The last picture

Lean on me

"Mimi?...Mimi...MIMI!" Hoshi was shaking Mimi like mad. She still seemed to be in a world of her own. Tears were streaming down her face and she was pulling hard at Hoshi's t-shirt.

"I'm sorry...it wasn't my fault....I'm so sorry!" Mimi kept repeating the same thing over and over. At first Hoshi had no idea what she was on about but not that long after taking Mimi to her room she kept talking about her dad. Hoshi came to the conclusion that Dino shouting at her somehow reminded her of her dad and terrified her. Hoshi had sat and comforted Mimi for almost an hour now. He wasn't gonna leave till he knew she was perfectly fine. 

"It's okay Mimi. I'm here..." He her head and laid down on the bed with her. Not that long after she cried herself to sleep, Hoshi stormed off to Dino's room. 

"Hey!" Hoshi knocked on Dino's door once. I say knocked but it was more like a punch. "Open up you-" Dino opened the door and dragged Hoshi in, cutting his sentence short. "Listen here-" He was once again cut off by the youngen. 

"I get it. She wasn't acting like I thought she was." He calmly sat on his desk and continued doing whatever he was doing. 

"What do you mean? You thought she was acting? Your her best friend, shouldn't you have been able to tell?!" Dino turned round to look Hoshi in the eyes. 

"WELL I GUESS I DONT KNOW HER DO I?!" Hoshi was speechless. Like Mimi, he wasn't used to Dino shouting.

"Well then try!" Hoshi had Dino by the collar now, their noses almost touching, but Dino didn't flinch. 

"Maybe I don't want to! It'll only hurt more!" He pushed Hoshi away and that's when he spotted Mimi stood at his bedroom door. "Mimi I-" 

"No it's okay, I get it..." Mimi gave Dino a bright, fake, smile and walked calmly back to her room. 

"Mimi!" Dino went to run after her but Hoshi held him back. 

"Don't you dare try acting like you care for her all of a sudden. I'll go." And with that, Hoshi left the room. Dino wasn't sure whether to be mad at Hoshi or himself. He wanted to be mad at Hoshi for taking the one person he's ever loved away but he knew that it was himself who let her go. It was him that let her be taken away and he hated himself for it. If he had just told her who he was and how he felt sooner then maybe, just maybe, this situation would be different. But he knew it was all a wish, there was no way that she could still love him after all these years. He was just too foolish to believe that she would. "Damn!" Dino threw the picture of Mimi and himself that they took at the amusement park that night at a wall. Bits of glass flew everywhere making the floor look pretty and shiny even though if you stood on them it would cause pain. Kind of like love. Dino laughed at his own thought and threw himself onto the bed and silently cried into his pillow. 

"Mimi? It's me Hoshi. Let me in?" He heard a quick sniffle and very faint footsteps. Mimi opened the door with a smile on her face even though her eyes were red from crying. 

"I'm okay. You don't need to worry." She went to shut the door but Hoshi put his foot in the way. 

"Ow...anyway, I know your not okay. Just look at your eyes." 

"Oh that's nothing, I just got a bit of dust in my eye that's all." She let out a little laugh and went to shut the door again. This time Hoshi swung the door open and grabbed Mimi's wrist, spinning her into a hug. He stayed silent and her hair. "Hoshi really I'm fine..." She went to push away but Hoshi wouldn't let her. 

"He didn't mean it..." Mimi bit her lip to stop herself from crying again but it didn't work. She burst out in tears again, soaking Hoshi's t-shirt. "I promise you....he didn't mean it...."

"B-but he....he looked so determined...h-he meant it!" Mimi said in between sobs. Hoshi smiled at how his t-shirt was more soaked than her face. He didn't mind though. He'd rather her let it all out and soak his t-shirt than her cry alone in her room. They suddenly heard a smashing sound coming from Dino's room. Mimi released herself from Hoshi's grip and wiped her eyes. "W-what was that?" 

"Just Dino throwing a tantrum." Hoshi let out a little laugh and he heard Mimi giggle for a second before she picked up a picture frame. "What's that?" 

"It was the last picture we took together. It was the day before I left for America and Dino left for training. He took me to an amusement park and it was my first time going. I think that was the best night of my life. Heck we even kissed at the end!" She let out a laugh even though she felt a tear run down her cheek.

"You still have it?" Hoshi lent his arm on Mimi's head. 

"It never left my side. It was on my desk by my bed in America and it's here now. Other than my mothers locket, this is the most important thing to me." Hoshi smiled and ruffed up Mimi's hair. 

"Food?" Mimi nodded. "So what you cooking?" Mimi looked offended and Hoshi stuck his tongue out at her. 

"Why you..." Mimi went to kick Hoshi but he run away. "Scaredy cat!" Mimi ran after him. 

"The both of them cause so much noice in the dorm." Seungkwan said as they ran past him