Chapter 2: The Offer

A Clumsy Nerd by Day, A Hot Dancer By Night

Soonyoung's POV

The moment I entered the school, silence filled the air. I came a tad bit too early but, I like it. No one was in school and no one was there to trip me, bully me. I wish I could come to school early every single morning but with my calling as Hoshi and me being myself, it is hard. Yesterday, I bumped into Seventeen Mingyu and it felt very... Deja Vu? However, I acted cold towards them. I actually hate them. They have never acted nice towards me, Never stopped people or students aka followers from bullying me or give a single care towards me. Actually, no one in the school does. I gave out a sigh but I bumped into someone and immediately apologized without looking up.

"It is okay Soonyoung", Said a warm mellow voice and I slowly looked up to find the principal in front of me!

"G-Good Morning, Sir!" I stuttered and now I feel like I am making a fool out of myself.

"Actually, I have been meaning to speak with you. It relates to this school and your life outside of school.", He said while looking at me apologetically as my jaw slowly dropped to the floor and which I quickly shut my jaw to not make it obvious. He. Found. Out.

"S-Sir what a-are you t-talking about? I-I do not understand w-what you mean...", I knew that it was too obvious, too obvious for him not to see how badly I tried to cover it up.

"You know what I mean Soonyoung or should I address you... As Hoshi?", the principal mentioned with a playful smirk as I inhaled sharply.

The next moment I knew, I was sitting in his office while he was rummaging through his drawers, as though searching for something important. He began smiling as he reached out to take a few envelopes and placed in front of me as I sat with my back and shoulder straight.

"Do you know what are these letters? And do you know who are they directed to?", He asked gently as I shook my head from left to right answering his question.

"These are Dance Competition invites for Hoshi. These Dance competitions are inviting you. I was wondering who on earth is Hoshi and soon enough... I was wondering who could be Hoshi as we had no student named Hoshi in our school or even looked like Hoshi.... It took me a while but Soonyoung... Please participate in these events." He said with a firm yet gentle voice and before I could refuse the offer, he continued.

"You are not dancing for the school. In fact, I am doing this in terms of your achievement. You are not a member in any of our school's club and seeing this as a way to boost your skills to improve and to imporvoe your morale. You will go as Hoshi and not as Soonyoung. However, it will be tricky since your parents have told me about as to why you dance as Hoshi and so on and so forth but... Are you willing to take up the challenge? You may have to leave in between or during classes and of course with my consent.", He said with a persuasive yet friendly voice.

"I'll think about it... Probably my parents know since you spoke to them but I'll think about it... It's an amazing offer especially for my situation... Just give me a day or two.... By then, I would have my answer. Thank you sir.", I replied with my voice and left the room, entering the empty hallways once more. I was.... distracted in a good way. I walked happily, placing a spring in my step and entered the supposedly empty room.

"...Um... G-Good morning...", I said while immediately looking down and using a small voice before going to seat, slightly shuddering at the fact that 4 members of Seventeen arrived earlier than expected. I took out 1 notebook for Biology and my phone, plugging in my earpiece. I was actually coming up with a choreography for the newest dance. At the same time, I was trying to think about the offer given to me. It has its benefits. I may get the luck to avoid meeting the Seventeen members more than before but it will create suspicion. It will also give me the benefit to actually be alone for more projects and do it at my own pace while, getting achievements after achievements! Its the perfect offer to cover up my background and myself! I can later go on to audition for becoming a Solo idol! My train of thought was once again interrupted as I felt more than a few pairs of eyes staring at me, I glanced and I immediately look forward. ALL OF THE SEVENTEEN MEMBERS ASSEMBLED INTO THE CLASSROOM AND WERE LOOKING AT ME! WHY? 

I silently took a deep breath and buried my face further into my notebook and phone at the same time. I felt a shiver down my spine, knowing that they are still staring at me. I slowly stood straight and looked out of the window calmly, knowing that it may stop. I looked at the blue sky which was slowly getting tainted by the rays of the sun. I slowly broke into a smile, realizing that it is a new day. A new day and a new beginning. As Hoshi, I need to be able to versatile and stop only becoming Hoshi the dancer at night, which everyone talks about in school. I felt determined, determined to get away from this nerd drama and just be myself during the times which I could not. However, something snapped me out of my thoughts and my phone was ringing. I quickly picked up the call.

"He-Hello?"

"DONGSAENG! GUESS WHATTTT~~~ YOUR HYUNG GOT SCOUTED AT A FRIGGIN MODELLING AGENCY!!!", Hyungseok yelled through my earpiece and I bet seventeen only heard murmurs from it.

"Hyung... Please lower down your damn voice.", I said while whispering in my dialect.

"YOU'RE IN SCHOOL!!! WHO IS THIS!? IS THIS REALLY MY DONGSAENG!? RETURN ME BACK MY LAZY DONG-"

"Hyung. This is your dongsaeng. I just decided to come early. Treat me to a bubbletea ice cream later and you also owe me my gift for the bet.", I said still whispering.

"Ahhh~ So.... Hoshi... How are you doing? Missed me-" , I immediately ended the call and glared at my phone. The phone rang again. It was a mistake to pick it up.

"HOSHIIIIIIII~~~ GIVE ME YOUR-", I immediately stood up abruptly, letting my chair scratch the floor. I walked silently out the door and closed the door nicely before taking a deep breath.

"Hyung do you wanna f***ing die? Or do you need me to run there and strangle you till you need to stay in the hospital for a month?", I asked while my mouth poured words filled with venom seeping obviously onto the other line as it shut him up.

"...Mianhae (Translation: Sorry)"

"Thank you so later I'll see you... Bye hyung~!", I returned back to my cheerful demeanour and entered the class acting shy as the entire Seventeen was looking at me, suspiciously.

Dino's POV:

"Um... is everything alright Sunbaenim?", I looked at him cluelessly. The seventeen hyungs looked at me as though I said something completely absurb. I gave them what-did-i-do-wrong face.

"U-Um... w-what make-makes you say that?"

"You were walking out of class with a very... pardon me for saying this but.... with a dangerous atmosphere around you... Like you wanted to kill somebody." I said genuinely. Seventeen looked shock and Soonyoung Sunbarnum looked at me as the phone fell out of his hands. He immediatelt checked his phone for any cracks and sighed in relief.

"To be honest... ", Soonyoung began shyly while glancing at me and then the rest of the members who were giving different looks.

"I wanted to stranggle someone and send him to hospital for a month.", He said straightforwardly yet looking down and fiddling his fingers while me and my hyungs were shocked at what he revealed.

"My hyung kind of teased me of something which um... is unique and if I d-did not threaten him... he would go on.... for 3 months.... so yeah.... wait why am I telling you guys this... hahahha...", Soonyoung sunbaenim laughed awkwardly before slowly making his way to his seat.

"Sunbaenim... What type of performing arts do you major in?" I asked him.

"I major in dance."

"But Sunbaenim I've never seen you perform on stage during the examinations or even maybe seeing you do any performing arts including singing."

"Let's just say... the teachers are unfair towards me and me only. Well... I am the ONLY nerd of this school plus do not call me sunbaenim. It feels weird to hear someone call me that since I am used to being called by such names.", he said while smiling awkwardly at me as tears began to pool at the side of my eyes.

"S-Sunbaenim...", I called out before crying out loud. Soonyoung immediately panicked while the other members were trying to comfort me. Soonyoung reached out for a packet of tissue from his bag and wiped my tears which surprised most members.

"I'm fine. So... don't cry okay? I can handle it and I am still alive." Soonyoung sunbaenim looked like an angelic brother and it was as though... he did not mind being a nerd and even knew the perks of being a nerd. He laughed genuinely as he patted my head and afterwards, ruffled it a bit before going to his seat and silently stretching, and acting like nothing happened. He is strong and I admire him. I want to be like him. I looked at the members and realised they were frozen in place. I shook them a bit to get them back from earth. They look distracted and they kept glancing at Soonyoung hyung. I think I like Soonyoung hyung... as a brother.

Author's Note:

Yay~~~ Second chapter up! And now to mention~ A day just after the first chapter was released~ Yahoooooo~~~~ Send me any comment that you would like to know more about story or me. I will also becoming up with 2 other different plots of nerd stories sooner or later in the future~