Feelings

From Hwang to Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13 - Feelings

 

 

 

‘Sorry the number you dialed is busy at the moment. Please try your call later.’ Tiffany’s phone repeated for the nth time while calling her so-called fiancée.

“Busy my … this girl, don’t tell me that she’s still sleeping.” She muttered as she decided to call again. After a few rings, the same thing happened again.

‘Sorry the number you dialed is busy at the moment. Please try-’

“Aish, when will you pick up the phone, you sluggish brat?!” Tiffany murmured in annoyance. She was about to contact the girl again, but suddenly, she received a call from Jessica’s sister, Krystal.

“Oh, you called, good morning Krystal.” Tiffany greeted.

“Hello unnie, good morning.” The caller greeted back. “I was just thinking if you’re the one calling my sister. Her phone was ringing inside her room for a half hour already.” She stated.

“Yes, that was me.” The older girl answered. “So where’s your sister? Actually, we have a matter to discuss today.”

“Well, it’s Saturday today and Saturday is her rest day. We already expect her to be up at 12 in the afternoon when it’s Saturday, just you know.” Krystal informed the older while the latter huff some air in annoyance

“So you’re telling me that she’s still asleep?!” Tiffany exclaimed in an interrogating manner. ‘Ridiculous.’

“Obviously, yes she is and I don’t think she would wake up sooner.” Krystal said in assurance.

“Why, can’t you wake her up for me?” The girl asked in despair.

“We can’t because first of all, we’re out of cucumbers, and second is that I can’t also stand them, lastly-” Krystal was about to reason out but Tiffany immediately spoke.

“Wait, you also hate cucumbers?” She asked in disbelief.

“I don’t but I’m really allergic to those.” The younger girl answered.

“O-oh… I don’t know how to-”

“I know it’s funny, but it’s real.” Krystal cut her and diverted the topic “Now, back to the topic and to conclude your problem, there’s a least percentage to wake her up at this moment.”

“You mean to say that her weakness is just a piece of cucumber, right?” Tiffany asked while making her way to their kitchen. She checked their food storage and different types of vegetables appeared before her.

“Yep, so if you’re planning to wake her up, then you’ll need one.” Krystal answered surely. A devilish smile escaped from her lips while hearing Krystal’s answer.

“Fortunately, we have plenty of it.” She said pinned her phone with her shoulder while getting the chopping board and knife. Then, she placed them on the tabletop.

“So are you planning to coming at our house and wake her up?” Krystal asked excitedly. Tiffany held her phone with her right hand while the other free hand grabbed a handful of cucumber.

“Yeah, send me the address of your house please.” Tiffany replied with a smile. “I’ll be there as soon as possible.

 

***

 

Tiffany arrived in front of the Jung’s mansion within half an hour by a cab. After paying for the fine, she went out of the cab with her eyes roaming the surroundings. The house was located inside a peaceful subdivision. The location of the house could be found after a beautiful fountain at the middle and Tiffany can’t help but to praise the atmosphere of the place.

“Wow, huge neat house.” She was awed by the structure of the house. It was very detailed from the roof to the ground.

Before she could forget her agenda, she called Krystal on the phone.

“Krystal, I’m here.” She stated.

“Yep, I saw you already. I’m on my way there.” The girl answered.

After a minute of waiting, Krystal came out of the house with her pajama on.

“Hello unnie!” She greeted with a sweet smile. “How’s your trip?”

“Fine, I just took a cab since I still don’t have my license.” Tiffany answered.

“Where’s your driver, if you don’t mind me asking?” The younger girl asked as she gestured Tiffany inside their house.

“I don’t mind and Mister Kim is now on his week-off so here I am.” She said while taking a nice look to their interior. Again, she was amazed.

After a few observations, she got into her senses and showed the plastic bag on her hand. “By the way, I also brought a handful of fresh chopped cucumbers here.”

Automatically, Krystal pinched her own nose and made a disgusted face. “Oh-kay, since it’s chopped already, why don’t we head to her room already?”

Hearing that, Tiffany plastered an evil grin and answered energetically. “Good idea, let’s go.”

As they made their way at Jessica’s room, she eyed all those Jung family pictures and abstract paintings hung on the wall. Being an art enthusiast, she loved all those framed canvas with beautiful portraits and landscapes.

“If you’re going to ask me, some paintings there are made by me and Jess but mostly, Miss Sleepyhead was the one who made those.” Krystal commented while seeing Tiffany slowing down her pace to analyze the paintings.

“Oh, you’re also fond of art?” She asked as she stopped walking but still not looking at the latter.

“At first, I wasn’t.” Krystal truthfully answered. That caught Tiffany’s attention. “But Jess made me to. Art was such a beautiful thing to see, just like what she said, it shows life because it’s reflects reality with what it is.”

Tiffany nodded her head, agreeing to what she said. ‘I would never think that that girl was into arts.’ She thought.

“So here we are.” Krystal said while stopping at the white and black door at the left corridor. “As much as possible, suit yourself. You might activate her Hell-Sica mode on. Now go, I’ll watch out from here.”

The younger girl said while turning the door knob and exposing the neatest room that Tiffany has ever seen.

Everything was arranged and in order, except for the lying figure on the bed. A certain chestnut brown-haired lady was sleeping peacefully with her face covered by her pillow.

“Thanks for leading the way and don’t worry, I think I can manage this.” Tiffany assured the younger Jung.

“Okay then, break a leg!” Krystal cheered.

“Hey, hey Jung.” Tiffany spoke a  little louder while shaking the sleeping girl’s shoulder. “Yah, wake up. Hey Aurora, wake up. It’s time for our meeting already.”

“Go away.” The girl muttered lazily.

“I got no time for your mutterings, get up now.” Tiffany replied in annoyance with her hands on her waist. “Yah, Jessica Jung!” She shouted.

‘Okay, that’s it.’

Immediately, Tiffany opened the plastic Tupperware and put it in front of Jessica’s sleeping face. And because of that, her eyes opened widely, making her see her most hated thing in the world.

“What’s with that foul-Yah! Is that-KYAAAH!” That made Jessica fall from the side of the bed and glared at Tiffany. “Get that thing away from me!”

As soon as Krystal heard that, she immediately peeked inside the room. “What’s happen-”

“Stop throwing pillows at me, Jung. Stop, ouch my eyes, I said stop!”  Tiffany shouted in irritation. “What the hell is your problem? It’s just cucum-”

“It’s not just a cucumber! That’s the most disgusting thing that exists here on planet Earth, aren’t you aware?!” Jessica halted from throwing pillow and reasoned out.

“Uhm, no. It’s not.” Tiffany answered plainly. “You’re just over-reacting about cucumbers, Jung.”

“I’m not over-reacting, Tiffany Hwang. I hate that piece of smelly horrible garbage, will you throw that already?!” Jessica replied with her creasing eyebrows. “Why are you here anyway, to annoy me?”

“Duh, have you forgotten? We should have a meeting today.” Tiffany reminded with a fake smile.

“It’s Saturday today?” The girl innocently asked.

“State the obvious, Miss know-it-all.” The latter mocked.

“Okay, I just remembered, but now, go out. I’ll fix myself for a while.” Jessica stood up and dusted her pajama. “And please, take that horrible thing out.” She begged while pointing the lunchbox full of cucumber on her bed.

“Okay, but if you aren’t out within thirty minutes, you see this?” Tiffany asked while hold “I’ll scatter this outside your room, do you got me?”

“I got it already, geez! Go out, now.” Jessica answered in defeat.

“Good girl, Jessica Jung.”

“Aish, she’s the most annoying girl, ever.”

 

***

 

As soon as Tiffany went out of the room, the owner slammed the door shut.

“Wow, you made it out alive? Amazing.” Krystal said in awe.

“Well, I’m Tiffany Hwang anyways and Tiffany Hwang never gives up.” Tiffany replied confidently then Krystal just laughed before asking something.

“So what’s this thing that you wanted to talk about with my sister?”

Tiffany shrugged as she answered. “The usual, still about that lame marriage and some stuffs.”

“It means that you’re the person whom our dad was talking to earlier.” The younger Jung asked.

“Yeah, that was me.” Just then, Tiffany suddenly remembered something. “Oh, that reminds me, where is your dad and mom?”

“Also the usual thing, work while my mom went to the grocery store.” Krystal informed her casually. To keep the conversation going, she asked her again. “Now, did he tell you about it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter