002

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 2 - The Fourth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The fourth where we met again[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"Our meeting is a fate"[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]It’s another day of practice when their trainer told them the CEO was coming to meet them. Taekwoon could tell there’s something important was about to announce when their trainer looked so serious than ever. They were given some time break while waiting for the CEO to come. Taekwoon slumped against the mirror near his bag pack. Taking his drinking bottle, his best friend came to sit in front of him. Taekwoon gave a look. Hakyeon sighed. “You’re not making an effort to talk with others again.” Hakyeon said. Taekwoon ignored that comment. “Taekwoon.”

“I don’t really like talking, you know that.” Taekwoon said curtly, running his eyes away from Hakyeon. Hakyeon sighed. The two were the longest pair of trainees among the rest that was present in the room currently. Taekwoon had a problem in expressing himself with words, making him withdraw from having any conversation with others. Hakyeon was addressed to that problem when he was decided by the CEO to practice with Taekwoon in a group. He felt obligated to make Taekwoon feels comfortable with other trainees as the CEO told Hakyeon they will be debuted in a group and asked Hakyeon to at least bring Taekwoon together in the group.

Taekwoon’s eyes somehow fell on Jaehwan. It had been a while since Jaehwan first joined them. They didn’t talk but some glances had been stolen in between them. Jaehwan felt nervous by Taekwoon’s sharp eyes and Taekwoon didn’t have enough courage to talk with the other, somehow he felt weird to talk with someone that wasn’t Hakyeon even though he was so dreaded to talk with Jaehwan, the male in his dream.

“Yah, are you listening?” Taekwoon startled from his long thought and brought back his eyes to Hakyeon. The other huffed in annoyance and kindly repeated himself. “I really need you to at least try.” Taekwoon sighed.

“Drop it.” Hakyeon shook his head. Taekwoon decided to ignore the other for real this time.

Jaehwan was sitting next to the couch that was occupied by two same-age friends. They’re talking before looking over Jaehwan. “Jaehwan hyung.” Jaehwan looked up to the beautiful dimples. “How you find your day? We didn’t get the chance to really ask you.” The male said now turning towards Jaehwan, waiting for answer. His best friend already flopped down from the couch to sit on the floor, leaning against his friend’s legs.

“Yeah, was it tough? I remember it’s quite tough and tiring at first but I managed. We should actually take care of you more but we couldn’t. We’re sorry.” The male on the floor said. Jaehwan just smiled and shook his head.

“I’m fine. Still strong on my feet. Thanks for concerning, you guys are so kind, Wonsik ah, Hongbin ah.” Jaehwan flashed a smile.

“I hope we will debut soon.” Hongbin suddenly said. Jaehwan just smiled lightly while Wonsik nodded.

“We’re all hoping the same.” Wonsik was about to add more but the practice room door opened and revealed their CEO. Everybody quickly got up and greeted him in unison, lining up in front of him. The CEO watched them one by one.

“So, I have an announcement to make.” He watched over the seven males present in the room. The trainees looked at each other for a second before turning back to their boss. “You guys gonna debut soon.” Their face lit up a bit. “But not all of you.” They froze.

Their trainer appeared at the door and the CEO called him in. All of them turned to the door; their trainer was coming in with three new faces. The seven males were puzzled. If not all of them were going to debut, then how come there are new additions? Those questions lingered in their mind. The CEO smiled to the new three guys. “They’re the newest addition to your group, who are going to fight for the debut. I’m not decided the number of members in the group yet but as I mention, not all of you are going to debut. We’re going to have few evaluations to pick the last members. Do you understand?”

They nodded. “Yes, sir.” The CEO ushered the three new guys introduced themselves. The seven males took turns telling their names and ages, the CEO then told them the three will be moving into the dorm later. He then left the trainees with the trainer.

“So, today you guys are free to practice on your own as well as getting to know these guys. Ah, as they are new, you should tell them some stuff and teach them some of our dance routine, okay? I will be around the building if you need me. Hakyeon, take the lead.” The said male nodded and the trainer left after that. The seven males looked at the three. Hakyeon gave a smile.

“Don’t scare them, guys.” He tried to lift up the mood that had been dampened since the announcement of the debut. “Anyway, who’s willing to help me teach them some dance?” Hakyeon said. No one said a thing and Hakyeon sighed. He called up some names.

Taekwoon already knew Hakyeon won’t include him when it came to dancing so he walked out from the circle first. One of the newbies’ eyes followed his movement, feeling the coldness. Jaehwan noticed and moved closer to the newbie. Hakyeon was talking to Hongbin, deciding which dance routine they should start first. Hakyeon had decided Hongbin and Jaehwan to help him teaching the new three guys. “Hey.” The newbie turned to Jaehwan’s voice. Jaehwan gave a smile. “Can I call you Sanghyuk?” The younger nodded. Jaehwan smiled wider. “Eum… I hope you won’t mind much of the others. I mean the cold treatment, everybody was still trying to get accustomed with the fact that not everyone will debut and there are new people so-”

“Oh, it’s okay Jaehwan- eum hyung?” Jaehwan smiled to the timid shy voice.

“Just call me hyung.” Jaehwan grinned. “Um, just understand Taekwoon ssi. He’s not that scary but he just not used to talk. I’m still scared of him but his stare is not saying he hates you, it’s just him.” Jaehwan rubbed his nape. “Eum, I’m not that brave yet with him. We’re not that closed yet, I’m still considered new within them. So I quite understand if you’re scared of him. Believe me; I’m scared of him on the first day I’m here too.” Jaehwan smiled.

“His eyes…” Sanghyuk scratched his hair. “It’s scary.”

“Hakyeon hyung tells me he didn’t mean anything, just his eyes are sharp and he stared when he wanted to say something to that person while assembling his words in his head. And he’s not used to talk with new people; he needs time to come around. From experience, let’s just get used to his stare and don’t make him annoyed.” Sanghyuk nodded. Hakyeon called the younger over as they’re going to start teaching, Jaehwan followed.

His eyes travelled to where Taekwoon was sitting. The elder was looking at the lyrics sheet, singing along with the song blasted from the earphones he was wearing. He was scared of Taekwoon, yes. But he somehow felt a connection and interested about Taekwoon. He was still gathering some courage to be closer to the elder and hoped that they will make it into the group so that he would have real opportunity to approach the other. Jaehwan later turned away, concentrating to Hakyeon’s words. Another day passed for them.

 

 

Everybody was looking at each other. The final lineup now had been completed. Jaehwan was still in the state of shock, Taekwoon stayed silent, Hakyeon was hugging the eliminated members while Hongbin and Wonsik were seen wiping the little tears. Sanghyuk felt out of place because he’s the only one among the new addition managed to be the final members. He felt bad for the other but he was happy too.

Taekwoon glanced up to Jaehwan who now wrapped his arms around Sanghyuk, congratulating the younger sincerely. He felt a tinge of jealousy and just stared at them without a word. He was confident that they will end up in the final member because he knew Jaehwan is an awesome vocalist and if they needed to choose in between Jaehwan and him, Taekwoon thought Jaehwan would be the one. Other than that, he knew their fate was stronger so he was somehow sure they will end up together in one team and today had proved his hunch was right. He vividly remembered Jaehwan in his dreams, few unfamiliar scenes came to him sometimes but he can’t remember most of it. He knew they had some kind of connection and attraction and he believed his mother’s words, Jaehwan is his soulmate. All he needed to do was approaching the other, which is hard for him, the shy and awkward guy.

Jaehwan felt a stare and looked up. He missed Taekwoon’s eyes as the elder had turned away quickly when he saw Jaehwan was looking up. Jaehwan saw Taekwoon walked to Hakyeon, saying something. Apparently the elder who now officially became their leader in the group of six members, was crying after the eliminated members left the practice room. They were told to pack up and said goodbyes later while the final members had some meeting with the CEO in few minutes. “Hyung.” Jaehwan turned and caught Sanghyuk’s eyes. The youngest smiled. “Thank you… you’re so kind to me.”

“I feel you the most. You know it why.” Sanghyuk nodded, feeling so thankful to the elder. Not that the rest ignored him or anything, but there’s still a gap between him and them. Only with Jaehwan, he felt a true company. He didn’t hate the rest, no, just he preferred Jaehwan more. Jaehwan patted Sanghyuk’s back. “Don’t worry; you will be fine with them, okay?” Sanghyuk just nodded.

“Stop crying, ugly.” Taekwoon gave some tissues. Hakyeon pouted.

“I’m sorry, can’t help it.” Hakyeon sighed and wiped his tears. At that moment, Wonsik and Hongbin walked to them.

“Are you okay, hyung?” Wonsik asked. Hakyeon nodded.

“Yeah, don’t worry.”

“You need to calm down thou, hyung. We’re meeting the CEO.” Hakyeon chuckled.

“Yeah, okay.” Hakyeon looked over and found Jaehwan and Sanghyuk were too far from them. “Guys!” Jaehwan looked up and Sanghyuk turned. “Come here.” Jaehwan nodded and pulled Sanghyuk with him. Sanghyuk looked very nervous as they came closer. Hakyeon just noticed the youngest uneasiness.

Taekwoon just stared at the attached hand and bit his lips hideously. “So, we’re a team now.” Hakyeon’s voice heard when they’re gathered in a circle. Hongbin and Wonsik hummed simultaneously. “I really wish we can make it work. A team.” Jaehwan nodded.

“Of course, hyung. We’re one step closer to our dream.” Jaehwan voiced out and nudged Sanghyuk. “Right?” Sanghyuk nodded, flashing a smile that not really reaching h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter