Chapter 4: D-Day

A Clumsy Nerd by Day, A Hot Dancer By Night

Soonyoung's POV: 

Today is the day. The day where me as Hoshi will finally participate in a competition. I have definitely participated in underground dance battles but never participated in a public dance competition. I went up to the register with half of my face being covered with my face mask. 

"Your name?", the lady at the registration counter asked without looking up.

"Hoshi", I said while her pen dropped and she slowly looked up at me with wide eyes before quickly writing my name.

"Rep-presenting a-any company o-or-"

"No... I came here solo", I interrupted her politely and winked playfully.

"H-H-Here's your number! G-G-Good luck!", she said while a faint red patch of blush covered her pale cheeks. I immediately smiled and gived her a thumbs up as I walked towards a seat. As I walked towards the empty seat, silence erupted the noise of chatter. People began looking at me and whispers began to fill the air in the auditorium.

"Who is he?"

"He's not representing any company or school..."

"He looks familiar..."

"Is he here as a judge or a dancer?

"Who could he be?"

"He looks hot..."

I stared at the dim glowing screen of my phone as people continued to stare at me. I wore a sleeveless HBA jacket with a hoodie and I was wearing pants from supreme. Jiyong hyung told me he wanted to dress me up but looks like I grabbed too much attention. Jiyong Hyung even did my bangs and added a hint of cologne. I inhaled and sigh deeply as people began to stream in slowly in groups, duos or solos. The chatter began once again but the stares and whispers did not stop. This is why I resolved to being a nerd. I remembered how many times the girls in my elementary school tried to steal my clothes and them being females, a male could not hit them. Moments later, the competition began and I bit my lip, trying to calm myself down.

Jun's POV:

"Dino where is that... um... Soonyoung?", I asked after trying to locate him by going to his classroom, the rooftop and even the canteen.

"Did you forget Jun Hyung? He just told us yesterday! He has a program today outside of school~ Not to mention, HIP Dance Competition is going on now!! I really want to go to it but... I do not want to play truancy...", said Dino as he pouted cutely. I patted his head, and smiled*

"No worries one day we can go to watch or maybe even participate in the competition. Plus, this year is filled with several dance competitions! So do not feel down~!", I said with a smile on my face. Anyone who hurts Dino's feelings shall face seventeen's rage and anger. No one messes with our maknae however, Dino has been trying to get close with Soonyoung the nerd though. Dino admires him for his perseverance and I could tell he wants to learn more about that nerd.

"Jun Hyung is it just me or... Is Soonyoung Sunbaenim hiding something from everyone? Ever since that morning, I feel like he is hiding his real self...", Dino said while looking into space, in confusion.

"What do you mean?", I asked curiously.

"I mean if you remember yesterday night... He was wearing decent clothes and I saw the exact same plain shirt and baggy pants from HBA. Its quite expensive for such a simple shirt and pants...", Dino said while still looking out of the window in the cafeteria. I heard girls squeal silently and I began to notice how Dino was positioned. The sun was gently shining on his face and I had to stop myself from facepalming at how the girls were squealing over that.

"So?"

"What if Soonyoung Sunbaenim... is more.. what is that phrase? ah! is more to than what the eye meets! He always have his bangs down and always wear those huge glasses. It covers his eyes. Why have I not noticed before!?", Dino exclaimed, proud of himself about trying to find out about that nerd.

"Please Dino... He is just a nerd and he is probably not hiding anything, I mean he does not wear properly while at the same time, he just reads book. It is also probably normal of him to excercise at night. No Biggie~", I said while trying to convince him that the nerd is more than what he is cause as far as I observed him, he just apologizes when he does something and wears nerdy clothing but I remembered how he looked like yesterday night. He looked really good-looking... I wonder what if- wait what am I thinking?

Soonyoung's POV:

Everyone who was at the auditorium was finally seated. I could tell that all the seats were filled and since this is a dance competition that is widely known. Some schools send their best students, companies send their trainees to compete to see where they stand in the cruel world called reality and there are other people who came to make a name for themselves or just to get an achievement for what they love doing, I am in the last category. Now that I mentioned these types of people in the auditorium, why did the principal not send Seventeen's Performance group? They have a Jun and The8 the jerks, apart from Dino. Wait if they attend these dance competitions... I am so dead. They might just find out who Hoshi is and then I have to act as myself and then they will find out who I am! Oh no oh no... God please do save me from such situations. I won't be able to live my life in peace. I was snapped back to reality when I was thrown a chocolate to the head by none other than my brother who was wearing a disguise. I smiled till my eyes were in the shape of crescents and I pulled my face mask forward so I could eat the bar of chocolate without revealing my face.

Moments later, I heard my number being called and I made my way to the stage. The auditorium was finally calm after the performance which a group of girls gave upon covering Heart Attack by AOA sunbaenim. People glanced at me and the whispering began again as I sighed deeply. I went up the stage and I was given a mic to introduce myself to the three judges and the huge audience.

"Hello~ Masked boy~ What is your name? And would you also remove your face mask?", Said a judge cheerfully and smiled brightly like he was a bundle of sunshine. I pulled the mic closer to me and spoke without removing the facemask.

"I am sorry sir... I cannot remove my face mask due to reasons but my name is Hoshi~," I said playfully, completely being myself in front of a huge audience. I saw one of the female judges who was drinking a water bottle choke as one of the other male judges helped her to calm down. The audience itself was in chaos.

"H-HOSHI!?"

"W-wait... no way!"

"KYAAAA OPPA~~~!!!"

"Who is Hoshi?"

"WHY ARE GIRLS SCREAMING!?"

"HOSHI OPPA PLEASE BE MY BOYFRIEND"

"Please be seated in silence, the court session will begin in a few moments." Said the male judge who helped the femlae judge monotously which seemed to made everyone keep quiet. I bit my lip from laughing out but not after stifling a laughter.

"So Hoshi please show us what you have got~ for the solo category.",the judge mentioned while winking as the female audience squealed in delight at his wink. I passed the mic to the Av crew (Audio Visual Crew). I got into position, sitting on the ground as though posing.

The music started and I used the song Team by Iggy Azalea. Do. Not. Judge. Me. It had a good beat for me to cover the dance. The moment the beat started I got up as though I was drunk and ruffled my already messy hair and begin my choreo. Moving to the beat, easily changing from doing small movements to big movements. The crowd was cheering. I slide across the stage floor and went into popping and in the midst of the choreography, I pushed my slightly damp bangs backwards when I was getting up from the floor using a dance move, causing girls to scream and faint while boys looked at me in admiration as I hold my bangs backwards and gave a cheeky wink towards the crowd before using my hand as a gun to shoot the crowd. I walked towards the wall of the stage as the music fade out. I cutely turned 180 degrees to face the judges, knowing that I have got it in the bag as the auditorium erupts into screams, yells and wolf whistles applauding my performance. I was smirking behind my face mask. 

During the prize giving, I was given the first prize for the solo category of males. I received my prize while bowing respectfully. I felt like I did something to prove myself. It felt good to get something by yourself. I bowed to the crowd and also bowed to the other participants, showing my fullest respect and gratitude to actually compete against them. I walked out happily having the trophy and certificate in my hand and it was already evening. I walked towards a carpark nearby and hopped into a red mercedes which was my brother waiting.

"WELL DONE DONGSAENG~~~ TODAY... WE EAT GOGI~~~!!" , He said in happiness as I fistbumped the air and happily talked to him, as he kept his eyes on the road while talking to me. I removed my face mask and changed my shirts in the car and also changed into my nerd disguise just in case some girls tried to follow me and not my completely disguised brother.

As soon as we entered the barbecue shop, I ordered for a lunchbox set along with my brother as we ate our food, enjoying the celebrative mood we had. Little did Soonyoung knew, Hoshi stirred up a lot of chaos not only for his fandom but for his entire school too.

Author's Note: I was almost having a writer's block when I was thinking of another Nerd plot! XD I hope you guys would enjoy this chapter and anticipate... for the chaos which will begin in the next chapter.