Meeting you.

My life was hell but with you, I'm starting to know what heaven feels like.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The grass of Ddeulgi's front yard is very green and very soft, Ddeulgi likes it. Ddeulgi likes to play on the green grass of Ddeulgi's front yard because while playing Ddeulgi gets to see the birds flying around in the sky and it makes Ddeulgi wonder if Ddeulgi will ever be able to play with the birdies up there but granda told Ddeulgi that Ddeulgi can't play with the birdies because Ddeulgi is human not a bird and Ddeulgi doesn't have any flappy things called wings but that's ok because Ddeulgi thinks that if Ddeulgi has wings then Ddeulgi would be very tired from flying around all the time and it looks very umcomfortable. Ddeulgi doesn't mind if Ddeulgi can't play with the birdies because Ddeulgi has grass to play on and Ddeulgi can play on it with grandpa and the noonas that take care of Ddeulgi when grandpa and daddy isn't home.

"Daddy! Daddy! Look what Ddeulgi can do." Ddeulgi show daddy one of the soccer tricks Ddeulgi learned in school. 

"That's great son." Daddy says but Ddeulgi can see that daddy isn't looking at Ddeulgi but he's busy talking on the phone and writing something down. Ddeulgi stop doing the trick and pout. Daddy is always busy, he's either on the phone or writing something down or he's always in the office and whenever Ddeulgi wants to play with daddy he will always say that sorry he's busy. Ddeulgi doesn't like it at all, Ddeulgi doesn't like it when daddy's busy Ddeulgi want to play with daddy Ddeulgi want daddy to read me a bedtime story before bed everynight but daddy is always busy and Ddeulgi doesn't like it. 

"Hey my little man." Ddeulgi turns around to see grandpa walk towards Ddeulgi.

"Grandpa!" Ddeulgi feels happy everytime Ddeulgi is with grandpa. Ddeulgi puts Ddeulgi's arms up and grandpa takes Ddeulgi into his arms.

"How's my little man?" Grandpa kisses Ddeulgi's cheeks and Ddeulgi giggles because it tickles (aye an untentional rhyme)

"Ddeulgi is fine grandpa. Oh! Grandpa Ddeulgi wants to show you something." 

"Oh really?"

"Yes." Grandpa smiles and puts Ddeulgi down.

"Watch this grandpa." Ddeulgi show grandpa the soccer trick that Ddeulgi showed daddy.

"Wow! Good job grandson. I'm very proud of you." Grandpa takes Ddeulgi into his arms again and kisses Ddeulgi a whole lot more. Ddeulgi giggles and giggles because grandpa has hairs on his face and everytime grandpa kisses Ddeulgi it tickles. "What do you want to do little man? Should we go kite flying? Or should we go to the zoo? Or how bout I take you out for some new toys?" Grandpa asks Ddeulgi and Ddeulgi just shrugs. "What's wrong little man, are you feeling well or not?"

"Ddeulgi wants daddy to come along too." Ddeulgi says with a small voice and grandpa laughs.

"Seulgi-ah you know your daddy is very busy and I know you want to play with him but daddy has a job to do and his job is very very difficult."

"How difficult is it because all Ddeulgi sees is daddy talking on the phone and writing something down. What's the hard part about it grandpa?" Ddeulgi tilts Ddeulgi's head to one side.

 "Well little man there's alot more than that your daddy has so many people to look after and daddy has to talk with so many people at the same time and daddy has to think about how he's going to make the company better and better."

"How many people does daddy have to look after?"

"Well little man, do you remember the park grandpa took you to?" Ddeulgi nods. "Well if all of the people daddy has to look after would come to the park it would fill up the whole park and you wouldn't be able to play becasue that's how much people daddy has to look after, the size of the park little man." Wow! Daddy has that much people to take care of?! Ddeulgi doesn't want all of them to come there because like grandpa said Ddeulgi wouldn't be able to play around and if that happens Ddeulgi will be very sad and upset.

"OK Ddeulgi umderstands now daddy has many people to look after. Ddeulgi won't complain anymore." Ddeulgi pouts and grandpa messes Ddeulgi's hair. 

"That's my grandson and for being understanding grandpa will take you out for ice cream how about that?" Ddeulgi smiles very widely and grandpa does it too. Ddeulgi closes Ddeulgi's eyes and clasps Ddeulgi's hands together. "What are you doing child?" Grandpa asks Ddeulgi.

"Ddeulgi is praying grandpa. Oh please oh please people at daddy's company don't ever come to the park because Ddeulgi wants to play and if people at daddy's company are all there then Ddeulgi will not have anywhere to play because the park will be full of people at daddy's company so please don't come because Ddeulgi will be very sad and upset if Ddeulgi didn't get to play." Ddeulgi prays to the good people who will make Ddeulgi's wish come true because Ddeulgi has been a good boy and grandpa said that if Ddeulgi is a good boy then every wishes that Ddeulgi makes will come true and Ddeulgi will be on santa's good list and santa will give Ddeulgi a good present on Christmas. Ddeulgi opens Ddeulgi's eyes and grandpa is smiling at Ddeulgi very widely like how Ddeulgi will smile at something Ddeulgi really likes, like ice cream or new toys or that red can of snack with a mustache on the front or this one girl in Ddeulgi's class she is very pretty and Ddeulgi smiles every time Ddeulgi sees her but Ddeulgi is very afraid to talk to her because pretty people makes Ddeulgi shy but that's ok Ddeungwannie will help Ddeulgi talk to her and there is also Ddoojunggie she will help Ddeulgi too. 

"Ok then my child be a good boy and Ddeulgi will be able to play freely at the park but first let's go get ice cream." 

"Yay!"

A knock that door brings me back to reality. "Mr. Kang, you have a meeting at 1pm"

"Thank you Yura" I say to my secretary as she has given my meeting time. What the hell was that? Why was I thinking about that? Either way it doesn't matter now I don't care if people take interest in me or not I don't care. I can't even have the attention I needed from my own father let alone other people. The sound of my phone interrupts my thoughts, I hear my phone ringing, as I pick up my phone from the table I immediately sigh as I saw the ID caller. Of course, who else could it be.......

Son Seungwan 

My annoying best bud, my brother from another mother, my partner in crime and so on. 

I pick the call. "Yo dude! How's it going man!". He says exictedly through the phone

Oh, this approach I know this approach the dude, let's go get a drink and mingle at clubs/bars approach. I sigh through the phone "What is it man? " I ask so uninterested in what he has to say as I already what he's planning to ask.

"Bro you sound so uninterested right now" Because I am.

"OK man, what do you want?" I try to sound as interested as possible.

"Umm let's go on a bros night out" Just as I thought.

"Of course Seungwan! I'd love to, " I say excitedly and sarcastically.

"Really!? Man oh and I thought you would reject" Oh Seungwan you have no idea.

 I chuckle slightly."Oh Seungwan you bet your  I'm going" I smirk triumphantly.

"Dudddeeee" He whines and it disgusts me.

"Dude, I have work to do and responsibilities to take I can't just neglect it." I say, trying to put some sense into him which I highly doubt that would work.

"Yes, I know Mr. CEO I know you have a company to take care of, the board and investors to please and staffs to be a good role model to I know man I know" I scoff. Yeah right Seungwan. "But C'mon man I'm doing this for you." what the heck Seungwan.

"Uh, what does having a bros night out have to do with helping me?" I ask confusingly.

"Uh, yes it does have something to do with you" How would that help me exactly?

"oh yeah Seungwan tell me, tell me how does have to do with me?"

"Oh well first of all you have a lot to take care of and a lot to work on and being an amazing bud, I am, I thought I'd take you out on a bros night out you know to relieve stress and stuff." This dude is unbelievable like he and I both know that a single man like he would go to these kinds of place and hit on women. What a lame excuse to use man.

"Hmm, let me think" I tap on my chin as I pretend to think. "No." I say firmly.

"Dude, you're no fun at all what a lame head" 

"What are you talking about Seungwan I'm the funniest person I've ever met before" I say trying to defend myself from any more insults.

"Yeah, right the funniest person you've ever met, I think you probably have no friends, that's why you're saying that." He laughs and I roll my eyes.

"I hate you Seungwan." I say coldly.

"Oh come on man, lighten up I'm just joking" I remain silent. "Ok ok I'm sorry, but C'mon man, let's hang out and-"

"And gawk at females and hit on them, yeah right Seungwan I know your intentions" I cut him off triumphantly.

He chuckles "Aye, I'm doing this for you, when was the last time you went out on a date or was in a relationship huh?" Relationships? I don't care about relationships; it's a waste of time.

I turn my head to my door when I heard a knock."Mr. Kang, the investors are here now" I heard my secretary said after she knocked on my door.

Finally I can hang up on this moron. "Seungwan I gotta go, I have a meeting to attend to". I tell him

"Alright man! see you at the usual place!" He says.

"What!? Wait Seung-"

And then the line goes out. Goddamn it Seungwan!

-

"I hope you'll take our offer into your consideration, Mr. Yoo" 

"Oh! of course, Mr. Kang, your company is one of the biggest company in Korea and has been established for a decade now and mine is just a little company compared to yours so of course we'll take your offers into our consideration". He smiles. 

"Thank you for your time Mr. Yoo" I thank him as I held my hand out for a shake.

"My pleasure, Mr. Kang" He says as he shakes my hand firmly.

"Yura,please Mr. Yoo to his car please" I command my secretary.

"Thank you, Mr. Kang and Yura-ssi, to my car won't be necessary just to the front door of the building would alright and we'll take it from there." 

"Alright sir, oh! are we still up for golfing tomorrow's noon?" 

"Yes, Mr. Kang I wouldn't miss it for the world".

"Alright then good day, Mr. Yoo" 

"Likewise, Mr. Kang"

Sending him off with my secretary, I went back to my office and plop myself down onto the chair. I let out a sigh as there's so much going on in my head right now, suddenly Seungwan's words came across my mind "when was the last time you went out on a date or was in a relationship huh?". I am keep on pondering until something might pops up. Relationships? I've never been in a real relationship before I mean the ones that I've been in are full of lust and nothing about lust, no love whatsoever at least to me.

I'm not interested in having a relationship right now and for that moron to think that he can play matchmaker with me then he's just wasting his time because I'm not interested and I'll never be. I look outside the window and clouds are starting to form into bigger ones. It's going to pour hard tonight. I press the button on the intercom.

"Yura, Please inform everyone that they are dismissed early and can go home now, you too Yura-ssi." I command her

"Alright, Mr. Kang I'll inform them" 

"Thank you Yura-ssi." 

"No problem sir." 

 

As soon as I arrive home, I immediately take off my blazer and put it on the breakfas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter