Proposals

From Hwang to Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 - Proposals

 

 

 

Thursday morning came quick as Jessica found herself sitting in her car, again with a cup of caramel latte in her cup holder, again. She sighed for the nth time as she kept on glancing at her phone from time to time.

From yellow, the stoplights became red. She slump her back at the backrest and frowned.

‘Aish, that girl is late again.’ She glanced at her phone. Still no notifications coming up, she exhaled again. As the lights turned green, she again drove her way to her school, again.

From the rearview mirror, she saw a familiar white car behind her, again. That made her rolled her eyes and focused her eyes on the road. She sighted her school’s main gate and parked her car at the side.

“Thank you Mister Kim, have a safe journey!” She heard that voice again.

“Hi piglet, good morning.” She greeted and bypassed Tiffany before it could respond.

“Hey, I still haven’t said my greetings.” The latter said but Jessica just eyed her.

“No thanks, keep it for tomorrow or maybe just to yourself, you need it more than me.” She was about to go but she remembered something.

“Hey, don’t forget that thing.” She reminded.

“What kind of ‘thing’ are you talking about?” Tiffany asked her innocently. Jessica just glared at her, enough for Tiffany to guess what she was talking about.

“Tsk, slowpoke.” Jessica mumble loud enough for the other girl to hear. She turned, back facing Tiffany and waved her hand. “Bye coo coo brain.” And just like that, she left her.

Jessica started to walk in silence until she went up to the third floor, to where their room, class 6-1, is located. She passed by at the first room near the stair case, class 6-4. Then the next was, apparently, class 6-3 and she slowed down when she was in front of the class 6-2.

She checked from her peripheral view the girl that she’s searching for. ‘She’s still not here, I knew it.’ She mentally said and entered her own class.

Tiffany who was just a few meters away from Jessica saw everything that the girl just did.

‘Tsk, these lovebirds nowadays.’ She muttered while shaking her head.

 

*****

 

“Sir, Mister Jung already arrived on the lobby.” The informant spoke from the device connecting to the CEO of Hwang Corp.’s room. After a few seconds, the informant spoke again.

“Mister Jung, please head to the 28th floor, the CEO is waiting.”

“Okay, thank you,” The man said politely. With two folders clutched tightly by his hands, he continued to walk towards the elevator. While walking, everyone always bow their heads to give respect to the CEO of the Jung Corporation and he humbly acknowledged each and every greeting with a light nod and a smile.

As he entered the elevator, he immediately pressed the ‘18’ button and the door closed automatically. While waiting, he tapped his right foot to let out the uneasiness that he felt since the time that he arrived the building. His mind tell this and that as he was already concluding the outcome of the meeting

Rejection? Denial? Failure? He can’t tell either. But whatever happens, he knows that he has to deal with this matter carefully.

After a moment of fixing his dark blue suit and his stripe-patterned necktie, he fixed his posture as the door of the elevator opened wide. Again, he was greeted by some employees walking around and carrying some sheets of documents, reports and other stuffs needed for their work. No one failed to greet the well-known CEO, except for one.

“Excuse me,” He called the attention of another man who’s sitting casually at his desk. “Where does Mister Stephen Hwang’s office could be found?” The latter looked at him for a few seconds before giving a response.

“This way, Mister Jung, follow me.” The other man led the way and gave a loud three knocks at the huge white door before him.

“Mister Hwang, you’re client, Mister Kristopher Jung, is here to see you.’ He spoke a little loud, for the person that he’s talking to, to hear him.

“Let him in, please.” A voice from the room, probably from Mister Hwang, ordered. The man opened the door for Mister Jung and gestured him to go in. He nodded lightly as he stepped inside the room. As soon as Mister Hwang has seen him, he immediately stood up and went to welcome the new-comer.

“Ah Kristopher Jung, finally,” He said. “Welcome to my office.” Greeted by Mister Hwang as he extended his right arm to offer a handshake.

“Good to see you too. I’m glad to know that you accepted my appointment right away.” The man gladly took it and let out a smile.

“No, that’s nothing. Actually, it’s an honor to have the CEO of the Jung Corporation here at my office.” He smiled back. “And in fact, it’s not like we don’t know each other.”

“Of course I know you. We’ve been classmates since elementary days to college.” Mister Jung, known as Kristopher, added.

“Yeah, good old times.” Stephen, the man who owns the room, nodded as he gestured Kristopher to seat while he return at his seat. “So let’s start the meeting, shall we?”

“Fine then.” Kristopher sat at the chair across Stephen’s seat and straighten his back.

“So what’s the meeting all about?” Stephen asked. Kristopher cleared his throat first then sighed deeply before he replied.

“I’ll get this straight, Mister Hwang.” The latter nodded but he gestured him to stop talking.

“Come on Kristopher. Drop the formalities already, you really act like we’re not friends back then.” Stephen chuckled lightly.

“I-I’m just being careful that-” Before Kristopher could continue, Stephen already spoke.

“Don’t worry too much, Kristof. It’s just a meeting anyway so calm yourself, can you?” He asked. Kristopher smiled and nodded.

Fine, I’ll get this straight Stephen.” He rephrased his statement. He stared at him with seriousness in his eyes and placed one of the folder, that was in his hands, to Stephen’s desk,

“I don’t know if you’re aware about it or not, but I want to merge your company to ours. Making it as one, we’ll call it as Hwang and Jung Corporation.” Kristopher smiled at him lightly.

“Those files are the contract, files and other documents that are needed for our unification to be possible and approved. All I need now is for you to affirm it. I already signed everything that I have to sign.” He continued speaking while Stephen browsed the contents of the folder.

“So where should I sign? Can I do it now?” Stephen asked as he glanced at Kristopher with a smile.

“Wait, you’re already accepting my offer?” Kristopher asked excitedly.

“Why shouldn’t I? Your proposal seems interesting and I don’t see anything wrong about accepting your offer.” He answered gladly. “To be honest, I’m also about to make a partnership with your company but you already did it first.”

Kristopher sighed again. ‘It's a sign. This is it.’ He thought

“If that’s the case, then I have to open this another proposal to you.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter