010

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 2 - The Fourth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Change[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"You're not a good friend to begin with."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Oh, Taekwoon oppa! Hakyeonie oppa!” The two turned and gave a smile to the girl who was skipping to them. The girl slid her arms into theirs. “Nice to meet you here.”

“Nice to meet you, Yeondoo~” Hakyeon said.

“Hey, Eunji ah.” Taekwoon said with small voice. Eunji grinned. Ever since she did musical with Taekwoon, they became friends but they got even closer when Eunji did the drama with Hakyeon. Eunji looked over and spotted the rest of VIXX.

“Hi.” The rest answered with a smile, but Hongbin and Jaehwan were just faking it. Eunji pulled her arms away and turned her attention to the two boys. “We need to take a picture.” Hakyeon laughed.

“Why you’re so eager?”

“It’s hard to meet you guys, our promotion rarely clashed and my mom really likes Taekwoon oppa.” Eunji beamed and Taekwoon blushed slightly, telling her to stop. Hakyeon pouted.

“Yah, how about me?”

“My brother likes you so shut up.” Taekwoon giggled to that statement when Hakyeon and Eunji playfully hit each other. It had been like that if they met. While they’re taking picture, Hongbin who was keeping his eyes felt his heart boiling. Jaehwan on the other hand ignored it even though sometime he took glances.

“Ah, right.” Eunji said suddenly as she scrolled over the pictures they just took. “I noticed you smile more often now oppa.” Eunji gave her thumb ups to Taekwoon and grinned. Taekwoon blinked and rubbed his nape.

“Wh-why?”

“You look nicer! I mean, more handsome.” Eunji giggled like a fangirl. Hakyeon chuckled at the side.

“You sound like a fangirl, Jung Eunji.” Eunji pouted.

“What? Can’t I be one?” Hakyeon pouted back.

“You should be my fangirl.” Eunji gasped and slapped Hakyeon’s arm.

“Ewww, I don’t want.” Hakyeon gritted his teeth.

“Meanie.” Eunji stuck out her tongue to Hakyeon and Taekwoon giggled. If the two were not very immersed in their bickering, they would be shocked to hear Taekwoon’s rare giggle. People around them were amused of that new side of Taekwoon. Even now, few people gave their attention including Hongbin and Jaehwan to Taekwoon while the conversation between the three went on.

“Damn, it’s very rare.” Hongbin heard whispers near them and caught EXO’s leader in his sight.

“You have been interested in him since forever, Suho hyung. It’s time to approach thou. You’re taking too much time already.” The maknae, Sehun said to the leader. Suho looked at the maknae.

“Is it okay thou? I’m afraid.”

“Ugh, you like him a lot, don’t you?” Hongbin noticed it was Xiumin talking. Suho blushed and nodded while rubbing his nape. Sehun cooed to their leader slowly while Xiumin grinned. “Kai is closed with Ravi, and Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun always go out with Ken. I can’t believe you didn’t try to do anything through that fact.” Suho bit his lips.

“I- I’m… erm…” Sehun giggled.

“It’s weird seeing Suho hyung losing confident.”

“You should go approach him quicker because I see so many people interested in him now. Look around.” Xiumin said and Suho looked around, so do Hongbin who was still eavesdropping. The two could see few guys and girls were stealing glances at the oblivious Taekwoon who was still in conversation with Eunji and Hakyeon. Hongbin was sure that one of the interested persons was Eunji. The visual didn’t need to listen more to the EXO members’ conversation as he walked to the three friends, staying around to listen to them.

“Hyung, can we talk?” Hongbin whispered to Taekwoon when Eunji was talking to Hakyeon. Taekwoon ignored the visual, knowing he won’t like whatever Hongbin wanted. Hongbin bit his lips, trying not to show his pissed face as they’re among the idols at the backstage of year-end concert.

“Taekwoon oppa.” Taekwoon looked at Eunji. “I hope we can do musical again.” Taekwoon nodded.

“Me too, it’s nice working with you.” Taekwoon smiled. Eunji grinned and said few words before she excused herself to be with her group members. Hakyeon sent her with his look while Hongbin held Taekwoon’s arm.

“Hyung.”

“Stop. Don’t try to attract people’s attention.” Taekwoon said through his gritted teeth.

“Hyung.”

“Lee Hongbin.” Hongbin froze. That was the first time Taekwoon sounded very cold. Hongbin couldn’t believe that Taekwoon just told him off with that cold tone. He felt more confirmed now. Taekwoon had changed a bit. Taekwoon turned to Hongbin, giving a look and Hongbin just smiled bitterly as he let go. Hakyeon saw that and looked around, relieved that no one paid attention to them at the moment. Hongbin stepped back and moved to find Wonsik. Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon after Hongbin left.

“Taekwoon?”

“I’m fine.” Taekwoon said when he noticed Hakyeon was asking ‘are you okay’ with that call. Hakyeon just shrugged and greeted with a junior group that approached Hakyeon. Taekwoon just gave them subtle smiles and exchanged a formal greeting before someone approached him.

“Hey…” Taekwoon blinked.

“Um, hey Joonmyeon.” Taekwoon didn’t know what to say. This was the first time this guy came to him alone and greeted him. They was still talking formally but already called each other by name. Suho was rubbing his palms together. Taekwoon looked at him. “You-”

“Eum, mind if I get your phone number, Leo hyung?” Taekwoon was taken aback a bit but nodded nonetheless. Suho beamed and gave the other male his phone. Taekwoon took it and punched in his number before giving back to EXO leader. “Do you have free time on 3rd?”

“We have two-day break for New Year… I guess it’s on 2nd and 3rd. Why?” Suho gulped nervously.

“I will contact you later.” Suho smiled and left. Taekwoon blinked and was left dumbfounded. Hakyeon stood next to Taekwoon after the junior group left.

“Did Suho talk to you just now? What is it?” Taekwoon turned to Hakyeon.

“He asked about my free time… and my phone number?” Hakyeon blinked.

“Omo, did you just get hit by him?” Taekwoon flushed.

“Hey, we don’t even know he swings that way or not.” Taekwoon said softly, still flushing red. The fact that he might get hit on by someone made him shy.

“Who knows? Plus it’s pretty convincing because he sounded like wanted to ask you for a date.” Hakyeon said. Taekwoon rubbed his nape. “I’m not interfering but you better make a good decision about this thing… you know what I mean right?” Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon. “Taekwoon, about Jaehwan...”

“I don’t feel obligate to give you answer or something.” Taekwoon just smiled and left the leader to pester Sanghyuk who was alone at corner. Hakyeon sighed as he watched Taekwoon left.

“Aigoo. What happened to Taekwoon I used to know actually? I’m fine if he smiled more but something is not right.” Hakyeon mumbled to himself.

 

 

Taekwoon took notice. The first was Suho who suddenly approached him for a phone number in which later the younger asked if Taekwoon would like for a hangout together through a text. He now pretty convinced Suho had interest in him and thought it might be okay to make new friends. The second was Sojin who he met through a special stage previously suddenly approached him after the same year-end concert ended and asked if he had a girlfriend. Even though Taekwoon badly wanted to tell he’s not interested in girls, he knew he had to lie about that and told her he’s single which is true anyway. The girl groups were taking the issue pretty differently like how the boy groups dealt with the straight-or-gay issue; Taekwoon knew whatever nasty things going on around the boys – like friends with benefit or -buddies – the girls didn’t know. He caught the hints that Sojin was asking because she’s interested in him. Taekwoon didn’t very pleasant with it because during the special stage, Sojin was just normal with him rarely talking. He felt like Sojin’s sudden interest because of his changes.

Taekwoon was aware that he’s changing, more like he’s more socialized, smiling more and trying to talk with other as much as he could. He noticed people were pleased with these changes and he guessed Eunji was right. He looked better with this new side of him. He felt a bit happy, somehow.

On the next year-end concert VIXX was attending, he was approached by Infinite Woohyun. They talked, mostly Woohyun but Taekwoon was able to continue the conversation as he felt comfortable with that cheerful but flirty main vocalist of Infinite. Somehow, they clicked pretty well and Woohyun straight-forwardly told Taekwoon that he liked him. Taekwoon blushed to the compliment and sudden confession but Woohyun told Taekwoon they could take it slow and started as friend, which Taekwoon agreed too. Woohyun even told Taekwoon, he knew there were many people interested in Taekwoon and aware of the competition. Taekwoon was blushing and denied Woohyun shyly where the other just simply smiled and commented how pretty Taekwoon with redness. That made Taekwoon even redder. The two managed to exchange contact to keep in touch.

Hakyeon came to him after he met Suho on the third of January telling him there’s someone among his acquaintances asking for Taekwoon’s number. The leader asked if the vocalist agreed to it or not. Taekwoon told Hakyeon he didn’t mind to make more friends. The leader somehow felt he saw a nice expression on Taekwoon after so long. Even though he believed about Taekwoon and Jaehwan, he saw Taekwoon’s happiness as something important too. So he let Taekwoon be happy with his current situation. He let Taekwoon had more friends.

It was few days later that Taekwoon got to know who Hakyeon was giving his number to. The vocalist didn’t know how but he received a message from Yong Junhyung that evening.

From: Unknown

Hi, Taekwoon ssi. This is Yong Junhyung. I got your number from Hakyeon’s friend,
which is my friend. He told me you know about it. I’m just wanna make friends
with you. I know you interested in making songs. So, if you’re fine, can we meet?
I kinda thinking that I want you to sing for a song of mine and for that, I can
teach you about producing song? Let me know if you agreed.

Taekwoon felt happy. He admired Junhyung as one of the idols who made their own songs. Junhyung was a good producer, Taekwoon loved all the songs. He definitely liked the fact Junhyung would teach him. Even though he felt like it was an excuse to meet, Taekwoon liked it. And he decided to meet Junhyung. He gained another new friend along that.

While Taekwoon was expanding his circle of friends, Hongbin watched at the side line with boiling heart. He couldn’t believe Taekwoon c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter