004

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 2 - The Fourth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Soulmate[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"I will make sure you're happy..."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Taekwoon.” Taekwoon looked up. He quickly stood and bowed. The newcomer just chuckled and patted his back, telling him to stop being so formal. “It had been a while I caught you running off into this room.” Taekwoon bit his lips.

“Did I disturb you, Inguk hyung?” Inguk shook his head.

“No, not exactly.” Inguk pushed Taekwoon lightly to sit while he took another seat. They’re currently in a small room for vocal practice that is especially for Inguk. Taekwoon was once getting into the wrong room back in the training days and very unfortunately went bawling his eyes out after getting scolded by their trainer, that led to Inguk found him and since then the elder allowed Taekwoon to come here if he needed a space alone – as Inguk rarely used the room to be exact.

“You heard from Hakyeon… right hyung?” Inguk nodded.

“He had been stressed about it the time I met him two days ago. I think the time he confronted you was a week ago?” Taekwoon nodded. “And you’re avoiding Hakyeon… and Jaehwan.” Taekwoon sighed and nodded again.

“I… don’t want to talk…”

Inguk smiled and patted Taekwoon’s back. “I know. I won’t force you, Taekwoon. But you know… communication and teamwork is the essential thing in making a team runs longer. I know you love your members, VIXX and the career you have built. Can’t you think of it and try to solve whatever stuff happened between you and Jaehwan?” Taekwoon sighed into his palm.

“I don’t know what goes wrong and I don’t have solution to fix nor find it. I don’t know hyung.” Taekwoon said sincerely. He felt like curling into a ball and crying. Inguk rubbed Taekwoon’s back.

“You know… I- accidentally heard something the last time you’re here… I pretend that I didn’t hear it that time.” Taekwoon looked up to his senior. Inguk smiled lightly. “I’m sorry.”

“What did you hear?”

“Soulmate.” Taekwoon froze. “You’re talking about soulmate and Jaehwan’s name comes along in your phone conversation with your mother.” Taekwoon turned silent. “Taekwoon.”

“I- I frequently had a dream since young, I don’t remember when it started. But the dream always played almost the same thing and I saw myself calling an unfamiliar guy with a name. I told my mother about it and my mother told me it might be a dream about my soulmate. It was a rare case of someone dreamt the same thing of the same person over and over again, so my mother pretty convinced of it. My eldest sister, who got this story recently, had brought me meeting a fortune teller. The fortune teller said my mother’s hunch was right and as the dream was something so vivid and real, she concluded that I might be dreaming of my past lives.” Inguk listened through Taekwoon’s story. Taekwoon don’t know how but he somehow always became effortlessly opening up to Inguk.

“So, that person is someone important in your past lives, a soulmate? As in a person you love?” Taekwoon nodded. “You didn’t tell me it’s a guy or girl.” Taekwoon bit his lips. Inguk smiled. “Don’t worry; I’m fine with same gender.” Taekwoon turned to Inguk.

“It’s a guy and the name is…”

“Jaehwan, isn’t it?” Taekwoon nodded. “So that’s why Jaehwan’s name was mentioned in the conversation. So, this Jaehwan is the same Jaehwan in your dream?” Taekwoon nodded, telling the other he looked similar in a way. “So… the reason you’re fighting with him?”

“I don’t know. We just ended up this way.”

“Are you by chance… can’t accept the fact Jaehwan is your soulmate? I mean you hate him.” Taekwoon shook his head.

“No, I’m fine. But I don’t love him.” Taekwoon said quickly. Inguk nodded.

“You know, if in the past lives, you have been in love with your soulmate, Jaehwan, won’t it prove you in this life you will be in love with him too?” Taekwoon shook his head.

“I don’t know. I actually am not sure what I feel for Jaehwan.” Inguk patted Taekwoon’s back.

“You need to talk with Jaehwan. And maybe just apologize if you’re unwilling to say about this. Make up with him, try not to involve into a fight again. Do it because you love VIXX.” Taekwoon exhaled and nodded.

“Thanks hyung.” Inguk nodded.

 

 

Jaehwan stared as Hakyeon paced in front of him. The leader had pulled him to have a little chat – which he knew it’s all about Taekwoon and his fight again – but since few minutes ago, Hakyeon didn’t stop pacing and talked instead. “Hyung.”

Hakyeon stopped. “Hum?”

“You pull me for a talk but all you do was pacing around.” Hakyeon dumbly formed an O and sat across Jaehwan.

“Ken.” Jaehwan looked at Hakyeon. Hakyeon took a breath. “Eum, you know. The fight before- aish.” Jaehwan raised his brow.

“Hyung?”

“Daepyonim heard of it and I kind of need to report to him but you and Taekwoon-”

“You know you can lie, hyung?” Hakyeon sighed.

“But I’m not good when it comes to our CEO, aish. Can’t you please make up with Taekwoon today?” Jaehwan sighed.

“I want to, hyung but he’s avoiding me and I don’t know how to do it too.” Hakyeon sighed.

“I told Inguk hyung to talk with him yesterday; it’s not helpful too, ugh.” Jaehwan blinked.

“Why Inguk hyung?”

Hakyeon looked at Jaehwan. “Taekwoonie listened to him better than me, actually.” Jaehwan blinked. He didn’t know this fact. Hakyeon groaned. “Anyway, be ready. If I’m not successful in lying to the boss, he will call you and Taekwoon.” Jaehwan just nodded.

“When you will meet him, hyung?”

“After dinner today.” Jaehwan nodded again.

 

 

“Jaehwan.” The younger vocalist startled. It had been so long he heard that voice called his name. Jaehwan turned and came face to face with Taekwoon. He waited for the elder to say next word. “Can we talk?” Jaehwan nodded. Thankfully Taekwoon finally reached out to him. He was confused of how to talk with Taekwoon since Hakyeon asked him to make up with the elder.

They walked through and up to the rooftop. Jaehwan just followed few steps behind. None of them said anything. Taekwoon stopped once they’re outside on the rooftop. Jaehwan stood a step behind next to Taekwoon. The elder took a breath and turned. “Jaehwan ah.”

“Ne?”

“I’m sorry.” Jaehwan looked up to Taekwoon. The elder was looking down to the floor; cheeks and the tip of his ears were red. “I still don’t know why I get worked up and we fight and- I’m sorry.” Jaehwan rubbed his sweaty palms.

“I’m sorry too, hyung.” Taekwoon finally looked up. Their eyes met in a minute silence. “I’m sorry for making you angry.”

Taekwoon bit his lips. “But I hurt you with my words, isn’t it? I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay. I’m sorry too.” Jaehwan gave a smile. Taekwoon stared at it, a bit in daze.

“I will try to change.” Jaehwan looked at Taekwoon. “I don’t want to fight.”

“Me too.” Jaehwan beamed. Taekwoon smiled a little. “Hyung?”

“Hum?” Jaehwan stepped closer. Taekwoon stared at him.

“Can I hug you?” Taekwoon startled but then nodded lightly. Jaehwan beamed and hugged Taekwoon. Taekwoon had his hands on air awkwardly, didn’t know what to do with it. Jaehwan snuggled closer. “I miss hugging you, hyung.” Taekwoon felt his cheeks heated up.

Jaehwan released Taekwoon few moments later. The elder tried to hide his blush and Jaehwan remained oblivious. “Hyung.” Taekwoon startled. Jaehwan grinned. “Can we go for a dinner later after practice? It has been a while to hang out with you.” Taekwoon nodded blankly. Jaehwan beamed and hugged him once again, not as long as before. Taekwoon just watched Jaehwan, feeling the fleeting touch and warmth from the contact. His heart picked up a pace.

‘Won’t it prove you in this life you will be in love with him too?’ The words from Inguk rang in his ears.

 

 

“Are you okay?” Taekwoon asked when he saw the moody, less enthused Jaehwan sitting on his bedding. Jaehwan looked up, his eyes were slightly red.

“I feel tired.” Taekwoon came closer and reached out to touch Jaehwan’s forehead. Slightly burning.

“You caught fever.” Jaehwan blinked few times before touching his forehead. He sighed after that.

“I guess I am.”

“You don’t have schedule, right?” Jaehwan nodded. “Good, you can rest. I only have practice with Sanghyuk this morning, and I remember everyone will be out, I will be coming home early okay?” Jaehwan looked at Taekwoon.

“I’m okay…”

“No, you’re not. Don’t worry, just rest. I will get some breakfast and medicine for you.” Taekwoon pushed Jaehwan back to lean on the bed before walking out from the room before Jaehwan could say anything.

“Taekwoon?” The vocalist heard Hakyeon’s voice when he was taking some bread and a glass of milk on the tray. “You’re making breakfast?”

“This is for Jaehwan. He caught fever.” Hakyeon gasped.

“Really? Oh no poor my baby.” Taekwoon ignored Hakyeon’s last comment and continued his task finding the medicine. Hakyeon as if could read what Taekwoon wanted spoke out. “The medicine is in the cabinet on your left.” Taekwoon processed the instruction and went to retrieve the pills. He took the tray with the medicine and Hakyeon followed after him. The leader thought he should check on the younger vocalist before going for his schedule.

“Jaehwan, eat something so you can have the meds.” Taekwoon said softly as he put down the tray. Jaehwan opened his eyes and saw the elder members. He sat up.

“Thanks, hyung.” Jaehwan looked up to Hakyeon and gave a weak smile. Hakyeon came closer just to feel Jaehwan’s forehead.

“It’s quite a temperature.” Hakyeon looked at Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter