by little there were students, our schoolmates – to be exact – walking at the side and some colorful decoration appeared around the place. That was the time that I realized that I was in our school grounds. There are booths surrounding the campus and the students are enjoying their time.

It really sounds normal. But then, everyone made a way for me when I was looking around and they are all looking at me in silence. At the end of the path, I saw Yuri. She’s smiling at me.

“Come here, Sica.” Yuri said and extended her hand at me. I was just a couple of meters away from her so I took some steps towards her.

But when I was at the midway away from her, a lively voice called me. It made me stop from my tracks

“Jessica” It was a girl’s voice, a familiar one. Of course I turned my head towards the voice but I can’t see her face. It was blurred by a shadow and all I can see was her eyes looking at me like it’s telling me something. Somewhere in my mind tells me that I know her.

“What is it?” I asked. From looking at her eyes, I can tell that it was really telling me something. I just don’t know what it was.

“Please,” the girl said softly like she was about to cry. “Don’t go, please.”

Hearing that voice made me turn around and take a step towards that girl. Every time I took a step, the noise around me became softer and weaker and all I can see was the girl with her eyes.

And every time a take a step near her, the shadow that was covering her face started to fade, revealing her lips that formed a smile. It was the most beautiful smile that I’ve ever seen. It even makes my knees waggle until now. I can tell that she’s beautiful.

“I won’t go.” I finally answered. That was the time that it me that Yuri was behind me. But when I looked around, no one was there. Even the students, buildings and decoration a while ago were also gone. All I see at that time was that girl and the blinding background surrounding us.

After making some few steps, finally, I was just a meter away from her. She extended her hand and I took it immediately. Her hand was so warm. It sounds crazy but I think I can still feel it until now, even though it didn’t happened.

Now, when I held her hand, and when I was about to see her face, I was already woke up by Soojung and my alarm clock combined.

 

“That’s it?! You haven’t seen her face or even recognizing her voice?” Sunny complained.

“Yes, that’s it. What can I do, that’s what happened.” Jessica stated. “Now you know why I’m bothered.”

“Is it because you haven’t got the chance to see that mysterious girl or you let yourself walk away from Yuri unnie?” Juhyun asked the girl. It made her hung her head low.

“Both of it, actually.” Jessica answered. “Who is that girl anyway? And why did I even turn around to go to her.”

“Maybe because she pleaded and you just went there in kindness.” Sunny guessed.

“But unnie, I think you shouldn’t take this very seriously.” Juhyun said to her. “It’s just a dream.”

“But-I don’t know, I feel bothered because it’s really telling me something.” Jessica said in a worried tone.

“Relax Sica, Hyunnie is right, it was just a dream, right.” Sunny added.

“I hope so.” Jessica replied reluctantly.

As the three girls continued their conversation, another three girls sat nearby to where the trio was located. It was Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Yoona. Their noise caught some of their schoolmates’ attention who were peacefully walking, and that includes Jessica and the two of her frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter