The promise

Lean on me

"Childhood friends aye?" S.Coups was driving Mimi and Dino home. Mimi was in the back asleep and Dino was in the front with S.Coups. 

"Mmhmm. I knew it was her once she started doing that scary smile that she always does. She did it as a child too!" Dino went off on a long story about how the two met as kids when they both went to the same dance club. At that time everyone called Mimi by her real name Miriam but she never liked it. After meeting Dino they came up with nicknames for each other. Miriam was Mimi and Chan became Channie. After a few weeks of meeting they realised they were in the same school, different classes though. They would always text in class and ask to go to the toilet just so that they could meet. It wasn't long until Mimi was taken out of the dance club and forced to study like mad. She had to go straight home after school and wasn't allowed her phone anymore so naturally she lost almost all contact with Dino. The only reason they didn't lose contact was because every so often Dino would sneak into Mimi's house and help her study. Mimi never knew but at that time Dino had auditioned to become a trainee at Pledis and his result came in that he was accepted but he wanted to see Mimi just one last time. Dino climbed through the window like he usually does and Mimi was sat at her desk, her back facing him. He slowly creeped up to Mimi and screamed. 

"Channie i swear I'm gonna kill you one of these days!" She hit his back and moved over so that he could share the seat with her. Dino was still laughing his head off "Shut up or my parent will hear you and we'll both be dead!" Mimi handed him a pen and pencil and put her textbook in between them both. Dino picked up the pencil and fiddled with it. 

"Something wrong? Your usually fine with studying with me...Cha-" Dino turned to Mimi and grabbed her hand. 

"Let's go do something fun today!" He pulled her off her seat and went to the window. 

"Channie if I get caught..." Dino looked her in her eyes. 

"I know. But just this once please, let's go somewhere." Dino wanted to make the last time he would see her as special as possible. 

"Okay fine. Just this once..." Mimi only agreed because she was leaving for America the next day. Her original plan was to just leave but she decided to say her goodbyes. 

 

Dino ended up taking the two of them to a theme park. It was night so all of the rides lights lit up the night sky. There was faint screaming accompanied by music from the Waltzers. Mimi looked down and realised she was basically in pyjamas. "Channie why didn't you say we were going here? I would have changed!" 

"Too late!" Dino answered while pulling Mimi over to the biggest drop ride he had ever seen. "This one!" He was totally oblivious to the fact that Mimi was terrified of heights and dragged her on. Mimi had never had the chance to go to a theme park before so she didn't even know that she would basically die on this ride. It started and they started to go higher and higher. 

"Ch-Channie...h-how high does this go?" 

"Verry high!" Dino held his arms up but he spotted Mimi gulp and close her eyes. "Must be scared of heights..." he whispered to himself while putting his hand down and grabbing hers. "If you get scared just squeeze it. You'll feel a lot bet-" Suddenly the ride dropped and Dino's hand felt like it was going to drop off. "I didn't mean that tight!" They finally reached the bottom and once the rail was lifted Mimi ran to safety. Dino calmly got off while laughing at Mimi's expression. 

"It is not funny!" He walked over and leaned down so there noses were almost touching. 

"Oh yes it is!" He said while flicking her forehead. She frowned and rubbed the spot that he flicked. She felt herself go red at what she thought he was about to do. 

"Get yourself together!" She slapped her cheeks and followed Dino onto the next ride. 

 

About two hours later they had been in every single ride and played ever arcade game there. Mimi had spotted cotton candy so they decided to get some. 

"So good!~" Mimi said while grabbing a handful and shoving it in . Dino looked at Mimi and felt himself blush a little. Since when had she been this cute? He shoved the thought away and stole half her candy. "Hey that's mine!" 

"Not any more!" He shoved it in his mouth and winked at her. Mimi rolled her eyes and lay down to look at the stars. Just then Dino spotted a locket around Mimi's neck. 

"What's that?" He said while lying next to her. 

"This?" She filled with the locket. "Oh it was my mom's. I found it the day she ran away but I feel if she ever found out I had it she'd kill me!" She let out a little, awkward laugh and sat back up. Dino did the same. She broke the locket in half and gave one half to Dino. "Here. I'm moving to America tomorrow and when I return I'm sure you'll want to find me. Use this, keep it around your neck and I'll keep my half around my neck so that when I come back you'll know it's me." A tear rolled down her cheek but she smiled anyway. "Just wait for me okay? And when I get back I promise to fufull any wish you want. Think of it as my way of saying sorry." Dino took the locket and put it in his pocket. 

"Can I make the wish now?" Mimi nodded. "When i find you...will you...will you go on a date with me? Just like this one?" Mimi was speechless and all the could do was nod. Dino smiled and started to put his face closer to Mimi's. 

"Channie what are you-" She was cut off by the feeling of Dino's lips pressed against hers. Mimi didn't realise she wanted it until it was happening. She felt a tear roll down her cheek. She wished this moment would last forever...