The talk.

My life was hell but with you, I'm starting to know what heaven feels like.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wake up with his name in my mouth.

Seulgi 

I blink a couple of times just to be back in reality. I sit up and ruffle my hair. Did I just dreamt of him? Did I really? Why though? Questions linger in my head with no answers. I remove myself from my cozy comfort and head off to shower. After I'm done cleaning myself, I step out off the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body. I walk over to my closet to pick out today's outfit, my closet welcomes me with a mix of lavish, expensive clothing and cheap, hobo clothing.

I finally pick out the appeal of the day, a pink sleeveless blouse with a pair of white fitted trousers. Once I'm done dressing up, I go over to the vanity table to put some light makeup on then put my hair up into a high ponytail. I step back and check for any mistakes that I might make you look nice girl I feel my lips curve up a bit and I mentally pat myself on the back for not looking like a hobo like I normally do. Feeling pleased with myself, I step away from the mirror to the bedside table to retrieve my phone and purse. I make my way down the stairs and eventually out the door. 

After a very crowded bus ride, I reach my workplace. As I enter the cafe, I inhale the scent deeply filling my lungs with coffee scent right in the morning oh how lovely. It's weird that I don't drink coffee but works at a place where they mostly sell coffee based beverages, I just love the smell of it but I detest the taste of it how contradicting is that? Anyway, I walk up to the counter and greet the girl behind who's busy grinding the coffee beans.

"Good morning Jieun-ah" I greet her with a warm smile.

She lifts her head up and smiles at her as well "Good morning unnie"

"Anything I can help you with? " I ask her walking behind the counter to get an apron from the lower cabinets and put it on.

"Not really unnie, have you eaten?" 

"No I haven't eaten." 

"Me either, I'll just finish here and we'll go get breakfast OK? " She says in a cheerful tone.

"Alright, you need me to help with it, I mean we can finish faster if there's more than one person."

"It's OK unnie, I'm almost done here." 

I smile and nod.

 

A couple of minutes later, Jieun is done with grinding the coffee beans and now we're both sitting in the cafe enjoying take outs.

"Unnie where did you went yesterday?" Jieun starts the conversation.

I try to form words in my head first before I actually  mutter something stupid out. What should I tell her? That I drank irresponsibly the night before and woke up hungover on a man's bed the following day? Or that I went out with the owner of the bed I woke up on all day long and that he introduced me as his fiance and the mother of his soon-to-be born child? No thanks. 

"I went to alot of places yesterday." I mutter

"Really? I bet you had fun." 

"I guess." I say quietly 

"You guess unnie? Of course you would have fun I mean you went with the "Kang Seulgi" yesterday so I don't know how can you say you guess. " She says. What?! How did she know I went out with that obnoxious idiot yesterday? 

"How did you know that I went out with him?" I ask

"He called yesterday to tell me that you weren't coming in and you were going to spend the rest of the day with him and may I tell you unnie his voice is very handsome I bet he's very handsome judging by his voice." Jieun beams and it makes me sick to hear that she thinks that idiot is handsome. 

"And why would you think that I had fun with him? " I arch an eyebrow.

"Because unnie he's Kang Seulgi of Kang's Company and I'm sure he would take you to places you've never been to before and I'm also sure that he has alot of surprises up his sleeves." Oh you don't say Jieun-ah

"Yes he's Kang Seulgi of Kang's Company so? " I my head to one side.

"So unnie he's very rich and I'm sure he had showed you done of his assets." Yeah, his car collection, his penthouse and his "surprises"

"You've never seen his face before? I mean there should be done on magazines and stuff." I ask feeling skeptical.

"Oh no unnie, no one outside of his company, friends, families and the places he has been to have seen him before." I give Jieun a questioning look. What is that supposed to mean? No one aside from those people have seen him before? Now this sparks my curiosity. "What is that supposed to mean? "

"His face has never appeared on any magazines or newspaper or even the social media." And now I'm more curious 

"You mean he has never showed his face out for the world to see before?

"Yeah unnie he wouldn't let anyone take his picture." Even more curious now. 

"Why? " Do you have to be that mysterious Kang?

"Beats me unnie but I've heard that once a person or the press tried to take a picture of him and was going to post it on social media but before they could do that he found out about it first and was on the verge of filling a lawsuit against that person for violating privacy." Wow Kang you are intense.

"And did he do it? "

"Luckily, the person apologized and deleted all the photos and no charges were taken." Wow Kang you are full of surprises.

"How did you know all of these stuff?"

"Some of my friends actually stalks him, they wanted to take pictures as but they were too afraid to do so, so they didn't but they've told me that he's very handsome and y at the same time." I gag a bit. 

"So is it true unnie? Is he that handsome like his voice?"

That idiot handsome? Haha oh my god.

"No he's not, he's like how a bum would look like." I say trying to hide my devious smile. 

"Oh really? That's too bad, I'd thought his face would be as handsome as his voice claims to be." Her tine is now sad. I pat her head in fake sympathy.

"I'm sorry Jieun-ah that his face isn't as handsome as his voice claims to be." I continue patting her head.

"It's alright untie but there's something I'm very curious about." I stop patting her head as I feel like the question she's about to ask wouldn't be in my favor.

"What is it? " My voice turns timid.

"How did you know Seulgi like how did the both of you meet? " She asks. What should I tell her? Oh I don't know I met him at a club where my guy friend is his best bud, we mingled I think and then later on we ended up having with each other oh and he took my precious v-card that I should be saving for my future husband but unfortunately an obnoxious dimwit took it from me without my stable consciousness.

"It's a long story. " I say.

"Just shorten it. "

"A friend introduced me to him that's it." I say shortly. 

"That's it? "

"Yes, that's it."

"If you say so unnie." Jieun pouts then gets up from her seat and I know she's irritated.

My phone then vibrates, I pick up the phone and unlock it, one new message from Bogum.

Good morning my lovely princess- Bogum 

I smile at his text.

Good morning to you too. I hit send and he replies instantly.

Joy called me several times the day before, I was very busy and I didn't have time to get to it, did something happened? - Bogum 

Oh so that's why that idiot picked me up instead of you.

No nothing happened don't worry about it. 

OK then if nothing happened, I just want to tell you that my parents wants us to have dinner with them, are you OK with that? - Bogum 

Of course I'm OK with that they're your parents how could I say no silly.

Haha of course you would how silly of me, I'll pick you up after work then. I'll see you later I love you.- Bogum 

I'll see you later as well, love you.

I lock my phone and put it back inside my pocket. I smile at the thought of meeting his parents again, last time I met his parents was like a year ago when we first started dating and they were sweethearts. They treated me like actual family, mostly people would be nervous meeting their significant other's parents for the first time including me of course but his parents were so nice and lovely there's nothing to be afraid of. I stop my thoughts and stand up to clean the table and finally get ready for the batches if customers to arrive. Soon after, the first batch of customers starts to pour in, ordering this and that, not giving even a second to give them my feedback. The first half of the day consists of me listening to their orders , giving Jieun their orders, taking their money, serving them and cleaning after them. I'm not even going to lie that my legs are starting to kill me and this is just the first half of the day, another half to go and now I'm starting to feel tired , I must be getting old. I stop my nonsense thoughts in my head and continue working.

"Jieun-ah, can you serve this to table 12 for me? " I ask giving her the tray of orders, she takes it and walks over to the table to serve while I attend this customer's needs and wants. "Have a nice day miss." I say giving her a warm smile, she smiles back and walks out of the shop. 

Jieun soon comes back with a towering stacks of dirty cups and plates, I didn't hesitate to help her. " Let me help you Jieun-ah." I say taking a fragment of the cups and plates from the tray and ut them in the sink. 

"I'll take it from here unnie, go back to whatever you're doing." She gives me a smile, I nod and go back to whatever I was doing.

Me and Jieun are currently waiting for customers to go back to their respective offices so that we both can finally have lunch after a hectic morning and brunch.

"What do you want to eat unnie?"Jieun suddenly asks

"I don't know really, you can buy me anything I'm not a picky eater." I murmur

"Ok then I'll buy you a bucket of chicken for lunch." She says in a playful tone and I turn my head to glare at her.

"I'm just joking unnie , we all know that you have a hate relationship with the feathery bird." She pats my head, I glare at her even more and removes her hand.

"Yeah, yeah , yeah laugh it up." I say bitterly

She gives me a sad look and cups my face. " I'm just joking unnie don't have to take it seriously." She coos caressing my face and I close my eyes for a bit. I open my eyes to see an idiot smirking at me caressing my face, I widen my eyes.

"What's wrong Bae surprised to see me?" He smirks and wiggle his brows.

I push "it" away hardly and rub my eyes frantically, I stop rubbing them and a shocked Jieun comes to view.

"What's wrong unnie?" She asks worriedly.

Am I seeing things? Most importantly why am I seeing that moron? I groan internally.

"Nothing, I'll be right back." I stand up and scurry to the washroom. I turn on the tap and splash water onto my face repeatedly, I lift my head up and look at myself in the mirror. Why the hell am I thinking about you?! Stop it woman! Once I've calm myself down enough , I grab some tissues beside me and wipe my face then walk out of the washroom. I walk back to  the counter and Jieun looks at me worriedly.

"Unnie are you okay?" She asks putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine." My voice hesitant.

"Ok then unnie I'll just go out for a while , can you look after the shop for a while?" She asks.

"Of course."

  She removes her hand then gets her purse and wlk out of the shop. I fish out my phone to catch up with the rest of the world. After a couple minutes later, Jieun enters with our lunch, I beam and walk over to help her with the bags. We set the bags on the table, Jieun take out our mels and places it on the table .

"Here unnie" She hands me my eating utensils.

"Thanks." I beam.

Soon after we both starts to dig in.

 

Within a half an hour, we both finish our meal and I can tell that that we're both completely stuffed and very satisfied. I take a sip of my water.

"Are you going anywhere today unnie?" Jieun speaks up.

I press my lips. "Bogum is taking me to have dinner with his parents today." I can see the change in her facial expression.

"Oh OK then, have fun. " She mutters quietly.

I eye her confusingly. "Why'd you asked?"

"I'd thought maybe if you weren't doing anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter