017

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 2 - The Fourth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]That fate[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"JAEHWAN!"[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Taekwoon sighed as he walked back to his apartment. He just noticed he was out of groceries when he checked of what he should cook for dinner so he went out again with a lazy step. If he checked it earlier, he could just drop by the supermarket on the way back earlier. At least he got some ride, now he had to walk on his own. He thought of listening to some songs on the way back when he just noticed he didn’t bring his phone. Fixing his cap, Taekwoon chose to walk avoiding people.

“I didn’t make mistake, the hunch is true. It’s you.” Taekwoon flinched when someone greeted him by stopping in front of him. Taekwoon looked up and noticed a quite familiar lady. “Remember me, Taekwoon ssi?” Taekwoon stared at her for a while before nodding, aware that he was outside. The lady seemed to notice his uneasiness and smiled. “You’re disguising well, I just recognize you because I dream of you in this clothes yesterday night. I guess the fate is telling me we’re meeting today because I need to tell you a message.” Taekwoon frowned.

“Huh?”

“I got a vision last week. Apparently, you didn’t have much time left. The karma is coming very soon. The time for you are almost up.” The lady said. Taekwoon looked at her.

“What that means?” The lady smiled.

“The karma is coming. It’s all I can tell you. It will be against the rule if I told what vision I see but I warn you, son. This is the last chance for you.” Taekwoon was about to ask her but she stopped him and gave a small smile. “Be careful on the road, son. Good luck.” Taekwoon frowned as she left. He wanted to ask what she meant with that but she already walked far and he was against the idea to chase her. So Taekwoon left along with the thought of the warning she gave. He walked to the pedestrian crossing and stopped at the side as he waited for the light to turn green.

Someone suddenly ran passing his side to the road when the light was still red. Taekwoon startled as he was knocked a little bit by that someone and turned when he heard honking. He saw a very familiar guy stunned in the middle of the road as a speeding truck was coming. Taekwoon widened his eyes.

At the very moment, Hongbin and Wonsik arrived at the opposite side. They also saw the scene.

“JAEHWAN!” / “Jaehwan hyung!” /  “Hey, move away!”

There were screams telling the guy to move. Taekwoon dropped his grocery bag and ran to get the guy from the road. He pulled him hard; both of them fell onto the ground. Taekwoon managed to secure the other male from hitting the ground too hard but he knocked himself in the process. Taekwoon saw black and lost conscious as he heard his name was called.

 

 

“There’s no serious injury. He will be fine when he woke up. For now, we’re sure he didn’t hit his head too hard and there are only light scratches on his arms. There’s no fracture anywhere, he’s very lucky. We shall do extra checkups after he woke up.” The doctor assured them again and smiled. Hakyeon nodded and thanked the doctor. The white coat man left the room. Wonsik was sitting on the chair beside Taekwoon’s bed while Hongbin was standing beside him patting the rapper’s shoulder for comforts. Hakyeon exhaled. Sanghyuk wasn’t there as he accompanied Jaehwan in another room. The other vocalist was getting treated for his cutting wound and the shock from the accident, Jaehwan passed out after calling out Taekwoon’s name whose went unconscious after the hit. Hakyeon patted Hongbin’s shoulder signaling him that he will leave for a while. Hongbin nodded and assured the elder he will take care of the rapper and looked out for Taekwoon. Hakyeon left afterward, walking to find Jaehwan and Sanghyuk.

On the way, he met their eldest manager. “Hakyeon.” The manager came closer. “How’s Taekwoon?”

“He’s fine. Doctor said there’s nothing serious and he will be fine when he woke up. There will be more checkups after he woke up, they can’t be 100% sure about the head concussion right now.” The manager exhaled and nodded.

“Jaehwan?”

“I’m on my way to see him.” Hakyeon said and the manager followed him. They asked the nurse about the room and the two went to find Jaehwan’s ward.

“Hyung.” Sanghyuk noticed them when he was stepping out from a ward. Hakyeon and the manager approached him. “Jaehwan hyung just fell asleep.”

“How’s he?”

“He’s still lost. Doctor said it might take some time for Jaehwan hyung to be okay, he’s showing a PTSD sign.” Sanghyuk explained. Hakyeon bit his lips.

“I will meet the doctor for more explanation.” The manager said and Hakyeon nodded. The man left.

“How about his wound?” Hakyeon asked after the manager left. Sanghyuk hummed.

“The nurse had treated it properly. The doctor noticed the other scars, there’s some of it are rather new.” Hakyeon bit his lips.

“Just like Jin said… it’s must be a while that he had been cutting.” Sanghyuk just hummed. Hakyeon pulled out his phone. “I should talk to Jin. You accompany Jaehwan for now, okay?”

“How’s Leo hyung?”

“For now, he’s safe, no serious injury. We still need to wait for him to wake up.” Sanghyuk nodded. Hakyeon dialed Seokjin’s number as he walked near to the window and the call got connected rather quickly. The VIXX leader explained the incident to Seokjin before asking him to explain the earlier talk they had about Jaehwan’s cutting. Sanghyuk just listened at the side.

 

 

Taekwoon looked around. It was a vast field filled with bright yellow canola, something that you could see during spring in Jejudo. He didn’t know why he was here and he blurrily remembered that he had an accident before he realized he’s here.

Taekwoon looked around and noticed he was alone in the canola field that seemed like no end. The sunlight wasn’t really bright, just a perfect warmth for him. The sky was blue, no hint of cloud at all. As Taekwoon was relaxing in the captivating nature, he saw something fly passed him. Two white butterflies and it were glowing. Soon there were two more joining the earlier two. Taekwoon looked around and saw there’s so many white butterflies around him and all of them were glowing.

He thought he might be crazy but the butterflies were making a path in front of him where two of them were circling him few times before flying across the path made by the butterflies. As if they’re telling him to follow, and that’s what Taekwoon did. He walked forward following the butterflies until he saw a big red doorframe in the middle of canola crop. There’s no door but a bright light inside the frame. Taekwoon wrinkled. The butterfly’s path already ended few steps from the door entrance. Taekwoon gaped in awe when the butterflies flew up, swirling in circle before forming a ball of white light.

“I’m not very sure why I have to visit you.” Taekwoon flinched to the sudden voice. It was coming from the ball. Taekwoon looked at the ball. Even though it was glowing, Taekwoon could still look at it. “Of course if I ask you, you won’t know either but I guess that lady Samshin was messing with me again.” Taekwoon frowned.

“Who are you…?” Taekwoon asked carefully, didn’t know why he felt scared. The humming heard making Taekwoon gulped.

“I don’t think you’re that dense. Anyway, it’s not my intention to meet you but Samshin made me anyway. I guess I can’t help myself.” Taekwoon was still frowning. “My son, you have the memory. You know this is the fourth life already. And I know you know about a human are given four lives.”

“You…” A light laughter came to Taekwoon’s unfinished word.

“And so you know you, Jung Taekwoon and him, Lee Jaehwan is a pair of soulmate.” Taekwoon nodded lightly. The voice clicked tongue few times. “I don’t understand why humans can’t remember the purpose of having a soulmate and the karma.” Taekwoon blinked.

“Purpose? Karma?”

“Precious Jung Taekwoon, soulmate had their own purpose to be born in this world. Soulmates came in pair, or sometime, rarely in trio. The word soulmate itself tells you the reason why they existed.” Taekwoon looked at the white ball. “Their purpose in this world is to be with and there for his/her pair. Once his/her pair didn’t need them, the karma will come along. In which, they faced the death.” Taekwoon frowned.

“That…”

“Remember your first life, Taekwoon.” Taekwoon gulped. “You didn’t fall in love and say to Jaehwan if he couldn’t erase the feeling and stay as your friend, you couldn’t help it but to stay away. And he never stopped loving you… so he died in the end.” Taekwoon bit his lips. “Your second life… because you’re a coward to tell you need him and time didn’t wait for that. Eventually, Jaehwan died for you. Even though you two love each other, the purpose of soulmate wasn’t fulfilled as you’re going to accept someone else in your life, the girl that your parents introduced to you, right?” Taekwoon didn’t say anything as he remembered that from his dreams. “And the third life, Jaehwan rejected you. In which led you to the death.”

“Oh my god.”

“Now did you realize it?” Taekwoon let his tears fell. “I can’t believe Samshin told you purposely when you met her and then she just tricked me to meet you here. I can’t get mad at her too. What a bad partner I have there.” Taekwoon wasn’t really listening. The voice cleared the throat a bit. “So now you know what’s wrong here, right? And what is the karma she kept warning you? The decision now is your hand.” Taekwoon looked up to the ball.

“Can… can I fulfill my promise this time?” Taekwoon asked. A little chuckle came from the ball.

“Believe in yourself. And believe in your soulmate too. You will get your answer. I only give hints and throw the chances for you to choose. It all depends on you.” Taekwoon was about to ask more when the light from the white ball became too bright and Taekwoon was losing conscious again.

 

 

Hakyeon didn’t expect to see Minhyuk that evening, a day after the accident. He was accompanying Taekwoon who was still in comma at the hospital alone when he told Wonsik and Sanghyuk to get some rest. Hongbin was accompanying Jaehwan at the other ward. The four guys had come to agreement to take turn on taking care of Taekwoon and Jaehwan.

“Minhyuk.” Minhyuk stepped inside and looked at the lying guy. He bit his lips.

“Taekwoon..”

“He’s fine but we need to wait for him to wake up.” Minhyuk just nodded. “How did you…”

“I come for a checkup and I met Hongbin at the hallway.” Minhyuk explained. He took Taekwoon’s hand, holding it tight. “He didn’t tell me the details, what actually happened?” Hakyeon took a breath.

“Yesterday, we kind of had a fight. Me and Jaehwan.” Hakyeon created a white lie. There’s no need for him to tell about Jaehwan’s cutting because it’s personal, Hakyeon decided. “Jaehwan left the dorm. I was worried so Wonsik, Hongbin, Sanghyuk and I went out to find him. Hongbin and Wonsik saw Jaehwan froze in the middle of the road with a truck was coming to him, they said he might be crossing it without seeing the red light. Taekwoon was accidentally there and he saved Jaehwan, knocked himself to the ground in the process making him losing conscious. The truck was making a turn and managed to dodge them before stopping with a loud screech. There’s no one got injured, thankfully. I wasn’t there; Hongbin told me what happened at the scene.” Minhyuk exhaled and nodded.

“He will be fine, right?” Hakyeon nodded.

“He will. I believe that. We’re waiting for him to wake up.” Minhyuk hummed and held the hand tighter. He closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter