The ball and surprise.

My life was hell but with you, I'm starting to know what heaven feels like.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi ya people! another update from me! Just want to inform you all that the next update will take while since I have an entrance exam to study for and I hope you all will understand. ^.^ Anyways, enjoy the chapter and subscribe if the story interests you, upvote if you think the story deserves it and comment your thoughts down below. (I do love reading your guy's comments) Till next time, bye bye, nyeong-an chingus. PS. Please continue to support our girls and stream peek-a-boo (another bop of the year) :D

I still haven't figure out on how to tell Bogum the truth about the issue that has been bothering me since forever. I couldn't think of anything especially not when he suddenly showed up completely surprising me, I was cleaning up the place with Jieun and he suddenly just showed up in front of me, completely throwing me off guard. I thought he'd be back by next week but I guess some things do come when you least expect them to. I still can't bring myself to tell him the truth, I just can't. We never once fought, never, because he would let me win in everything even if it wasn't his fault. How can I tell him  everything when he's so caring and genuine like this?

I'm so unworthy of him, he doesn't deserve me; he deserve someone better than me, someone who would love him as much as he loves her, someone who will never leave him sedpite thousands of people telling her to and most importantly someone who will not take him for granted, someone who isn't me. He doesn't deserve someone who is as selfish as me, he doesn't. His selfless personality makes it so difficult to tell him everything, he would always ask me if I needed anythng when I clearly said that I didn't yet he still bought something for me eventhough I didn't want it. I shouldn't have said yes when he asked me out, I never thought of him more than a good friend of mine but he looked very hopeful when he was waiting for my answer and I didn't want to let him down so I said yes, how stupid of me.

During our time as a couple, he has done nothing but try to please me, always asking what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go or what I wanted to eat, he asked me everything but he never ask himself what he wanted to do or where he wanted to go or what he wanted to eat, he would always put me first before himself. I've had a couple of boyfriends before Bogum and all of them were either jerks or mama's boys and I thought I wouldn't be able to find a guy who wouldn't treat me like trash or his second mother until I met Bogum and never in my life have I ever had a man praising and worshipping me for everything that I do, it was something new.

I do like him, alot but I can't bring myself to return the same amount of love he gave me. I've tried to force myself into it but nothing and I feel guilty everytime he does things for me and not expect anything in return. I already thought that Bogum was different from any guy taht I met before but this guy takes it to another level and that guy is named Kang Seulgi. I've never met anyone like Seulgi before, when I first saw him at the club, I thought he was cute and I was distracted by his board shoulders. At that moment, I saw a bunch og women staring hungrily at him but I just shrugged it off as I thought it would be normal fo girls to look att him that way, I mean I'm not going to lie that heis very andsome and not to mention y.

I was actually surprised to find that he's single; look a him, how can a man like him still be single? He's handsome, rich, smart and is workin in a great positon, tons of girls fall for him including me and I hate admitting that. Out of all the girls who throw themselves at him, he had to pick me, why? I'm taken, why me? Out of all the girls out there. I bet the girl who was with him yesterday is one of them as well. What a jerk, taking a another girl to where I work at and telling me that I look beautiful but his date looks better than me? What a horrible person, making my modd sour for hours. Damn him and his ways to manage to make me fall for him, damn him. Who was that woman anyway? Is she his new fling? Or his girlfriend? Who is she? The thought of them together makes me so angry, I guess this is jealousy talking. My thoughts were interrupted when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Unnie, your phone is ringing." Jieun hands me my phone, I take it and answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, just calling you because I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to this masquerade ball with me tonight?"

"A masquerade ball? But I don't have a mask."

"I have a mask for you, don't worry. So, wanna go?"

"You have a mask for me so it's already like a yes." He chuckles.

"Yes, so I'll pick you up later?"

"Yes, see you."

"Ok, I love you."

"Me too."

I hang up and put the phone back in my purse. I let out a sigh and lean against the counter. I've never been to a masquerade ball before, there will be so many good-looking and rich people at ball and I'll be the black sheep. I won't look as beautiful as any of the female guests there, compared to them I'll just look as plain as white bread. But we'll be wearing masks so no one would know who I am and what I look like, that's a good thing I guess? Only Bogum would know who I am, I suddenly feel so insecure ever since I saw that woman who was with Seulgi and I'll never be as beautiful as her. He should let me go and find someone else that is more worthy of him than me. Compared to her, I'm a nobody, look wise and status wise. I'm just a sidewalk rock while that woman is a rare gem.

"Unnie you okay? You look stressed." Jieun wears a worried expression.

"I'm fine, it's just that Bogum wanted to take me to this masquerade ball and there'll be so many high-status people at the ball, I feel like an outcast."

"Unnie, I've never heard you saying stuff like this before. Why the sudden negativity unnie? Is it because of that woman yesterday? I saw your changed of expression and I heard you mumbling something under your breath yeaterday." Damn it, how did she caught on? I thought I suppressed my anger but Jieun still noticed it. "Unnie, you still haven't told Bogum-ssi about you and Seulgi-ssi right?" I slightly nod. "I know the truth hurts sometimes but it's best to get it out of your system unnie."

"Ok, I'll find time to tell him the truth." I won't guarantee it but I'll try.

"Alright unnie and remember I'll always be here so is Joy and Yeri." Jieun gently rubs my shoulder. "Come on unnie, we have orders to complete." I nod and we both go back to our stations and continue working. 

 

Today is very busy for some unknown reason, usually today wouldn't be as busy as this. This is probably the first time ever that I've messed up this much in  a service, my thoughts were all over the place, distracting me with every chance it gets. It keeps reminding me that I have to tell Bogum about my little secret and whatever I'm doing is wrong. It's wrong, I know it is but what can I do when I like someone else? I already feel horrible for waking up on the same bed with another man for three times and yet it still wants to raise more guilt inside of me by telling me that I'm cheating on Bogum.

Yes, as much as I don't want to admit it, I have to. I'm a cheater, what a disgrace, how disgusting. I hate cheaters and yet I'm the one who's becoming one of them, how ironic. I most certainly don't want to be one but what can I do when I don't feel anything romantically Bogum but I do to Seulgi, what can I do? Feelings are unpredictable and unexpected they say and they are correct. Never in my life would I ever thought that I would actually cheat on my significant other, physically and emotionally.

"Unnie, you okay? I've never seen you mess up so many orders like this before."

"I'm sorry Jieun-ah, it's just that there's so many things on my mind right now and it's really distracting." I feel so apologetic to Jieun for being so unprofessional. I shouldn't have let those thoughts get the best of me and ruin my flawless working manners, what a shame.

"It's okay unnie, you don't have to apologize for something really petty. Besides, if I were in your place, I wouldn't be able to think straight. I understand you unnie, don't worry, it's not something you should apologize for." Jieun smiles lovingly at me.

"I wish you were my sister."

"Unnie, you have Suzy as your sister and she isn't so bad."

"You're so optimistic, it's irritating."

"You know unnie, there's too many negativity in this world and adding some positivity into it wouldn't hurt anyone."

"I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right, just take a deep breath and exhale slowly to focus and restart yourself." I do as I'm told and inhale a lungful amount of air then exhale slowly. I feel better now.

"Thanks Jieun-ah, I feel alot more refreshed now."

"You're welcome unnie, now let's continue our work." I nod and go back to my station.

There's a steady amount of customers flocking in thee cafe, it's insane. I've never seen this many customers on a weekday before, normally this would only happen on the weekends and never on the weekdays but it's happening now, it's crazy. Jieun and I could barely get the orders done in time, I think we most definitely need another helping hand; Jieun and I are going crazy with the insane amount of orders and customers are in the cafe at the moment. I bet the reason why there's an overflown amount of customers here is because the weather today, it's tremedously hot and the sun is basically trying to give us all heat . I guess they needed something to cool them all down, I think this could be the possible reason why.

"Unnie can you give me a hand real quick?" I turn to see Jieun struggling with the drinks in her hands.

"Of course." I proceed to take some of the orders from Jieun's hands.

"Thanks unnie." She wipes the sweat on her forehead.

"That was the last one for now."

"Yeah, what a disaster unnie, we've never had this many customers on the weekdays. It's not a bad thing of course but it'd be nice if they didn't rush us, I felt pressured you know."

"I understand you, I've never messed up so much in a service before, this is the first time."

"It's okay unnie, we all make mistakes and mess up in our lifetime so don't be so hard on yourself unnie."

"You're so postitive, it sickens me." Jieun laughs.

"Positivity brings happiness unnie."

"You could say that I guess."

"Well,come on unnie, I've already ordered our lunch."

"Since when did you do that?"

"I'm very sly unnie." Jieun smirks and I shake my head at her. Jieun then brings in our lunch from the delivery man.

"Need some help?"

"It's okay unnie, I can manage." She brings all the bags from the delivery man and sets them on the table. "This one is mine." Jieun proceeds to take out the box one by one. "And this one is yours unnie." She hands me a box and a pair of chopsticks.

"Thanks." I open the box and the aroma instantly hits my nose. I hadn't notice that my stomach has been begging me to feed it, I guess I was too busy and exhausted to realize it. I tear the chopstick's packet up and start to dig in. 

I sit back in my chair and gently rub my stomach, I can't believe how much food we both had devoured, actually I was the one who had devoured most of it and I don't regret one bit. All the walking and serving had drained out almost all of my energy and of course I had to recharge by stuffing my face with our lunch.

"I didn't know you had a huge stomach unnie." Jieun exclaims.

"All of the walking and serving drained out all of my energy, that's why I couldn't stop eating."

"Of course unnie, you've worked so hard today and I'm very proud of you hence tomorrow I'm not going to open the cafe for a day and give the both of us a day off." Jieun beams.

"Are you sure? Tomorrow could be as busy as today."

"No worries unnie, a day off for the both of us wouldn't hurt."

"Yeah, I think I need a day off as well."

"So unnie, I heard that Bogum is taking you to some masquerade ball right?" Oh my god, I totally forgot about it. How could I forget about that? He personally called me, what a forgetful person I am.

"Yeah." I mutter.

"I've never been to a masquerade ball before, how lucky you are to have a boyfriend like him." Yes...I'm very lucky but he's not lucky to have a selfish girlfriend like me.

"You should find someone then Jieun-ah, you're a sweet and hard-working girl, anyone would be lucky to have you."

"That's sweet of you to think of that unnie but I'm not interested to have anyone right now, I would like to spend time with myself first before sharing it with someone else. As of now I'm not interested." Jieun claims and why does that sound so oddly similar to something I heard before? "Love is pointless, overrated and just a waste of time." What an idiot I am, falling for someone who thinks that love is pointless, overrated and just a waste of time. Who am I kidding? I could be falling for Bogum and I should be but instead I ended up falling for a guy who wants nothing to do with love, what a twist of fate.

"Jieun-ah, do you think that love is pointless, overrated and just a waste of time? She slightly chuckles.

"I don't think love is pointless, overrated and just a waste of time, if it was all of that then none of us here would exist right? Is that what you think unnie?"

"No, it's just I heard it from someone that's all."

"Well, whom ever you heard it from must be some anti-love person." I chuckles dryly. You have no idea.

"You could say that." I mutter.

"Just a hypothetic question unnie, what if Bogum asks you to marry him? Would you say yes or no?" That's one hell of a hypothetic question. I should say yes because he's my boyfriend or should I say no because I don't love him like the way he's in love with me. This is so frustrating, why can't I just love Bogum? Why do I have to fall for someone else? Why? Curse you stupid heart. It's not that I don't want to get married, every woman wants to get married at some point of their lives but it to marry someone you don't feel as much as they feel for you however you feel something for someone instead of the person you should be feeling the same for, it stinks.

It's not that I don't love Bogum, I do love him but only as a very good friend and the thought of marrying him should be a god feeling but instead of feeling good, I feel guilty. Guilt in which he's choosing to marry someone who doesn't love him as much as he loves them. I'm wrong for not telling him the truth and I just keep him false feelings, how bad of me. I should be ashamed of myself, first of all, I let another guy take something that was very precious to me away. Second, I had slept with that guy three times. Third and most importantly, I fell for that guy, how shameful that is.

"I don't know Jieun-ah, it hasn't happen yet."

"It's just a hypothetical question unnie, but anyways, let's clean this up because I'm pretty sure customers are going to storm in some times later." I nod and start to help Jieun clean up the mess we made. It doesn't take long for the both of us to finish cleaning up everything on the table, we both then go back to our stations ready for the huge amount of customers to enter the cafe. Minutes after we're done cleaning, a horde of customers enter the cafe like their lives depend on it. I try to focus on every customer's needs and try not to let my mind wander around at a crucial time like this.

Every thought of Seulgi, I try to push them all aside but I still get distracted sometimes, less than what it did to me this morning. I manage to get the orders right to each and every customer, I try to not it get the best of me . This man seems to have an effect on my mind, there are times where I find it hard to sleep at night because of how he invaded my mind. Also, the thought of him and that woman pisses me off somehow; when he's not with me, I don't know what he could be doing and what he could be doing with her, the thought is maddening. How dare he say that he stopped fooling around and yet he brought a girl here with him and acted all couple-like, disgusting. What a huge jerk he is. Is he trying to mess with my mind and make me overthink things? Well, congratulations, it worked because my mind is filled with nothing but him and that woman. Jieun and I watch customers leave the cafe one by one , I let out a big breath because of how tiring and hectic this day has been.

"We've worked hard today unnie, we deserve a day off."

"Yes, we do."

"But before we do, let's clean up first because Bogum could be here at any moment." Oh yeah, he's taking me to a masquerade ball, which I don't even know if I have a dress for it. Nonetheless, we both start cleaning the place, I sweep and mope while Jieun cleans the equipments. We both make sure that the place is spotless, Jieun locks the front door after we both stepped outside. A familiar car drives towards us and I know who it is, the engine dies down as the person steps outside of the car and a smile is seen on his face.

"Hey beautiful." Bogum gives me a quick kiss on my lips then put an arm around my shoulders.

"Can you not be so lovey-dovey in front of me?" Jieun mocks and Bogum laughs.

"No can do, I'll be very lovey-dovey with her because I love her and everything about her." Jieun fakes a gag.

"I'll see you later unnie, I don't want to be here any longer and I heard that you're taking unnie to a masquerade ball. If there's drinking, don't let her drink over her limit."

"I know Eun-ah, I won't do that, you know that I'll always take care of her no matter what."

"Good, now I gotta go; I promised my parents that I'll take them out for dinner, so see you both and take care of our unnie Gum-ah."

"Will do, good night Eun-ah."

"Goodnight Gum-ah and unnie." Jieun waves at us and I wave back at her. Bogum suddenly brings me into a hug and I freeze at the sudden action. Why am I becoming a stone because of a hug from my boyfriends and I repaet from MY BOYFRIEND?! I shouldn't be a statue and I should melt into it but I don't. He kisses my forehead and pulls back, I can see nothing but love in his eyes and that makes me feel more guilty. I wrap my arms around and bury my face into his chest. He softly caresses my hair and tighten the hug.

"What's wrong darling?" I pull back and look up at him.

"Nothing, it's just that today was very busy and I kept messing up the orders." He smiles and gently caresses my cheeks.

"You don't have to feel sorry, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter