Endless Acts

From Hwang to Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 – Endless Acts

 

 

“-Will you marry me?” Jessica asked.

“Yes, yes I do Jess, I will marry you!” Everyone heard Tiffany’s answer very loud and clear. Everyone was really happy to hear that, or maybe not.

Except one, of course, except Yuri.

When she watched the way Jessica inserted the ring to Tiffany’s left ring finger, the way Jessica smiled and looked at Tiffany, the way Jessica hugged Tiffany, and the way Jessica kissed Tiffany makes her feel many things.

Sadness, jealousy, envy, devastation, regret, despair, confusion, irritation, frustration, and betrayal. These are all mixed inside her eyes, mind and heart.

She could barely watch all those things that are happening right in front of her. And so, she decided to go out to breath in some fresh air. She couldn’t understand why she feels all those negative emotions. In spite the fact that Jessica already explained everything to her, she can’t help it.

She can’t help but to feel frustrated about them.

“Can you blame me? Can you blame me that I can see my girl proposing to somebody else who is not me?” Yuri whispered before throwing a pebble to the pond nearby to where she was standing still.

She watched the ripples of the water multiply, after that, she sighed deeply. And again, her mind flashed back to the night when Jessica told her about the thing between her and Tiffany.

“I-I’m about to be engaged to somebody already.” Jessica answered wearily but Yuri was able to understand her words loud and clear.

“Sica…” Only her name was able to come out from Yuri’s mouth. “You… you’ve got to be kidding me, right?” Jessica hung her head low and shook her head.

“Yul, it’s not a joke. I wish it was, but no.” Jessica uttered. “B-but please let me explain first.”

Even though she already wanted to run away and dissolve at that moment, she decided to hear her out. “P-please, explain everything to me.” Yuri cupped her face and lifted it up to meet Jessica’s sad eyes. “Make me understand things.”

Jessica explained from the contracted marriage to the eight-month perimeter of the contract. She even told her about the engagement party this upcoming Saturday, the prenuptial video, and the wedding plans. When and where will it was planned to take place. She told her almost everything, except for the name of her soon-to-be wife.

“W-who, tell me who is this girl, Sica?” She requested.

“B-but you know, she’s one of your-”

“It’s okay, I need to know her. I have to know her, please.” Yuri pleaded.

“It-it’s Tiffany Hwang.” Jessica answered as she averted Yuri’s gaze to her.

“She’s your neme-”

“Yes, I know. That’s why you don’t have to worry about her, Yul.” Jessica replied as she grasped at Yuri’s hand. “All I need to know is that can you wait for me?”

‘Can I?’ Yuri also asked herself.

“I can, I’m always willing to do that for you Sica.” Yuri sighed as she was about to ask the question that was left inside her mind.

“But, what if… what if you fell out of love from me? What if you fall into her instead? I’m afraid that I-” Before Yuri could continue, Jessica smiled to her and cupped her hand.

“Yul, relax. I’m telling you, there’s no way that I’m going fall into her, like ever.” Jessica assured her.

“But what if she fell for you, that is not impossible, Sica.” Yuri whined. Jessica chuckled as she watched how Yuri muttered things.

“Trust me, Yul. The pigs can already fly and the Sun could be blue already, but that girl won’t fall for me, I’m telling you.” Jessica replied. “You’re fully aware how that girl hates me to death, right?”

“I-I can’t tell, you don’t know how perfect you are Sica. Even your anti-fan could love you if they would be aware of how precious you are.” Yuri answered back in a worried tone.

“Miss Kwon Yuri, I’m telling you now, she already hated me for more than ten years already, so our eight-month marriage will be just easy as a pie when it comes to hating me.” Jessica reasoned out.

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yes Yuri, I am. Now, all you have to trust and wait for me, can you?” Jessica asked. With her response, Yuri smiled and nodded her head.

“I will as long as you can assure me that you’re mine, and I’ll be yours.” She said.

“I promise.”

“Sica, you promised me. Please, don’t fall.”

 

*****

 

The next Monday came and Tiffany already finished her breakfast first than her brother and father. She, now, grasped her bag before standing up.

“I’m going now, bye.” She said to her father and to her brother that was left at the dining room.

“Wait noona, there’s-” Before Leo could say something more, Tiffany was already at their living room.

“Let her be, Leo. She’ll know it eventually.” Their father said as he continued in reading that day’s newspaper.

As Tiffany headed outside, she was surprised when she didn’t saw her white car at the front of their big house. Instead, a black luxurious car was parked before her. And instead of Mister Kim, a girl with black shades was found leaning at the car’s door.

“Finally, I didn’t know that you eat very slowly.” The girl while removing her sunglasses, revealing the face of Jessica.

“State your business, Jung. I’m not in a mood of talking today.” Tiffany bluntly ordered.

“Didn’t Leo tell you?” She asked.

“I won’t ask you if I have known it, coo coo brain.” Tiffany answered sarcastically. Jessica rolled her eyes with her arms crossed.

“Our parents forced me to fetch you. They said that they want us to go to school together because, assumingly, everybody knows that we’re “engaged” and now here I am. Any questions?” Jessica replied.

“Why are you too obedient to your parents?” Tiffany asked, or more like exclaimed, while looking at the latter.

“Maybe because I’m not like you and as I can see it, we should really do it for the public’s sake.” Jessica answered as she opened the door of the front passenger’s seat. “Any more questions?” She asked again.

“Why do I even need to follow you? It’s not like I’ll benefit anything from hitching a ride from you.” Tiffany question as she also crossed her arms with a smug expression.

“Okay listen to me carefully, Miss Hwang. You and I are engaged and the public knows that we’re a ‘thing’ even though it’s not. So if you want them to discover our fake relationship, then be my guest.” She answered. “Any questions? For the last time?”

“Shut up, you’re too noisy.” Tiffany ordered.

“Wow thank you for that polite response, now let me ask, are you riding my car or not? You can wait here forever but I can’t, so decide quickly, your highness.”

“Never mind, I’ll just wait for Mister Kim.” Tiffany rolled her eyes at Jessica and didn’t make a move.

“That’s what I’m telling you, piglet. Mister Kim, your personal driver, will not be around for a week because your father gave him a break just this early in the morning. So if you want to wait here forever, then good luck.” Jessica replied before taking a seat at the driver’s seat.

“W-wait, what did you just said?!” Tiffany bellowed in distrust.

“I know you heard me, piggy. I won’t be entertaining questions unless you answer my question. Now what, are you riding my car or not?” Jessica asked impatiently before closing the driver seat’s door. Tiffany sighed for the nth time before answering.

“Of course I have no choice already, why did you bother asking anyway?” Tiffany grunted as she took a seat at the front passenger’s seat and closed the door.

“Because I love seeing your cute annoyed expression, maybe that’s why.” Jessica replied while fastening her seatbelt. “So, off we go.” She cued before starting the car.

After a little scene outside the Hwang’s mansion, they decided to leave the Hwangs residence immediately and the car was coated by a deafening silence.

Jessica was really comfortable with it while Tiffany isn’t. In fact, she’s irritated with it. She kept on shifting and scooting from left to right while gazing somewhere else except Jessica. Her weird movements weren’t left unnoticed by her beautiful companion.

“What’s your problem, is your really that itchy or you’re always -hurt like that?” Jessica asked, and partially teased, without looking at how Tiffany is glaring at her.

“Can you just shut your dirty mouth if you’re not going to say something nice?” Tiffany exclaimed as Jessica tried her very best not to laugh.

“Whoa, I only kissed your cheek once and yet, you act like you’ve tasted how ‘dirty’ it is.” Jessica’s joke received a not-so-soft-but-not-so-hard slap on her shoulder from her fuming passenger.

“Ow, geez you’re too harsh, and noisy. I’m just asking a question, like seriously. What’s your problem, Dwaeji-Fany?” She asked, now in a serious tone.

“Aren’t you aware about your car being a cemetery with the deafening silence?” Tiffany asked. “It’s too quiet in here!” She complained.

“Why, don’t you like it?” Jessica asked back.

“Hell no! It’s really creeping me out!” Tiffany answered in rage.

“So, what do you want me to do about it, your highness?” Jessica asked in a sarcastic manner.

“Why don’t you try opening your music player for me, fiancée?” Tiffany also answered in a sarcastic way.

Jessica looked at her in disbelief and stopped the car since the stoplight went red. If it wasn’t because of Tiffany’s seatbelt, her head might have hit the compartment in front of her.

“Yah, watch it!” Tiffany scolded. “Aish, this reckless driver.” Jessica rolled her eyes at Tiffany while mumbling.

“What a demanding pig, this piglet only knows how to squeal and whine her complains.” She said incoherently while getting her bag at the back.

“Are you saying something, huh?” Tiffany asked abruptly. Jessica could only sigh and shook her head as she took out her phone and inserted the connector to her built-in stereo inside her car. There, she shuffled her playlist.

“That’s more I like it.” Tiffany stated as soon as the music started to play. She even maximized the volume, making the music as loud as possible.

“Aigoo~” Jessica howled as the loud music filled the whole car. The bass can be even felt beneath their seats and the music can also be heard outside the car. “I’m being tortured by this girl.” She said while driving her car but those words are already inaudible to Tiffany’s ears.

“Are you saying something, Jung?” Tiffany shouted with the music.

“Nothing, just continue on ruining my morning, that’s nice.” Jessica muttered in her breath.

“What did you said?!” Tiffany, again, asked in a loud volume. Jessica was now fuming in irritation with the loud music and Tiffany’s loud voice.

“I said nothing, stop shouting.” Jessica answered in her normal voice.

“What?! I’m sorry I can’t hear you!!” Tiffany, for the third time, asked in a very loud way, making Jessica grit her teeth in irritation.

“I said, can you stop shouting at my side, I’m not fcking deaf!!” Jessica shouted in anger as Tiffany smiled annoyingly.

“Okay, sorry.” Tiffany said half-heartedly, she was really trying hard not to laugh. After that, she started to sing along with the loud song, pushing Jessica into her limits.

“Just a little more, I’m going to choke this girl beside me. Oh please, don’t let me do it.” She whispered to herself while inhaling and exhaling deeply.

“Patience Jessica, you need more patience. Hang on a little bit more, you’re almost there.”

Tiffany glanced at Jessica who was talking to herself. She whispered with the grin on her face. “Ten points for Tiffany.” She said while giggling.Then, she continued to sing loudly without minding the fuming girl beside her.

But suddenly, the car stopped and Jessica grabbed her phone, car key and bag before going outside. She even closed the door with a bang.

“H-hey, where are you-oh.” Tiffany was cut off when she saw that they already arrived their school. ‘That was fast, I was just about to enjoy the show.’ She thought with a frown.

Her eyes were finding her companion when her door opened without her consent. There she was, Jessica, in an irritated expression, opened the door for her. Tiffany looked at her in confusion.

“Uhm, what are you doing?” Tiffany asked innocently.

“Are you dumb? Can’t you state the obvious, fiancée?” Jessica asked back in a blunt style. Tiffany could jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter