Chapter 19: Ruckus

A Clumsy Nerd by Day, A Hot Dancer By Night

(G.N) Taegyun's POV:

It was soon Monday. The most dreaded day of the week. As much as I am not in a position like Soonyoung Hyung who has to act like a nerd... I still dislike the Mondays ever since our seniors more specifically SHINee Sunbaenim... try to literally follow me and Hyunseo around, within the school compounds. Something is up and I think there is something going on that maybe is more than what meets the eye. Last Saturday and Sunday were probably the best. We had Korean BBQ with SVT members and even went to an arcade. We had loads of fun but something was bothering me and I had a hunch that something is about to happen. I don't know what it is or what is going to happen but it looks like it might bring along troubles as well. I walked towards the school gates and met up with Hyungseok Hyung.

"Did you have a good sleep?", Hyungseok Hyung asked. I looked at him and nodded my head, blinking my eyes before that. I heard some girls cooed at me and I looked at Hyungseok who was snickering. I rolled my eyes as we walked towards the entrance of the school. The nearer we were towards the entrance of the school, the more crowded it became. Something was up and it looks like that it was something extraordinary.

"OH, MY GOD! YES!"

"Is this really going to happen!?"

"I am signing up for this!"

"Yes~! Finally... a battle!"

My eyes became wider, if possible, at the statements being made. It was as though the entire school population was buzzing over something which happened only today. I began to squeeze myself through the crowd which almost packed like a can or sardines and went towards the direction of where the crowd was trying to move. There were only 15 minutes to class and the place is crowded. I finally could breathe as I reached aboard. Nothing fancy was placed on the board, just posters and sign up sheets. Wait... Sign-up sheets? I squinted my eyes at the small words on a certain poster which said 'Battle between the rivals! Which school will win?' I took a picture of the poster and went up to read it properly, even though I was on the verge of dying due to the suffocation. My jaw slackened and dropped open. Soonyoung Hyung was the first person that came to mind... Does he know about this yet or no?! This might bring a bit of trouble for us...

Soonyoung's POV:

I got off the bus and today, the sun seemed to shine brighter than before. I was walking towards the school gates with my fake demeanour and trying to act as nerdy by making sure I read a book which was my notes for my next test for tomorrow since I did no revision during the weekends. I had the shock of my life when people were suddenly running towards the school's huge doors. I glanced and observed, They were all getting excited for some reason. I could hear persistent yells which were just filled with determination and it looks like something big is happening.

"WE SHALL BEAT THEM! LET US UNITE AND BEAT THEM!", A boy yelled.

"We'll show them what it's like to mess with us students of SOPA", said a girl who was standing beside me and she was speaking as though she was about to lead a gang to fight. I could hear cheers and as I passed through the halls, moving towards the source of entertainment for the rest of the students... I saw posters which I was not able to read clearly since I was being pushed forward and being squished. I was soon in front of a board, due to the consistent pushing and I saw sign-up sheets. I read the poster and my eyes were getting wider by the second. A battle between the two rival schools will begin and all students must participate! This is really really bad... If even one single girl from my elementary school goes to this public competition, there goes all of my hard work of trying to keep a low profile and I don't know if I can handle this. The sign-ups were for the different categories. I continued to read and realised that there will be extra classes after school for all students to break their limit and set themselves an even higher record for themselves. I gulped my saliva and took a deep breath in, inhaling the air as I turned a hundred and eighty degrees to head towards the principal's office. As soon as I got out of the crowd, I sat down and even realised that the teachers were even in this and we have approximately ten minutes to class.

I looked up from the floor and realised Dino arrived and he was looking shocked. Was I putting on a gloomy face? A doomed face?

"Soonyoung Hyung... Why do you look so troubled? It's as if something bad has happened.", Dino said with worry prominent in his voice. I looked at him and nodded curtly. I furrowed my brows and continued to respond.

"There is going to be a battle between our school and Hanlim...", I began

"Really!? It's time I show those guys to stop underestimating us. Wait then what is the problem?"

"Dino... they are holding extra classes for a month."

"That's great! I can console my instructor and Woozi Hyung!"

"Every.One... has to participate... which means me too Dino!"

"So? I don't see the problem?"

"Dino... I have never performed in front of any teachers in this school which I sometimes call hell... and you know my skills... it'll be the biggest problem and all of my efforts of trying to hide under this stupid ridiculous disguise just to be normal... will be worthless...", I said as I looked around carefully to make sure no one sees us suspiciously or film us or even eavesdrop on our conversation.

"Hyung... maybe it's time to... you know... stop pretending? This is my suggestion... You getting bullied is not normal... you have this gift to choreograph which is unique... Everyone is not normal and different... maybe it's time for you to make the best of your life in high school... and maybe face your fears of not being normal? You'll have the power to stop them since you are their idol... the person they have been admiring... maybe... it's time to take this opportunity to shine. This is just my suggestion you know... You even call this a ridiculous disguise... But you can ignore what I say since in the end... it is your decision.", Dino said politely with a shy smile. What he said immediately got me thinking but I need more time to make my decision. I only have a week and I need help to calm the frenzy which is happening to me both physically and mentally.

I strode towards the principal's office to seek advice and help. I want to hide but at the same time... I don't want to be in the dark and be in the spotlight... but I am just contradicting myself... This is bad for me personally. I knocked on the door and heard a faint voice saying 'come in'. I turned the knob of the door and entered the room with worry evading my mind.

(Jisoo) Joshua's POV:

What with all the ruckus in the early morning!? I was running towards the school since I was late because Seungkwan was playing games with me all night online and I forgot to switch on my alarm! The moment I entered the school compounds... All I could hear was probably the entire population of our school yelling in unison alongside with our teachers, singing our school song with such determination. I was wondering what in the world was going on because the faces they had were as though they were going to war and I saw Dino walking towards me, holding out a flyer as he smiles. I was confused as he walked towards me. Moments later after reading the flyer, I stood rooted to the ground. We're having a battle with Hanlim?! I immediately remembered Hoshi- I mean, Soonyoung! I looked at Dino and at the crowd which diligently sang the school song.

"Is... Soonyoung... aware of this? ", I asked cautiously.

"He does and... I gave him my suggestions... We'll leave the rest up to him... It's his decision and his problem... If he needs help, Soonyoung Hyung will come to ask. That's the type of guy he is. Don't worry!" , Dino said. I can't help but feel uneasy. This is the first time that the school has been willing to go all out, especially on our rival. Worst comes to worst, Soonyoung will still need to attend those remedial classes... that is if... the principal has another plan for him. I sighed and headed towards our classroom in hopes of trying to escape the loud screams and yells of students who were singing the school song as if it was their lifeline.

When the bell rang for the school lunch, the students and teachers were still at it. I met up with the rest of the SVT members at the library since it was soundproof from all the noise created. I have not seen a single glimpse of Soonyoung in the crowd today, even though I was squinting my eyes to at least find the brown-haired latter. I just kept wondering as to where has Soonyoung been?! Don't tell me he is sick- but... Dino said he met him today morning. As soon as I opened my mouth to ask Dino about Soonyoung once more even with all the whispering within our group due to our location, I failed to ask him.

"Seventeen members please come to the hall immediately... I repeat the Seventeen members please come to the hall immediately", The principal's voice resonated throughout the school and we looked at one another, before silently leaving the library. A glimpse through the windows of the main hallways, I could feel the stares of many students and teachers. My gut tells me that what the principal wants to talk to us is about this dance battle. Which category will Hyungseok Hyung and Taegyun enter in, since they are from Hanlim... As my thoughts fleet around my mind, I got out of my trance when I realised we have reached the hallways. I looked at the rosewood door and unlike its usual purpose to be a door, at that moment it looked like as if it held magic and mystery. Woozi walked forwards and pushed the door inwards and we could see that on stage, the principal was standing there under the spotlight as if waiting for us. He smiled but his eyes had a playful glint and look like he had something up his sleeves. We slowly walked towards him and DK, as well as Seungkwan, helped to close the doors behind us and we walked towards the centre of the stage, standing in front of the principal in a single file as our backs faced several empty seats.We greeted him and waited for him to continue as to what he might be discussing for today.

"I guess you have seen the chaos that almost our entire population had made and I assume you know what the ruckus is all about but for I'll go into the details very briefly. I and Mr Kim had decided to have a battle against the two schools. It's to allow them to experience the tension that they may face when they plan to go into the music industry as a professional when they have graduated from high school. However, there are other categories which also include idol categories, either solo or as a group. So I am asking whether you guys are interested to participate as a group as a principal, I would like you to participate in this battle but I do not want to force you. Mr Kim confirmed just a few moments ago that SHINee will be participating so I have a different schedule for you guys if you agree to join as a group.", Mr Park said as he gave a playful smirk. I immediately looked at our leader and our producer, S.coups and Woozi respectively. I was worried because even though we have our groups, we always covered other groups so to have such choreography we need to give the best our abilities to make such an amazing choreography that shows our style, a song that shows our colours and our lyrics must be filled with meaning to get our message across. I was worrying because we still have yet to find our style of dancing. We huddled into one circle.

"So what do you guys think? Do you want to do it?", S.coups asked. Most of us agreed but were hesitant about the entire situation

"I am very worried since I would like to know about the schedule since it may clash with our usual routine like our time spent, but we can actually show the other school that they should never underestimate, especially SHINee Sunbae ", Woozi said with his eyebrows almost furrowing in frustration as that means we have to make this our priority besides doing our homework and handing it in on time. We came to an agreement and told Mr Park that we would agree to do this.

"Of course... I will send the schedule to you via Kakao. I have decided that to get you some help, after much persuasion and mutual agreement...", Mr Park said while smirking. Looks like whatever kind of journey we are going to experience, maybe a bumpy one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note:

Hello~~~ Jung_1004 here! I apologise for my late update... MAMA awards and MMA awards happened. It looked so amazing and I eventually had the time to fangirl over it. I am also coming up- okay maybe not coming up but deciding which story which I would like to actually like to publish soon. I have another story but I decided to put it on hold since I really do not have a clear vision of the ending. I have also been experiencing writer's block because I want this book to transcend to each scene smoothly so that is why I need to sometimes to read back my stories to find the pieces of information which I have scattered over the stories. So please forgive me! I also apologise if this chapter was not done properly.