001

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 2 - The Fourth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Prologue[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"I want to love you like there's no tomorrow"[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]The First

They had known each other since high school, they’re roommates. They’re quite a good friend even though at times the elder between the two would get annoyed with the younger’s loudness. Maybe because they’re opposite and it’s attracted, so they came together as best friends throughout their school years. Going to a different path after high school, they had never heard of each other. One had entered the police academy while the other one went to pursuit his dream job as a pilot. What they didn’t really expect to meet in this kind of situation. A group blind date that they’re both had been forced to come.

“It has been a while.” The brown haired said sipping his cola as he watched the other guys and girls got hyped singing in front. The black haired male beside him nodded softly.

“Yeah, how’s life Jaehwan? I’m quite amused we met here.” The black haired said with a rare smile he had. Even they didn’t meet for a long time, but it felt quite comfortable.

“So and so, I’m still a normal detective in my division. Need to do more to climb the stairs. How about you, Taekwoon hyung? Last I heard, you accepted into the academy.”

“I’m a pilot.” Jaehwan beamed.

“Ah! So your dream comes true, congrats hyung. Even it might be late already.” Jaehwan grinned. Taekwoon smiled to the younger.

“Thank you, you’re getting your dream too.” Jaehwan chuckled.

“I want to be a chief so I’m still on the way.” Taekwoon laughed softly. “So is there any girl you like?”

Taekwoon sighed. “I’m here because someone can’t come so they needed to fill the gap.” Jaehwan’s face lit up.

“Hey, we’re the same. They’re not my type anyway thou.” Taekwoon looked at Jaehwan.

“Really? I think Yuna ssi kinda your style, if I remember it correctly.” Jaehwan chuckled.

“I don’t find my interest.” Jaehwan gave a light smile. “Hyung?”

“I don’t have interest for relationship at the moment. I need to focus on my career.” Jaehwan nodded. Taekwoon let the silence continued as he sipped his drink. Jaehwan watched his elder friend for a while before keeping a smile to himself. ‘I’m glad we met again.’

 

“Jaehwan, are you crazy?” Taekwoon said uncomfortably as he glanced around. The others were looking at them, some of his co-workers also were whispering while looking at them. “Yah.”

“I’m not crazy, or maybe I am. But it’s you I’m crazy about.” Taekwoon gave a disbelief stare. Jaehwan was holding up a bouquet of roses with nice suit, some kind of proposing the elder to be his boyfriend. People were looking at them in disgust and disbelief, some of them were smiling to the sweet event but Taekwoon was definitely embarrassed when the younger just came to greet him who was just arrived from flying to America with this surprise. “Hyung.”

“Jaehwan, no. I’m not- I don’t swing that way.”

“Taekwoon hyung, I have this feeling since we’re in high school. But I’m afraid to ask you out. I thought- I thought I feel like that because we’re so closed and I’m confused with our friendship. So I keep silence and move on, dating few girls not to think about this feeling for you. I kept this secret until we graduated and then we parted our ways. I thought all the time I didn’t see you, I got over this feeling already.” Jaehwan gulped. “But meeting you that day of the blind date, I realized I still have feelings for you and it gets more serious. Now I learn… I love you, Taekwoon hyung.” Taekwoon shook his head.

“I’m sorry Jaehwan. But I’m not gay. And even so, I’m not ready to be in a relationship. Jaehwan, I know I will be a bit cruel to say this but I think it’s better to be honest with you.” Taekwoon took a breath. He cared for Jaehwan as his best friend and how he wished they could be a great friend till the end. But right now, his honesty is going to make things awkward and he knew he would lose Jaehwan as his best friend. “I never think you as more than a friend, you’re my best friend Jaehwan. I can’t accept your feeling, I’m sorry. I- I only like girls.” Taekwoon looked away, feeling bad. Jaehwan’s grip on the bouquet got tighter, almost crushing it. Taekwoon bit his lips. “I’m very sorry Jaehwan, I hope you would forget the feelings and we could be friend again. But if not… I’m sorry.” Taekwoon bowed slightly and left. Jaehwan’s face fell and he felt numb. It was embarrassed enough to get rejected and now the immediate audiences also were whispering some bad words on him. Jaehwan blamed himself for being too bold but more than that, he was hurt by Taekwoon’s words. He thought Taekwoon had a slight feeling for him. They’re so closed – since high school, and now they met again, they naturally went back to how they used to be. Taekwoon seemed didn’t mind his occasional skinship all this time and sometimes Taekwoon would be comfortable enough to reciprocate the skinship compared to their high school era.

Jaehwan’s grip on the flower loosened and he broke down there, didn’t care about people around him. He bawled his heart as if there’s no tomorrow for him.

 

 

The Second

The captain looked over his teams that are assembling their tents for the night. “Captain.” He turned and saw the lieutenant. “I have sent the message to the headquarters and they let us camping outside tonight.” The captain nodded.

“Good job, Lieutenant Lee.” The captain turned back to the other soldiers. Out of sudden, there’s an explosion heard and gunshots sound boomed in the thick forest. Everybody dropped their current job and grabbed their own guns. “Get alarm with your surroundings and turn on your communicator.” The captain hissed loudly to get his message through all his teammates. They’re a bit lucky as no one took off their communicator yet.

The captain just noticed his sniper was out of the reach. He cursed under his breath. A click of trigger hit his eardrum and he turned around. “Captain! Duck down!” He managed to react to the shout and ducked down. Two shots heard and he moved quickly to take cover. Managed to quickly register the situation, he noticed the lieutenant had back up for him on the hidden ambusher. The lieutenant had taken a cover.

“Lieutenant, are you okay?” The captain called through the communicator.

“A graze on my thigh, nothing serious. Are you armed now, captain?” The lieutenant gave a look to his superior who hid across him on the right.

“No, but I will find a way.” The captain looked around again. “Alpha one, alpha one.” The captain now called the other members by the code name. One voice heard through the receiver. “Anyone manage to recognise the ambushers?”

“Alpha six here, they’re wearing red band on left hand.”

“Red army.” The captain hissed. “Lieutenant, try to contact the HQ.”

“Alpha ten here, I’m hiding near the main tent. I will do it.”

“Okay, roger Alpha ten.” The captain heard the bushes near him moving and he bit his lips. If it was the ambusher, he was in danger. When he was trying to figure his move, someone came over him and a gunshot was fired. The captain startled.

“Oh no!” He quickly grabbed the limb body, blood was gushing out from the chest. They sat on the ground with chest met the semi-cold back. “What did you do?”

The now pale male smiled lightly. “It’s my job to protect you at all cost.”

“Not with your life!” The male chuckled and coughed a second later. “Don’t talk or laugh.”

“It’s worth it. You’re important person in the army, captain.”

“Why you’re being stupid, lieutenant?” The captain said, even though his face was icy cold, his eyes showed otherwise. The lieutenant weakly brought his hand over the captain. “Hang on… you will make it.”

“No.” The male blinked once. Dark spots started to dance in his view. “The bullet grazed my important organ. I can feel it.” The male tried to look at his superior. “I couldn’t make it this time. We’re surrounded.”

“No, I can’t let it happen.” The captain took a grip on the rifle that had been used by his lieutenant. “I will bring you out and save your life.”

“Let it go, Taekwoon ssi. I’m dying. Just leave me here and fight your way out.” The captain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter